When you receive a certain product or some services from other companies or stores, then most likely if you run a company, you would be issuing order receipts in exchange for that item or services as well. Order receipts signifies an item or service received in exchange for monetary value. You may check on Constructive Receipt of Income and Deposit Receipt to broaden your knowledge about receipts.
If you are in the quest of finding the right format of order receipt, then this article will be worthy of your precious time. Feel free to browse each format, and you may download the one that fits your ideal receipt.
45+ Accounting Services Templates in PDF, Word, Excel, PSD, Google Docs, InDesign, Apple Pages, Google Sheets, Publisher, Apple Numbers, Illustrator - START DOWNLOADING
Money Order Receipt Template
What is an Order Receipt?
An order receipt serves as an acknowledgment that a certain good or service has already been transferred from seller to buyer. More often than not, a Receipt Template contains the following significant details:
- Date, as to when the product has been turned over or the services which have already been delivered
- Company name, seller or service provider from which the goods or services have manufactured or originated.
- Products or services that have completed the transaction between two parties involved.
- Amount or the monetary value of the transaction,
- Terms and condition, or contract whose clauses have been agreed by both parties even before the consummation of the transaction.
How to Issue a Receipt for a Purchase Order
A purchase order, which usually goes hand in had with an Invoice Receipt Template, is considered fulfilled once the goods of exact quantities and values have already been received. Whether partial or full receipt, one has to issue a receipt which should contain some important details:
- Date when the transaction transpired
- Amount involved
- Signature of the receiver
- Company name, or the name who has provided the items
- Manner of delivery, whether it is pick-up or via courier or other transport services.
How to Write a Sales Order Receipt?
Sales Order, or SO in short, is usually issued by the seller or trader to a customer or client who has gotten the earlier’s products or services in exchange of money. In return, a customer will issue a sales receipt or a bill of sale to offset the original SO.
Because of the advent of the new technology, the transaction can be done electronically. A number of Blank Receipt Template samples are now available online.
However, regardless of how the form is produced, an SO Receipt should contain some of the following important features which must be filled up correctly:
- Date when the transaction took placed.
- The terms and condition of the sale, including:
- the mode of payment,
- the scope of services,
- the manner of delivery,
- and other factors.
- Company details namely, its physical address, contact details, contact person, and email addresses.
- Series number of the invoice/s used
- Monetary amount or value of the transaction
- Discounts and markdowns, if there are any that was considered during the computation of the overall transaction
- The list of products or services that were exchanged between two parties. Product codes, product description, its respective quantities, unit price, and other details are included.