10+ Planner Templates in Excel
People will always have objectives and goals that they would like to achieve, which stands to reason that they will want something that will help them with that. That something has to be able to provide them with details such as what it is that they have to do when they have to do it, and even where they have to do it.
The best tool for that would happen to be a planner. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know about how you can create an effective planner of your own.
Elements of a Planner
If you are going to make your own planner, then the first thing that you will have to learn about the basic elements. You will need to learn what they are so that you are able to create a planner that will help remind you of the goals that you want to achieve and the means by which you will achieve them.
So with that, here are the basic elements that just about every good planner should have:
1. Title: No matter what kind of planner you decide to create, it is important that you are able to come up with an appropriate title. The title is used to tell readers all about the purpose of the document. When making the title, you have to make sure that it is directly related to the planner’s purpose. For example, let’s say that you are making one specifically for planning out a meeting. An appropriate title for this would be something like “Business Meeting Planner” or “Corporate Meeting Planner”.
2. Goals: Every planner that you end up creating will need to contain a description of the goal or goals that you want to be able to achieve. Pointing them out will help in reminding you as to what it is that needs to be done.
3. Task Details: No matter how many numbers of tasks you put into the document, you need to make sure that you are able to provide all of the much-needed details. This is to ensure that every task is done properly so that you can achieve your goal or goals. Provide details such as who needs to do these tasks, what is needed in order to do them, where they have to be done and more.
5. Notes: Any additional information you will need in order to finish certain tasks and achieve specific objectives and goals will need to be placed in the notes section. This can be just about any piece of information so long as you think that it’s needed in your given situation.
10+ Planner Templates in Excel
24 Hours Planner Template
Planned Maintenance Schedule Template
Planned Preventive Maintenance Schedule
Meeting Planner Template
Monthly Budget Planner
Free Financial Planner Template
Free Event Planner Template
Free Goal Planner Template
Budget Planner Inventory Spreadsheet
Simple Budget Planner Template
How to Make a Planner
The next thing that you are going to have to learn would be the steps that will allow you to come up with your very own plan. Even though you already know about the basic elements, you still have to make sure that whatever information you place into the planner is presented in a manner that’s both professional and easy to understand.
So knowing that, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper planner:
1. Use an Excel Program: If you are going to make a plan in Excel, then you are going to need an Excel program to help you. Know that there are many different types that you can use, but that Microsoft Excel is considered as the standard among all of them. This is because the program has been generally accepted as the easiest to use and that it can be commonly found in just about every computer. So if you have the program, then be sure to do the following.
- Open Up Excel.
- Select “File” and then “New”.
- Choose if you would like to make an inventory sheet by starting with a blank sheet or if you want to make use of a template.
If you like, you can use the same process to help you come up with other types of documents in Excel.
2. Make Your Planner: You must now create your very own planner with all of the information you have learned. Know that you still have to put in what the planner needs in order for it to be able to do what it is supposed to. So make sure that you are able to do the following:
- Realize the purpose of the planner: Remember that you will want to first realize the goal or goals you’ve set for yourself. That way, you’ll be reminded as to what tasks you are going to have to complete so that you can put them in with the list of things that you have to do. Also, knowing the purpose of the planner will definitely help you out in coming up with a good title:
- Organize your rows and columns: Since we’re talking about a planner made via Excel, you want to categorize every row and column in a way that will aid you in doing your tasks. For example, you can set aside a number of rows and columns for tasks that you have to do on a specific day. It’s all up to you on how you want to do this so just make sure that you know what you want to put in them.
- Include any additional information you need: Remember that even though you already know what it is that you are supposed to do, you might need to recall important details to ensure that you finish your tasks right. This means that you need to include any information that you think is useful into your planner. What this is will depend entirely on the type of plan you wish to make and what tasks you have to finish. So know exactly what they are so that you can include any additional information you need.
Tips for Making a Planner
- Check for anything that the planner lacks: The last thing that you want is a planner that lacks crucial information. In order for you to avoid that, you are going to have to check and see if there is anything missing. When doing this, it is best that you do a double-check. That way, you can guarantee that you don’t miss out on anything important, and doing this will also help you see if there is anything that you need to change.
- Think about the format: When it comes to making your planner, you need to consider what kind of format you should go for. What this means is that you need to think about the font and font size you are going to use, as well as how the information should be presented. The reason for this is because you want to make sure that whatever information is in the planner can easily be read and understood. To help you out, check the many different samples of planners that you can find online or on our site and use them as references for your own.
Types of Planners
Now that there are a variety of planners that you can make. Considering the fact that every person has their own goals that they would like to achieve, it stands to reason that there would be different types of planners as well. Knowing what they are will help guarantee that you are able to create the one that’s most suited to your needs.
- Schedule Planner
- Productivity Planner
- Sales Planner
- Financial Planner
- Personalized Planner
- Budget Planner
- Marketing Planner
- Academic Planner
So with that, here are a few examples:
If you would like to learn more about the different types of planners that you can create, or if you want to learn about other types of documents, then you simply need to go through our site until you are able to get all of the information that you need.
Should I bring a physical or digital copy of my planner?
While it’s obvious that the more convenient of the two would be the digital copy, it is always best that you bring both wherever you go. This is because you will never know when a situation may arise where you won’t be able to access your digital copy. Having a physical copy of your planner as a backup will definitely be useful and it will allow you to prepare for the worst.
How can I easily make one?
The easiest known method of making a planner, or just about any document for that matter, is by using a template. All you have to do is to download the template that you want to use, open it with the appropriate program, and then make whatever changes you think are necessary. If you like, you can choose to use any of the templates that are available in this article.
So long as you follow the information that is presented in this article, then you should be able to come up with an effective and proper planner.