In most businesses, especially those that are related to the field of construction, a quotation documents are essential to ensure that companies or any other business establishments can provide an initial documentation of the things that they can provide to their customer. A quotation format should be like an excerpt or a precise outline which gives citation to the minimum services that a company offers based on the needs of clients and the business’ regular pricing.
A quotation creating a great and positive impact to prospective clients can give the business more chances of having a transaction push through. Thus, businesses should make sure that their quotation formats are professionally crafted and competitive enough to immerse from its competitors. Use our quotation templates in DOC for references in making this document.
Basic Quotation Template in Pages
Price Quotation Template in Word
Inquiry About Last Quotation Download
Printable Service Quotation Template
Construction Quotation Templates
Small Construction Project
Request for Quotation Construction Project
Building Construction Quotation Format
Export Quotations in Doc
Formal Export Quotation Format
Export Transport Logistics
How to Format a Quotation to Get the Client’s Attention
Formatting a quotation appropriately can provide a lot of benefits to the business. Though using a quotation template is highly advisable, you can also format a quotation that is appealing to the customers by following these steps:
- Professionally curate the header of the business and place it on top of the document. This part should include:
- The business name
- The business logo, if there’s any
- The location of the business
- The contact number of the establishment
- After formatting the header, list down the information of the client and the transaction details including the following:
- The name of the client
- The address of the client
- The title of the project or purchase where the quotation will be used
- The date when the quotation has been made
- Specify the terms and conditions of the quotation including its validity, scopes, and limitations.
- Once all the above mentioned items has been specified, create a price quote template where you will put the following details:
- The description of the specific items that the client would like to acquire
- The number of pieces per item that the client needs or the quantity of each purchase
- The individual prices of the materials present in the quotation
- The sub-total of each item grouping
- The total amount that the client needs to pay
- State the name of the person who made the quotation and place his / her signature at the bottom part of the document.
- Create a space for the name and signature of the client which shall be filled by the client once the quotation has already been approved.
Hotel Quotation Formats
Request for Quotation
Hotel Management System
Tips for Writing a Unique Quotation Format
The quotation that you will present to your clients is a part of your company’s branding. Some of the tips that you may follow in writing a unique quotation format are as follows:
- Make sure that the format of your quotation header is original. It will be best if you will let your quotation header reflect the kind of business operations that you have which the clients can associate to your products and/or services.
- The quote template that you will use in creating your own quotation should be aligned with the items that you offer to your clients. Having a unique quotation design should be based on your company’s services and nature of customer transactions.
What Is a Quotation Comparison Format?
Clients tend to ask for quotations from different companies for a specific project. Using a quotation comparison format allows the clients to make sure that they have the best option at hand when choosing the company to provide them with particular purchase. A quotation comparison format can be defined as follows: You may also check out Business Quotation Templates.
- It is the evaluation of the quotations given by different companies to a single client.
- A quotation comparison format is used to identify which of the quotations submitted to clients is mostly relevant to the customers’ needs in terms of:
- Value for money
- Quotation inclusion
- This document serves as the comparison of the offers of businesses for an initial transaction.
Annual Maintenance Contract
Website Development & Maintenance
Price Quotation Formats
Request for Quotation
Types of Quotation Formats
There are various types of quotation formats that are usable in different acquisitions and business-client transactions. Some of the quotation formats which you may download in this post are as follows:
- A repair quotation is used by businesses whose main line of service offerings is related to repair and maintenance works.
- Price quotations are commonly used in merchandising and wholesale/retail transactions. Price quotation templates are used by different industries and their differences in terms of format vary on the products and/or services of the business which uses the document.
- A work quotation is used by companies who need contractual workers. It can also be a quotation presented by a manpower agency to its clients who need a particular number of workforce for a certain project.
- Service quotations are created to list down the price of the minimum services that a business can provide to its customers. Some industries who use this type of quotation format includes spas, hotels and resorts, and other businesses within the service and hospitality industry.
When and How to Use a Quotation Format
Since you are already aware of some of the types of quotation formats, here are some guides on how you can use them:
- Browse through other quotation example templates used in the industry where your business belongs so you can assess the appropriate quotation format to use.
- Be specific with the needs of your business in terms of presenting its offerings.
- Base the quotation format that you will use on the products and/or services that your clients need to see within a list.
Repair Quotation Example
Terms and Conditions Present Within a Quotation Format
It is very essential for a quotation format to have a list of the terms and conditions, which all the entities involved in the transaction should follow. The terms and conditions present within a quotation should be precise, short, and direct to the point so it will not occupy a lot of space within a quotation.
Some of the basic terms and conditions that should be present within a free quotation are as follows:
- The statement that it is only the minimum services that are involved in the transaction
- The validity of the quotation content
- The VAT and tax inclusions present in the quotation
- The payment terms and methods that the client should follow
Most terms and conditions listing are written below the client information and before starting the listing of the materials that the business can provide. However, there are also companies who opt to write the terms and conditions on the last part of the document right before the space where the client signs for the approval of the quotation.
Wherever you place the terms and condition in the format that you are creating for the quotation of your business, you need to make sure that you present it in a professional quotation .