10+ Presentation Templates in PPT
Have you ever seen a TedTalk? Did you notice how each speech was complimented with an appropriately designed visual aid? So, if you wish to recreate these presentation designs for your own lectures, seminars, reports, or speeches, then this article is for you.
Here, we will share multiple examples of presentation templates in PowerPoint file format. More tips on how to craft and/or choose an effective presentation template are also shared below. Continue reading and you will discover design hacks and tips on how to improve your own presentation visual tools.
Elements of A Good Presentation Template
TedTalks have become a gold standard when it comes to public presentations. So if you wish to make your own presentations as good as a TedTalk, we are sharing five core design qualities that can readily transform your visual aids.
It doesn’t matter whether you are preparing for a class lecture or a business presentation. By studying and integrating all these elements, you will create better PowerPoint presentation slides that hook, persuade, and even inspire your intended audience.
1. Uniform Slide Format: A uniform slide format makes for an easier reading experience and quicker comprehension time for your audience. Using the same formatting style, for example, lets an audience know what to expect for each slide’s content during the entire presentation.
2. Attractive Color Scheme: The right color/s on your modern presentation slides help add impact, create emotion, or set the tone of your message, content, or topic. You may use one color combination for all your slides or customize each slide according to the effect you wish to elicit as you go on with your presentation.
3. Simplified yet Relevant Content: Perhaps the most important element of an effective and cool PowerPoint presentation is the inclusion of a simplified yet relevant content. Tailor-fit your slideshow design according to the content or topic of your speech, report, or lecture. Also, remember that your slideshow should only contain a simplified version of your content. It is up to you (the speaker) to expound and elaborate on this message.
4. High-Quality Images: Another important element that makes a good presentation design is the use of high-quality images or graphic elements. Remember, presentation slideshows are projected to large screens. You need to use images in higher resolutions for them to render well on different display sizes.
5. Consistent Typography Design: Readability is very important when making presentation designs—whether you are making formal business presentations or informal wedding slideshows. To create a readable presentation design, make sure to choose clean and bold font styles. Also, make sure that you use 30-point font sizes or bigger as they are easier to read from afar.
Combine all these qualities or elements and you will have a good presentation design. Also, keep on practicing your speech, lecture, or report while using your presentation slideshow to familiarize yourself with your own visual tools.
10+ Presentation Templates in PPT
Take a look and be inspired by each presentation template design below. These pre-made templates are available in both MS PowerPoint and Keynote file formats. Get the right software installed before downloading the template of your choice.
SEO Presentation Template
Makeup Artist Presentation Example
Wedding Powerpoint Presentation Example
Music Powerpoint Presentation Sample
Medical Presentation Template
Army Powerpoint Presentation Template
Gantt Chart Powerpoint Presentation
Family Tree Powerpoint Presentation
Creative Powerpoint Presentation Example
Cool Powerpoint Presentation Template
How to Create an Excellent PowerPoint Presentation
Sometimes, confidence is not enough to win over an audience. You also need the right set of tools to further capture their attention and hook their brains into thinking that you really know what you are talking about as a speaker, lecturer, or presenter.
Shared below is a step by step guide on how to create a PowerPoint presentation slideshow. This is a tool that you can use to add that extra oomph to the presentation you are giving. Ready? Here are the steps:
1. Determine what type of slideshow presentation you need to create based on the content or purpose of your speech or lecture.
2. Write down all the key points of your presentation. Save this in a NotePad file.
3. Download the best PowerPoint presentation design that suits your personal or professional needs. You may choose any of the free and premium graphic templates included in this article.
4. Open Microsoft PowerPoint or other compatible presentation software programs.
5. Start customizing the blank template file.
6. Do not forget to add your own branding elements like logo design or watermark.
7. Once you are satisfied with the presentation design, let another person proofread the presentation file.
8. Conduct a test run of the presentation.
9. Make any changes to the template design, if necessary.
10. Save the final PowerPoint presentation design on your computer or on a flash drive.
11. Get ready for your presentation!
Types of Presentation Templates
PowerPoint presentation templates may be categorized according to the purpose of the presentation. Written below are a few examples of these presentation templates.
- Advertising Presentations
- Business Presentations
- Education Presentations
- Pitch Deck Presentations
- Science Presentations
- Wedding Presentations
PowerPoint Presentation Template Sizes
Microsoft PowerPoint slides follow the default 16:9 aspect ratio or the widescreen setting. But depending on the type of presentation and your preference, you may change the template size into other predefined sizes. You may choose among the following:
- Standard (4:3 aspect ratio) or Widescreen (16:9) setting
- 35 mm slides
- A3 Paper (297 by 420 mm)
- A4 Paper (210 by 297 mm)
- B4 (ISO) Paper (250 by 353mm)
- B5 (ISO) Paper (176 by 250mm)
- Banner (8 inches by 1 inch)
- Ledger Paper (11 by 17 in)
- Letter Paper (8.5 by 11 in)
- On-screen Show (16:10 aspect ratio)
- On-screen Show (16:9 aspect ratio)
- On-screen Show (4:3 aspect ratio)
- Overhead (13.33 inches by 7.5 inches)
Presentation Template FAQs
What is the difference between a presentation template in Keynote and a presentation template in PowerPoint?
The main difference between these two types of presentation templates is the software program used to create them. A presentation template in Keynote is created and is editable using Apple Keynote while a presentation template in PowerPoint is created and is editable using Microsoft PowerPoint.
Aside from PowerPoint and Keynote, what other software can I use to create presentation slides?
To create your own presentation slides and visual aids, you may use other software programs like Google Slides, Prezi, Canva, and Emaze. Other graphic design software like Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator can also be used to create formatted slide designs.
How long should a PowerPoint slideshow presentation be?
PowerPoint slideshow (or other kinds of presentations) are best used as tools that help you deliver your content or message. Therefore, they should not be everything that you rely on for a speech, presentation, or report. The best PowerPoint presentations are those that take less than twenty minutes (or preferably 17 minutes or less, just like a real TedTalk) and are composed of ten slides or less.
With all the countless best practice tips and free PowerPoint slideshow presentation template files shared above, we hope that we have equipped you with the right set of tools to ace that presentation. Keep on practicing until you finally get the right combination of content mastery and slideshow presentation finesse.
To see more examples of business document templates, check out the rest of our website.