A strategic plan is a tool used by businesses in their planning processes. Strategic plan helps in ensuring that a company has a corporate direction by defining the strategies that can affect the decision-making of the management, which can also affect the operations of the business. Strategic plan samples may be applied in the entirety of the organization or it can also be used by specific departments for the daily operations.
95+ FREE PLAN Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Google Docs, Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Apple (MAC) Numbers, Microsoft Publisher
Strategic Plan Template
Personal Strategic Plan Template
Printable Strategic Plan Template
Procurement Strategic Plan Template
Quality Strategy Plan Template
Design Strategic Plan Template
Marketing Strategy Plan Template
We have collected a number of strategic plan templates and samples that you may use as references in creating your company’s or department’s own strategic plan document. Choose the appropriate strategic plan format to follow in the selection that we have enlisted depending on the needs of the organization where you are currently in.
Social Media Strategy Plan Example
Sample Strategic Marketing Plan
Internal Audit Strategic Plan Template
HR Strategic Plans
HR Department Strategic Plan
HR Strategic Business Plan
HR Annual Strategic Plan
Information Technology Strategic Plans
Information Technology Department Strategic Plan
Information Technology Security Strategic Plan
Health Information Technology Strategic Plan
School Strategic Plans
Primary School Strategic Plan
School Board Strategic Plan
School Strategic Development Plan
School Strategic Marketing Plan
Non-Profit Strategic Plans
Non-Profit Organization Strategic Plan
Non-Profit Fundraising Strategic Plan
Non-Profit Strategic Communication Plan
Personal Strategic Plans
Personal Life Strategic Plan
Personal Career Strategic Plan
Personal Development Strategic Plan
How to Create an Effective Strategic Plan
Though there are different ways on how you can curate an efficient,comprehensive, and usable strategic plan; there are some basics that you always need to be aware of.
A simple guide on how you can create an effective strategic plan are as follows:
- Assess the current situation and condition of the business. It is very important for you to be aware of the things that the business currently faces as it can help you create a call to action that can contribute to the continuous improvement of the business operations. Determining where the business currently stands can be about the internal factors of the establishment or it can also be the status of the business in the industry especially in comparison to its competitors.
- Capitalize on the strengths of the business. Since you are already aware of the strengths of the business, you need to be able to create the proper placement of your competencies so that they will be efficiently used and maximized. It is very important for you to identify your strengths and use it for your advantage at the proper time. More so, you need to be realistic with what you think is already in the company and you should make certain that your assessment are all based on facts and figures.
- Create goals and objectives. As a business, your strategic plan must contain the items that your company values. You always need to remind yourself that a strategic plan is created so you can identify the things that are important to the business and its stakeholders. Once you have already created corporate goals and objectives, it will be easy for you to have a path to follow to achieve the full implementation of the strategic plan that you have created.
- Set the direction of the company. Once you are already aware of the goals and objectives of the company, make sure that you will include items for execution in your strategic plan. You should be able to directly create a long term directive that can set your business apart from its competitors. More so, your company’s vision and mission should also be considered when creating the business direction where you would like to go.
- Allocate tasks and accountability. For the strategic plan to be effective, you need to designate tasks to different stakeholders that are essential parts of the strategies and plans that you would like to execute. It is important to define the entities who are accountable or responsible for the implementation of particular items included in the strategic plan.
- Define the factors that will be handled by the people who will execute the strategic plan. Create a list of your strategies, budget allocation, action plan, workforce designation, and all the items that need to be looked at to ensure the fluid continuity of the strategic plan.
- Analyze the phases of the strategic plan execution. Just because you are already done in creating a strategic plan does not mean that you do not need to look at its actual implementation anymore. You must assess the effectiveness of the phases involved in the strategic plan especially the action items that you have written. Remember that trends change over time. Hence, you need to make sure that your strategic plan template is resilient enough so you can still achieve the goals that you would like to have for the business.
Marketing Strategic Plans
Marketing Department Strategic Plan
Marketing Advertising Strategic Plan
Marketing Strategic Action Plan
Business Strategic Plans
Small Business Strategic Plan
Business Development Strategic Plan
Business Strategic Growth Plan
Strategic Action Plans
Strategic Management Action Plan
Strategic Sales Action Plan
Strategic Marketing Action Plan
Strategic Communication Plans
Strategic Marketing Communication Plan
Strategic Corporate Communication Plan
Strategic Communication Action Plan
Strategic Internal Communication Plan
Things to Remember in Creating a Strategic Plan
May it be a school strategic plan or a non-profit strategic plan, a strategic plan document will only work properly if the entity is honest enough to put all the items that are based on reality, whether it reflects something that is good or bad in relation to their operations. A few items that you need to remember when you are creating the company’s strategic plan are as follows:
- Conduct audits and researches. In relation to how you can assess the condition of the business, which is a part of the steps that you need to follow in creating a strategic plan, you must remember that your company is not based on how you visualize yourself but on how other people, especially your customers perceive the business. You must be able to get accurate and precise information through the usage of different research processes that can help you analyze the business environment, your competitors, your current market, the market that you would like to penetrate, and how your offerings play up in the market place.
- Capitalize on the strengths of the business. Since you are already aware of the strengths of the business once your audits and researchers are done, you need to create the proper placement of your competencies so they will be efficiently used and maximized. It is very important for you to identify your strengths and use it for your advantage at the proper time. More so, you need to be realistic with what you think is already in the company and ascertain that all your assessment are based on facts and figures.
- Identify where the business would like to be at. Again, your vision, mission, goals and objectives should be able to have an organized listing within the strategic plan so you can identify the things that the company would like to achieve as a corporate whole. Focus on significant issues that are needed to be addressed and work on the items that have been set for improvement and development. Think of the entirety of the business when looking at the achievement being targeted.
- Focus on the implementation of the strategic plan. The importance of a time-bound and realistic strategic plan is that it is easier to implement and is achievable. You do not want to create a plan that will remain as a plan. This is the reason why you should always assess the items that are involved in the transaction so you can easily put them into practice. More so, considering the ability of the people involved in the creation and implementation of the strategic plan will retain the effectiveness of the document all throughout the processes involved in the transaction.
Strategic Account Plans
Strategic Sales Account Plan
Strategic Account Management Plan
Strategic Life Plan
Strategic Personal Life Plan
Strategic Implementation Plans
Strategic Management Implementation Plan
Strategic Sourcing Implementation Plan
Strategic Implementation Business Plan
Strategic Plan Outlines
Strategic Marketing Plan Outline
Strategic Diversity Plan Outline
Strategic Sales Plan Outline
Company Strategic Plans
Company 5 Year Strategic Plan
Insurance Company Strategic Plan
Nature of a Strategic Plan
Always remember that planning the strategies of your business is essential so you can be ready to deal with whatever situations might come your way during operations.Do not be afraid to execute the entire creation process of a strategic business plan.
Strategic planning might be hard to look at and think of, especially during the initial processes of the document creation but you can always work on segments depending on the phase where you already are.
A few characteristics of a strategic plan include the following:
- Strategic plans allow the assessment of the things that the business could achieve and find ways on how the business can go to the place where it would like to be. Creating a strategic plan contains a step-by-step process that can be followed by all the people who can contribute to the achievement of the strategic plan content.
- Strategic plans allow the business to properly allocate its resources, which includes money, time, workforce, and anything that they can use for the development of the business through the entirety of the strategic planning process. Properly using these items can help a company to be efficient in terms of getting the things that they would like to get.
- Strategic plans help businesses keep their goals on track. Once your business already has a strategic plan, it will be easier for you to decide on things about the business operations. Setting the place where you would like the business to be helps a lot in determining the steps that you need to take so you can be there.
- Strategic plans define the strategy of the business to assure that the direction where the company would like to go is properly set. It is not only the direction of the business that you need to consider in creating a strategic plan, you also need to list down the things that can help you to achieve the corporate goals of the business and how you can maneuver should unexpected things occur.
All in all, a strategic plan is used by the business to set its corporate goals, to identify workable objectives, determine the actions of the business based on its mission and vision, mobilize resources, and achieve the corporate goals that it has initially set.