There is a need to keep track on progress whether you’re in school, work, or training. Bosses might need a quick look on how you’re doing with your tasks or teachers just might want to simply take note of their students’ improvements. Such complex reasons are why we need to utilize a sample progress report. Consider writing a report as an effective means to get tasks accomplished.
218+ FREE REPORT Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Excel, Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Apple Numbers, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator (AI)
Progress reports vary in format and outline wherein each could indicate a trend on how something is presented through it. There are those who keep track on progress through monthly reports and some on a weekly or daily basis.
Why Do We Need Progress Reports?
You could write a progress report to anyone who asks for it and you may wonder why is there always a need to write one. The very purpose of a progress report is to keep an eye on what you are doing. For better understanding, here are purposes of writing a progress report:
- General supervision. You have to be in control of a certain project or task that you are assigned to do. A progress report tends to reflect what already done and what still needs to be done. A progress report could help you manage your time spent on certain tasks to complete an overall project or assignment.
- Time frame. Usually, projects that run for months to accomplish the tasks, and that really needs to beat a certain time frame to accurately perform tasks on respective dates. When you make use of a progress report, you are able to determine if tasks were duly accomplished on the said dates.
- Trend. With progress reports, you are able to see what is established along whether there has been improvement or not as you continue doing tasks. The trend could help decide whether tracking it through a report is effective or not.
To those writing a formal report, they also considered the same general purposes mentioned above.
Inclusions of a Progress Report
As you can see with our Report Templates offered on this page, there are inclusions of a progress report to make it more efficient for use. Here are its inclusions:
- Task description
- Progress charts
- Evaluation section
Guidelines in Writing a Progress Report
A report sample that we offer in this page will show you how a progress report looks like when it considers crucial guidelines in making one.
While there could be a lot of personally written progress reports, here are specific guidelines to writing the ideal progress report:
- Objective. Before you start with keeping track on progress, you have to consider the objective and the goals that you would soon be tracking on. As early as within the objective part, be sure to include what you aim to achieve for a certain assignment.
- Consider your readers. When writing a progress report, be sure that you are able to connect to your audience and readers as well. It is important that your report is comprehensive to everyone just so it wouldn’t defeat the purpose of making a progress report in the first place.
- Use keywords. The tone and language of your progress report is important as it relays information to your readers. The keywords that you will be using would possibly help you and your readers arrive at the same conclusion or understanding.
As you go over our page, you would surely be convinced to download ready-made and available progress report templates for you to use. It is definitely ideal for any task or assignment you would want to report about.