9+ Book Reports – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
A book report is a document made by students of various levels that show how well they understood a book and lets them share their insight and realizations regarding their reading assignment. They can be of different Report Formats depending on the volume of the book to be read or what the teacher requires. These reports can be written in a notebook or a manual.
Below is a collection of different formats that you can download and use for your book report assignments. Most of these formats include a Report Templates so all you have to do is to change some parts or details according to your needs and preferences. Feel free to browse these formats and find what you need.
Book Report Template
Free Book Report Template
College Book Report Format
School Book Format
Funny Book Example
What Is a Book Report?
By definition, a book report is writing exercise usually done by students in schools which discusses the contents of a book as a part of their lesson. Just like the Report Templates on this our website, it usually contains a summary of the narrative of the story and other key elements of the book. It is also called a Book Review and can take on many forms like a sequence of actions, story pyramids or journals, or worksheets and can even include illustrations or dioramas.
What Are the Parts of a Book Report?
Some teachers may require specific formats, but the following parts of a book report are the most common:
- Introduction. This part introduces the book with details such as the title and the author. It also includes the reason why you choose it and what kind of story it is.
- Setting. It answers the question, Where did the story take place? and you should give a description of the place with as many details as possible.
- Characters. A story can’t be a story without characters to provide the actions and move the story forward. Their names and what they look like should be stated.
- Story. The most important part is the narrative of the story telling what happened in the book, which includes the main events and conflicts the characters are trying to solve.
- Conclusion. This is where you sum up your report by giving your conclusion through realizations, lessons learned, and the things you want other people to know about.
If you’re reading a large volume of materials, your teacher may require a Daily Report Template.
Book Sales Report
Book Report Example
Mobile Book Sample
Tips on Writing a Good Book Report
In order to write a good book report, you can follow the tips below:
- Before writing your book report, know the requirements of your assignment to know what should be included in your book report.
- To help you organize your ideas for your report, you can outline the main ideas and sub-ideas of the story while it is still fresh in your head.
- The details about your book should be stated accurately and your summary should only touch on the basic plot points of the book.
- You don’t have to summarize every chapter of the book. Instead, choose the one that is the most significant and interesting.
For other Report Examples, don’t forget to check out our compilation of Expense Reports as well.