In most business transactions, receipts are considered essential and important. A receipt is a document that has legal, business, and official connotations. On the part of the business owner, receipts are important as a form of documentation and regulation of ones financial records. On the consumer’s end, asking for a receipt is considered as a right because such document certifies and acknowledges a certain transaction.
94+ FREE RECEIPT Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (Spreadsheets), Apple (MAC) Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI)
In line with this, one must not take for granted the form and structure of a receipt. To help you improvise them, we have here 23+ Receipt templates that can help you enhance the quality of your receipts.
Blank Receipt Templates
Blank Rent Receipt
Sales Receipt Templates
Sales Order Receipt
What Are the Basics in Writing a Receipt?
The world of business transactions can be overwhelming for some. Receipts can help you cope up with such stress because it allows you to monitor your revenue. With that in mind, knowing the basics of writing a receipt can be helpful to you such as the following:
- Provide the purpose of the document. Always indicate the name receipt at the top of the document. This is done in order to prevent confusion.
- Provide the details pertaining to the parties to the transaction. It must include the contact details of the buyer and the seller such as their name, addresses, and contact numbers. Ensure that you don’t include unnecessary or confidential information.
- Provide the transaction details. This is the core of your receipt. Clearly and specifically list identify the name of the items bought or sold, the quantity, the conditions, and the corresponding prices of the items.
- Provide the method of payment. It is essential that the receipt outline the mode of payment made by one contracting party. Are they paying via cash, credit or debit cards, or any other method of payment? If the buyer paid using his or her credit card, you need include the card type, the last four digits, and other relevant information to validate the payment.
- Manner of delivery. You also need to indicate how the product was delivered to the buyer and the condition of the product before delivery.
- Ensure that the receipt is duly signed. The signature of the parties to the transaction must be evident in the receipt to make it legitimate.
These are some points to consider in writing a receipt. Aside from our listed templates here, you can also check out our Dental Receipts, if ever you’re interested.
Payment Receipt Templates
Car Payment Receipt
Cash Receipt Templates
Rent Receipt Templates
Sample Rent Payment
Why Do We Need Receipts?
One may consider receipts as insignificant especially when they generated with a relatively small size. That is a common misconception. However, receipts can bring about an array of security benefits not just for you, as a buyer, but also to the end of business owner. Here are some reasons why they are relevant:
On the perspective of the business owner:
- The business owner can regulate and keep track of the progress of his or her business. Receipts form part of a company’s financial records. You can use it to know how much you’re earning for a certain frequency and what are the ways to improve such sales rate. Aside from this, you’ll be needing your receipts in preparing for your income statement.
- It can help you in identifying and sorting out which part of your what portion of your income are either taxable or nontaxable. Aside from this, it can also help you substantiate your deductible expenses. Tax deductions, on the part of business owners, must be proven by documentary evidences such as receipts.
Why Should Buyers Keep Their Receipts?
On the buyer’s end, keeping and saving receipts is also important. Based on current trends and research, here are some reasons why a receipt must be kept:
- As a proof for reimbursements purposes. For some employees, it is sometimes inevitable to use your own money for company-related purposes. If this happens to you, don’t forget to ask for a receipt for every transaction and present them to your finance officer for reimbursements.
- For refund. In order to have a stress-free exchange and return of products, a receipt is your best friend. It is a legitimate and authorized document that can prove that you made a purchase.
- As a form of evidence. In a legal proceeding, a receipt can be presented as part of the evidence. For instance, you are being sued for a case regarding a collection of a sum of money, and you raised a defense that you already paid your debt. In this case, you can invoke your receipt as proof of payment.These are some benefits of saving receipts official receipts. Speaking of receipts, we also have more receipt formats available to you.
Donation Receipt Templates
Non Profit Donation
Business Receipt Template
Deposit Receipt Templates
Rent Deposit Example
Kinds of Receipts and How They Differ
There are a variety of receipts that one may encounter. As you have observed, the type of receipt vary depending on the purpose of transaction. Here are some of our featured receipt templates:
- Business sales receipt. This is the most common type of receipt that individuals received after purchasing a specified product or buys a certain item. They are relatively small in terms of size. They provide buyers with a simple breakdown of the items they’ve purchased with its corresponding quantity and price.
- Rent receipt. If you are leasing an apartment or a house, you need to ask a rent receipt from your landlord after you make your regular payments. Keeping the receipts can truly help you in case conflicts arise in the future. In line with this, our rent receipt templates are simple and straightforward. All relevant components are included here.
- Cash donation receipt. Even if the act of donating is a gratuitous conduct, it is still advisable for the donor to ask for a receipt as a form of certification and acknowledgement that the desired donee validly received the donated item.
These are some of our featured Printable Receipt Templates. If you’re interested with Hotel Receipts, we also have templates and samples for you.
Goods Receipt Templates
Medical Receipt Templates
Blank Medical Receipt
How to Effectively Manage Your Receipts
After knowing the some essential reasons why receipts are important, you must now look into the manner of storing and managing them. In line with this, you can sort out your receipts.
Check the purpose of each receipt and arrange them into groups. For instance, you can group all sales receipt together or separate the deposit receipts from the service-related ones. In this way, you can properly organize your receipts for easy tracking. Aside from that, you can create your own Excel file outlining all the transactions you’ve made and the corresponding receipt number.
Hence, one should not take for granted the value of receipts. They will come in handy in the near future. Aside from that, you can also resolve potential conflicts by just showing your receipts. Speaking of receipts, we also have more specific receipt templates such as our Electronic Receipts that are well-formatted. Feel free to check them out.