Creating a lesson plan for preschoolers can be both an exciting and challenging endeavor. There is a need to consider the individual and collective capacities of the students and how fast they can comprehend and respond to a variety of lessons. For teachers, lesson plans provide direction and also serve as a tool for them to effectively convey their lessons in the same way that business plans guide the operation of business transactions.
The collection of lesson plan templates can give you ideas and insights on how lesson plans are customized to suit the needs of preschoolers. Like marketing plans that provide marketing strategies, your lesson plan must be full of learning approaches and activities.
Free Preschool Lesson Plan Template
Blank Preschool Lesson Plan
Weekly Preschool Lesson Plan
Daily Preschool Lesson Plan
Preschool Monthly Lesson Plan
Making a Preschool Lesson Plan
Creating a lesson plan is like establishing a sales plan template or a simple marketing plan template. Your students are your customers and your activities are your ways of promoting or teaching a particular field or subject matter.
Because children’s attention is not that easy to get, you should ensure that your lesson plan can creatively overcome this challenge. Here are simple steps that you may consider:
- Evaluate your students’ capacities. Before making your lesson, it is a good practice that you conduct assessment activities to have a clear grasp of your students’ level of knowledge and also their preferences. Free plan templates showcase a variety of assessment strategies that you may learn from.
- Come up with a schedule of activities. As much as possible, focus more on participatory activities that are engaging and interactive. Children are usually attracted to visuals and movements. In line with this, you can create a calendar to map out your plans.
- List down your desired outcomes. Aside from the objectives, you should provide a desired result that should correspond to a particular lesson objectives. In line with this, there are lesson plan templates in Word that provide pre-formatted lesson plan matrices that you can refer to.
Preschool Lesson Plan for Students with Special Needs
Preschool Music Lesson Plan
Simple Preschool Lesson Plan
Basic Preschool Lesson Plan
Tips in Creating Preschool Lesson Plans
Preschool is one of those educational stages that are considered critical for the children and the teachers. It forms part of the child’s formative years. For teachers, proper planning is needed so that students can comprehend easily the subject matter of the lesson. Aside from the preschool lesson plan templates, here are some tips that you may consider:
- Come up with a conceptual map. Before writing the dynamics of the lesson, you should formulate and think about the process. Conceptual maps are great tools in outlining the relationship between concepts and principles. Most plan templates in PDF contain concept maps or even timelines to ensure the cohesiveness of the lesson.\
- Come up with a list of materials. Prepare beforehand the needed materials for the lesson. One way of ensuring that you don’t miss any important matter is by including them in your lesson plan.
- Come up with a monthly theme. To spice things up, you may choose a theme that will be observed in a particular week or month. You can use popular Disney characters and other children-related themes to encourage your students to participate in class.