Presenting a timeline for a company is a very serious task and it shouldn’t be taken lightly. If you get assigned to the task, you should definitely take your time to study PowerPoint uses and about the topic you’ll be reporting. You might want to make a couple of drafts and PowerPoint templates as well.
Coming up with an effective timeline PowerPoint is going to be one of the most important presentations you’ll be handling, which is the reason we have placed this list of professional templates at your disposal. They also come with a guide to help you deal with processes from PowerPoint creation to PowerPoint saving.
47+ Timeline Templates - Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), Google Docs, Apple (MAC) Pages - START DOWNLOADING
Project PowerPoint Template
How Do You Create a Timeline in PowerPoint?
Since you’ll be using PowerPoint for your presentation, you need to know how to use the software itself. Especially the part about making a timeline with it. There are some free PowerPoint templates and high-quality PowerPoint templates as well, but they’d be rendered useless if you don’t know how to create a timeline. To make one, you need to:
- Click SmartArt.
- Inside the gallery of SmartArt Graphic, click Process, then press the left click twice, while hovering the mouse cursor over a timeline layout.
- Click Text and begin typing, or pasting, the text in the SmartArt.
How to Create Sliding Timeline Graphics in PowerPoint
Creating a timeline in PowerPoint is one thing. Creating a sliding timeline graphics is another. However, still images doesn’t really provide much interest. Of course, you should use professional PowerPoint template. But it’s much fun if you use some cool PowerPoint templates. Here’s how to make one:
- Right-click on SmartArt and select Convert to Shapes.
- Click the border of Group and choose Ungroup.
- Apply Wipe animation to each individual form. The effect options provide the From Left, horizontal slides, and From Top, for bullets.
- Go to Insert, then Shapes, and then Action Buttons, to make an action button.
Work plan PowerPoint
Ultimate Tips for Timeline PowerPoint
Getting additional tips never hurts anybody and it’s also a pretty good decision to get some. You can never get too much when it comes to tips. It’s just the same as animated PowerPoint templates, you never get enough of them because they just look so cool and amazing. Don’t forget to use these tips wisely and to your advantage as well:
- Know the basics. There’s no master in the world who did not first master the basics of something. Master the base first and the rest will follow.
- Add transitions. Utilize the power and effects of transitions.
- Insert text animation. Don’t underestimate the power of text animations. Put some emphasis on it and make it captivating.
- Keep it simple. It’s true that cool effects is needed, but your message will be delivered more effectively with the use of simple animations.
- Master the context of your presentation. Context is everything and one wrong slip here can make the slide topple down. You need to master the context as well and make it perfect.
Also, you can check out some PowerPoint templates in PPT for additional design reference. Always keep these tips in mind and apply them in practice as much as possible.