10+ Report Templates in Google Sheets
Everyone from employees to even students will be required to provide a detailed account of a particular subject matter. Should that be the case, then they are going to have to make sure that they have something that is able to contain all of the information that they have managed to gather.
The one thing that these people will need to be able to come up with would have to be a report. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to be able to create your very own report.
Elements of a Report
When it comes to making a sample report, you have to do everything you can to ensure that it has all of the information it needs. To guarantee that it does, you are going to have to learn about the basic elements of a report. It’s very important that you are able to include every single one of them into the report so that the document is able to serve its purpose.
So knowing that, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper report:
1. Title: Every report should always have a title. The reason as to why it’s needed is because it will give readers an idea as to what the report is for. You have to make sure that the title you come up with is directly related to the purpose of the document. For example, let’s say that the report you wish to make contains information that happened within the workplace. An appropriate title that you can go with would be “Employee Incident Report” or anything else that’s similar.
2. Basic Information: The person who is in charge of coming up with the report must place his/her basic information into the document. This is important as the person for whom the report is for will want to know exactly who is responsible for its creation. Make sure to provide a name as well as other information such as the title of the position or even the department of origin.
3. Date: Never forget to include the date in which the report was made. Also, you may want to include dates that are important to whatever it is that you have to report about. Just be sure to include the month, day, and year so that there won’t be any problems regarding the matter of “when”.
4. Subject Details: No matter what kind of subject the report covers, it is your duty to make sure that it has all of the details that the reader will need to learn about it. What this means is that you must include all necessary information. Such examples would be names, dates, accurate descriptions, etc.
10+ Report Templates in Google Sheets
Simple Project Expense Report Template
Monthly Sales Activity Report Template
Weekly Sales Activity Report Template
Monthly Operations Report Template
Monthly Management Report Sample
Business Expense Report Template
Monthly Financial Report Template
Company Monthly Report Template
Sales Activity Report Sample
Simple Expense Report Template
How to Make a Report in Google Sheets
If you want to make sure that the report you end up making is actually able to do what it is supposed to, then you will have to learn how to make it well. What this means is that you have to make sure that it has all of the information it needs in order to serve its purpose. To guarantee that it does, there are things that you have to consider and a process that you have to follow.
So knowing that here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a report via Google Sheets:
1. Learn How to Access Google Sheets: The first step when it comes to learning how to make a report via Google Sheets is to understand how you can access it. What this means is that you are going to have to open up your Gmail account if you want to make a report in this method. If you do not already have a Gmail account, then you can simply register for one by going to Google’s main site. Once you’ve made it proceed to do the following:
- Open up your Gmail Account.
- Select the “Sheets” option.
- Choose if you would like to start from a blank document or if you want to start by using a template.
The process of making any kind of report via Google Sheets is fast and relatively easy. You can even use this method to help you come up with other types of documents.
2. Make Your Report: Should you decide not to use a template when it comes to making your report, then that means you will be the one that’s mainly responsible for ensuring the report has all of the information it needs. Aside from the basic elements, you must be sure to include other important pieces of information. So make sure that you are able to do the following.
- Know the purpose of the report: If you want to make sure that you include all of the information that the report needs, then you are going to have to know its purpose. Doing so will not only help you come up with a proper title, but it will also aid you during the creation process.
- Know who it’s for: Make sure that you point out exactly who the report is meant for as you’ll want it to get to the hands of the right person. What this means is that you are going to have to provide that person’s complete name and other information such as his/her job title.
- Include any required information: The kind of information that you will be required to include into the report will depend entirely on the type that you have to make. So let’s say that you have to make one based on the research you’ve done on a particular market. This means that you need to point out information such as who the target audience is, what products/services are popular, who the competitors are, etc.
Tips for Making a Report
- Check the Information that you put into it: If you want to avoid any unnecessary problems such as having the report sent back to you due to inconsistencies, then you’ll need to do a thorough check on everything that you’ve written down. Also, to ensure that you haven’t forgotten to include anything important, always check with your sources of information and do a double-check on the report that you have made.
- Proofread and edit your report: The last thing that you want to hand over is a report that contains a lot of grammatical and spelling errors. To avoid that from happening, you simply need to go do a thorough check so that you are able to proofread and edit everything properly. Again, just be sure to do a double-check to see if there is anything that you have to change and to make sure that you don’t miss out on making any important corrections.
Types of Reports
Now that you have managed to learn what exactly should be in a report and how you should go about in making one, the next thing that you will need to learn would be the types that you can make. Different types of reports are meant to contain different types of information. Knowing what kind of reports you can make will help you understand what templates you should use or what information you should fill into whatever you decide to make. So knowing that, here are a few examples:
- Monthly Report
- Financial Report
- Field Trip Report
- Industry Visit Report
- Site Visit Report
- Marker Research Report
- Project Report
- Expense Report
Should you wish to learn about the other types of reports that you can make, or if you want to learn about the other types of documents that you can choose to create, then you simply need to go through our site until you are able to get all of the information that you need.
What kind of details should I include in my report?
Aside from the basic elements, the kind of information that you put into the document will depend entirely on the type that you have to make. For example, company expense reports will require you to include all of the assets and liabilities, as well as the total net worth of the company.
Is there an easy way to make a report?
Yes. Should you decide to go with a template, you’ll find the process of making a report much faster and easier. All you need is a program that allows you to open it, and then replace whatever dummy text is in it to whatever pieces of information you see fit. You may choose to use the templates that are available in this article if any of them can be of help to you.
The process of making a report may seem easy, but you still have to make sure that you are able to do it well. So long as you follow all of the steps and that you make the most out of the information provided in this article, then you shouldn’t have to worry about anything.