There is no doubt that a well-written and convincing proposal can open doors of opportunities. Technically speaking, there are a number of definitions attached to the concept of proposals. In terms of composition writing, proposals are documents that offer recommendations and action plans to solve a meet a particular need or solve a dilemma
A proposal can also refer to a business document that aims to persuade business authorities for the latter to approve their plans that can refer to projects, proposed business venture or business strategy, and many more. If you’re planning to write a proposal, you can refer to the following proposal formats that you may download and use.
Business Proposal Templates
Business Plan Proposal
Proposal for Business Partnership
Sample Business Proposal
Points to Consider in Planning the Proposal Format
A good proposal format is a product of careful, extensive, and holistic planning approaches. In line with this, here are some points that you need to consider in planning a proposal:
- Audience – You have to know to whom you’ll be presenting the proposal. Who are the panelists? What are their preferences? Are they experts of the subject matter of their proposal? What do you think is the most effective way of winning their approval?
- Context – You have to substantiate the context of your proposal. The issues that will be tackled by the proposal must be introduced by the context of your proposal.
- Approaches – You have to research about certain persuasive approaches that can advance the objectives and goals of your proposal. To add, you can also research proposal strategies and techniques which are mostly provided by free proposal templates.
- Initial Draft – Draft the points that you think are critical to your proposal. Ensure that the needed details are provided. In terms of format, you don’t really need to worry about it because this is still an initial draft. Bear in mind that proposals are products of a series of deliberations and consultations.
Research Proposal Templates
Proposal for Marketing Research
PhD Research Proposal
Research Paper Proposal
Project Proposal Templates
Proposal for Project Sample
Project Proposal Example
Free Proposal for Project
Event Proposal Templates
Proposal for Event Sample
New Event Proposal
Proposal for Event Sponsorship
Fundraising Event Proposal
Relevant Sections of a Proposal
There are cases that certain formatting preferences for a proposal are given beforehand to the proponents before they make a proposal. In the absence of a prescribed format, you can use the standards and relevant sections of a proposal that are mostly seen in proposal templates such as the following:
- Title page – This is also referred to as the cover page. In here you need to provide the details of the proponents such as the name of organization, the contact details, name of the organization to which the proposal is intended or will be presented, the needed signatures and many more.
- Abstract – This part of the proposal should be concise and should not be more than one page. The abstract will set the mood of the proposal emphasizing the significance of the proposal, objectives, the approaches applied, and many more. For some people, they prefer to write the abstract last so that they can have a holistic overview of how the proposal came to be.
- Statement of Needs – This is also referred to as the thesis statement. Most proposal templates provide examples on how thesis statements are crafted. The significance of the objective of the proposal must be emphasized.
- Objectives – Outline the objectives of the proposal which should be realistic and doable. Objectives must be specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely.
- Main plan of the proposal – This is where you will enumeration the stages, processes, activities, and other plan of actions. For this section, the activities must be in accord with the goals and objectives of the proposal.
- Budget – For budget proposal template and business proposal formats, for instance, budget plays a key role. This is where the you will provide your funding mechanisms and strategies, what resources will you need and the corresponding costs. A detailed budget is preferred.
- Other important matters – Depending on the type of proposal you’re working on, you can still add unique and necessary sections.
Thesis Proposal Templates
Master Thesis Proposal
Thesis Proposal Example
Blank Proposal for Thesis
Budget Proposal Templates
Proposal for Budget Research Grant
Sports Budget Proposal
Dissertation Proposal Samples
Sample Proposal for Dissertation
Dissertation Degree Proposal
Blank Proposal for Dissertation
Common Types of Proposal Templates
As you may observe, we offer a variety of proposal formats with respect to the usage of the proposal. Let’s get to know some of the common types of proposal template.
- Training Proposal Templates – For those institutions and organizations that offer training services, these proposal templates are ideal for you. The training sessions and activities provided must be systematically and logically emphasized in the proposal.
- Marketing Proposal Templates – As an advertiser and marketer, your proposal must showcase your marketing style and personality. The way you promote and convince customers to buy your products must be at par with your approach in writing your proposal.
- Investment Proposal Template – Entrepreneurs are expected to submit investment proposals that are of high quality. Your investment proposal must be comprehensive. Bear in mind that investment proposals aim to motivate and encourage clients to engage and enter into a mutually beneficial business relationship with the proposing firm.
- Technical Proposal Template – A technical proposal is considered as a document that defines the technical features of a certain contract or project. Furthermore, the proposal should contain suggested ways on how to manage such technicalities.
Formal Proposal Template
Proposal for Formal Bid
Investment Proposal Templates
Real Estate Investment Proposal
Proposal for Investment Example
Proposal for Investment Sample
Marketing Proposal Samples
Social Media Marketing Proposal
Proposal of Marketing Strategy
Marketing Proposal Sample
Sales Proposal Templates
Sales Tax Proposal
Proposal for Sales Example
Technical Proposal Samples
Technical Proposal Example
Technical Proposal Sample
Vendor Proposal Templates
Vendor Request for Proposal
Request for Vendor Proposal Example
What Are Some Reasons Why Proposal Formats Fail?
Not all proposals fortunately get a big “Yes” from clients. That is why, proponents of proposals must be keen in writing and formatting their proposal. To help you, you have to know some of the common reasons why proposals fail. Consider the following:
- Proposals that lack enthusiasm – According to Purdue Online Writing Lab, proposals that do not convey the enthusiasm, commitment and dedication of the proponents are not favored by those who evaluates them. One should not write a last minute proposal because it will surely show on the face of the proposal.
- Proposals that lack extensive research – Regarding of the nature and type of proposal may it be a sales proposal template and funding proposal templates, research is a fundamental thing that you should do. Research can open your minds to new trends and updates in writing proposals. It is also a way for you to better familiarize the subject matter of the proposal.
- Poorly-written proposal – In writing a proposal, you should consider all factors. You should proofread it multiple times, check if you’re using a positive and comprehensible language, and of course the format must be formal.
The success of your business depends on the success of your proposals. Make sure that you present your ideas, products or services in the best light possible.