10+ Presentation Templates in Keynote
Every day, thousands (or even millions) of people suffer from anxiety and panic attacks just before they go up on a stage to deliver a speech, orate, or present a report in class. But, at the same time, thousands still manage to face their fears and successfully deliver speeches, voice their cause, or just speak up. How did they do this, you may ask.
In this article, we provide one answer to that question. And that is through a combination of material mastery and good presentation designs. We do not have a panacea for stage fright. Instead, we offer you a crutch that can guide in the abyss that is the front of a stage.
Read on to learn more about designing effective presentations and to see multiple examples of different presentation templates.
Elements of A Good Presentation Design
A presentation can be any process that allows a person to introduce information, express feelings or beliefs, and then convince, encourage, enlighten, or even trigger someone’s reaction. It can come in the form of lectures, seminars, speeches, or simple talks.
However, learning everything you can about your presentation topic or material and knowing (or scripting) what to say is half the battle. You need to combine this level of mastery with an effective presentation slideshow or visual aid.
And to help you achieve that, we are sharing the top elements that make an effective presentation design. Study and make sure that your presentation slideshows embody all these characteristics. Are you ready to learn how to create cool presentation designs?
1. Content Relevance: Perhaps the most important element of any slideshow presentation is its content. Make sure that you only include relevant and accurate content. Relevant content also means that you should be as clear and concise when adding text in your presentation slides. Avoid walls of text. For example, if you are giving a business presentation at your local Chamber of Commerce, do not include personal stories unrelated to your topic.
2. Typography Design: Good typography design is very important when making effective presentations. Choose any font style belonging to the sans serif font family as they make any text more readable. Good examples are Arial and Helvetica. Also, consider your font colors and font sizes. Light text against dark backgrounds or vice versa and font size 40 or bigger works best.
3. Color Choice: As briefly discussed earlier, contrasting colors increases text readability. Choose your background colors carefully and make sure that they render well on your projector screens. Use the same color scheme in all your slides. Check a color chart first to determine the compatibility of your preferred colors.
4. High-Quality Images: A good presentation is one that uses high-quality images, illustrations, charts, or artwork. Slides full of text and bullet points can easily get boring. Spice up your presentation with the right images relevant to the topic you are talking about. Do not forget to include labels or caption on each image that you include.
5. Uniform Template Design: Another important slideshow characteristic is sticking to the same template design for the entirety of the presentation. This helps your audience focus on the content of your visual aid and on what you are saying. You may try out any of the free presentation templates included in this article to get a feel on how uniform slideshow designs can help your overall presentation.
Now that you know all the key elements in making a presentation template, start practicing and crafting your own slideshow designs. Remember, practice makes perfect.
10+ Presentation Templates in Keynote
As promised, we showcase both free and premium presentation templates in the Keynote file format below. These templates are fully editable and compatible with MS PowerPoint to make it easier for you to customize them if you do not have a Mac or an iPhone.
Makeup Artist Presentation Template
SEO Presentation Template
Advertising Agency Presentation Template
Available File Formats
Cool Powerpoint Presentation Template
Creative Powerpoint Presentation Template
Family Tree Presentation Template
Gantt Chart Presentation Template
Jeopardy Presentation Example
Medical Presentation Template
Music Presentation Example
Wedding Presentation Template
More Tips for an Excellent Presentation Design
Keeping all the essential elements of presentation design in mind, you can already come up with good presentation designs. But to create event more excellent slideshows, you need to learn a few more tricks up your sleeve. Shared below are bite-sized tips on making excellent presentation slideshow designs.
1. Use minimal slide transition effects.
2. Just avoid sound effects.
3. Time your presentation for 17 to 20 minutes or less. That is equivalent to about one slide per minute.
4. Embed non-standard font styles into the presentation file. This ensures that they render well on whatever computer or device you use to project them.
5. Download and use a pre-made presentation keynote template.
6. Integrate data visualization tools graphs, flow charts, pie charts, etc.
7. Use bullet points. They make content easier to read and remember.
8. Use simple and short phrases or sentences.
9. Avoid using images as slide backgrounds. They make text appear unreadable.
10. Have a Plan B in case your presentation file gets lost, damaged, or if there is no projector available.
11. Your presentation slideshow is for your audience. Communicate with them.
12. Practice delivering your presentation.
Types of Presentations
Listed below are different types of slideshows according to the main purpose of the presentation.
- Advertising Presentations
- Business Presentations
- Science Presentations
- Education Presentations
- Medical Presentations
- Wedding Presentations
- Pitch Deck Presentations
Keynote Presentation Sizes
Keynote presentations follow the default widescreen format. Listed below are the specifications for each presentation slide:
- 16:9 aspect ratio
- 1280 px by 720 px resolution, or
- 1920 px by 1080 px resolution
Presentation Template FAQs
What is a presentation template in Keynote?
A presentation template is a pre-built file that contains all the necessary text, image, placeholders, illustrations, layout, font, formatting, and other graphic design elements needed for making presentation slides. Keynote is a presentation software application available through Apple’s iWorks productivity suite. To create or edit a Keynote template, you will need to have an iPad, iPhone, or Mac computer.
What is the difference between Keynote and PowerPoint?
Apple’s Keynote and Microsoft PowerPoint both are presentation software applications. This means that you can create animated slideshows and format them according to your preferences. Their main difference is on what type of machine they run on. Keynote works best on macOS and iOS devices while PowerPoint works best on Windows-based devices.
What is the recommended length of a presentation?
An adult human has an average attention span of twenty minutes. That is why it is recommended to create presentations within that timeframe or less. You may also follow the TedTalk standard which is 17 minutes.
With the help of all the presentation design tips and examples shared above, we hope that you have grown more confident in creating and delivering your own presentations. Master your presentation material but do not depend on it. Also, enjoy the entire process!
For more free and premium presentation templates like the ones we have shared above, check out the rest of our website.