Before the official commencement and execution of a project contract, project quotations are submitted to your client for their approval. A well-written project quotation can be the foundation of a successful implementation of a project. It can also bring about more clients on the project contractors’ end.
In line with this, project quotation formats can help you enrich the quality of your project quotations. They will showcase a breakdown of essential components and some effective tips to make your quotation irresistible, comprehensive, and professional. To add, the templates are of high quality and easy to customize to suit the kind of data you’re managing.
Software Project Quotation Template
Quotation Request for Construction
Engineering Project Request
Inclusions of a Project Quotation
Quotation example provide businesses with a clear picture pertaining to the dynamics of project quotes. But you have to take note that each project has its own identity and peculiarities. There are cases that unique sections are added to quotes. For the commonly used inclusions, refer to the following:
- Charges for the offered services and labor – In your quote, you need to provide a detailed breakdown as to how that particular finalized cost came to be. You can enumerate certain factors, such as the prices of the raw materials, labor costs, research and development charges, taxes, and other relevant fees.
- Specific enumeration of services – In a project, there are certain phases that must be completed to achieve the end goal. You can also create a substantial list of required and proposed services or work in order to meet the agreed schedule or project deadline.
- Terms and conditions – The rationale behind the making of quotations are not solely for profit. The terms and conditions provided will also protect, guide, and direct the implementation of the project. Upon the express approval of the client, the actions of the parties will be guided by the terms and conditions.
Quotation for Project Management
Interior Design Project Quotation
Common Mistakes in Writing Project Quotations
It is a given fact that projects are costly. Investors and project proponents are keen in checking and ensuring that their investments and resources would not be wasted. Project quotations are one way of laying all your cards in the table and explaining to the client that they can trust you because of the quality of services and labor that you can provide. However, there are common mistakes committed by project proponents in writing project quotations such as the following:
- Ignoring the preferences of the client – In making the project quotations, you need to consider the interests of the client because in the end of the day, quotations are made to promote and get their approval.
- Unprofessional quote format and structure – Your project quotation must be professional both in terms of content and structure. The structure must be systematic, logical, and clear. It should be printed in a clean and high quality paper. Furthermore, you should proofread the content of your quotation to correct grammar mistakes.
- Improperly quoting the services. Quote the services accordingly. You need to consider the logistics, the human and material resources needed, the schedule, and other relevant aspects.