10+ Report Templates in Word
There are certain situations wherein one must be able to gather information on particular subjects. This can be anything from an event that took place to even an incident that people have managed to witness. You can also like report templates.
Those who are in charge of collecting the information and showing it to the right people will need to be able to come up with a report. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to be able to come up with one.
Elements of a Report
Should you be the person that is in charge of coming up with a report, then the firs thing that you are going to have to do is to learn about the basic elements. These are required in order for the report you make to fulfill its purpose: Provide people with information about a particular subject matter.
So knowing that here are the basic elements that just about every report is going to need:
1. Title: Before anything else, you must be able to come up with a title for the report. Having it ensures that the people who go through it will know exactly what the document is for. Whatever title you come up with has to be related to the report’s purpose. For example, let’s say that you have to make a report on the research you have done on a particular market. You will want to go with a title such as “Market Research Report” or anything else that’s similar.
2. Basic Information: Those who are in charge of making the report must provide basic information about themselves into the document. Those who will be tasked in collecting reports will always want to know who is responsible for their creation. So if you’re the person that has to make one, always put in your complete name. Other than that, you will have to provide other information such as the department that you are from and your job title.
3. Date: It is very important that you do not forget to include the date in which you made the report. This will give those who read it an idea as to when something happened or help them check if you were able to come up with the report on the day that you were supposed to.
4. Subject Details: Every report will have a particular subject that needs to be focused. What these are will depend entirely on the type of report that you have to make. This also means that the information you place in the document will depend on the type as well. So let’s say that you have to come up with a financial report for your company. This means that the document must contain information such as net assets, net liabilities, etc.
10+ Report Templates in Word
Incident Report Template
Project Management Report
Project Progress Report
Annual Business Report
Business Trip Report
Employee Incident Report
Market Research Report
Annual Sales Report
Company Report Template
Church Report Template
How to Make a Report in Word
Now that you know the basic elements of a report, the next thing that you are going to have to learn would be how you should go about in making one. Remember that the entire point of coming up with a report is so that you can professionally present information about a particular subject matter to someone who needs it. The only way you can do that is if you know exactly how to make it.
So knowing that, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with any report in Word:
1. Install and Open a Word Program: Before you can even begin making a report in Word, you are definitely going to need a Word program. Take note that there are many different types of programs that allow you to make a report in Word format, but the one we will be focusing on is Microsoft Word. This is because it is fairly easy to use, quick to learn, and it has been generally been accepted by everyone as the standard for creating just about any type of Word document.
So once you have it installed or if you already have it, then be sure to do the following:
- Open up Microsoft Word.
- Click on the “File” tab and select “New”.
- Choose if you want to start from a blank document or if you would like to make use of a template.
- If you chose to go with a template, then go through the list of available ones that you can use or download a template that you can open with Microsoft Word.
As you can see, the process is fairly quick and easy. You can also use the same process to help you come up with other types of documents as well.
2. Come Up With the Report: Again, you can always choose to start making one from scratch or use a template. Using a template is much easier as all you will have to do is to fill out the blanks and replace the dummy information. However, should you decide to make one on your own, then you must ensure that it has all of the information you need. So be sure to do the following:
- Define the purpose of the report: The only way to make sure that you know what you should put inside of the report is to know what its purpose should be. Not only will it help you do that, but it will also aid you in coming up with an appropriate title.
- Know who you should give it to: You may be required to provide the name of the person to whom you are making the report for. Make sure to get all of the information such as that person’s name and job title so that you can place it properly into the report.
- Provide all of the necessary information: Again, this will depend entirely on the type of report that you are making. So let’s say that you’re making a report about an accident that occurred. This means that not only will you have to point out what kind of accident it was, but you also need to share other details such as where it happened, when it happened, who was involved, etc.
Tips for Making a Report
- Always check the information you’ve put into it: You do not want to hand over a report that is full of inconsistencies and inaccurate information. So what you are going to have to do is to check all of your sources to confirm that all of the information that you have managed to gather is accurate. Also, doing this can also help guarantee that you are able to acquire all of the details that the report is going to need.
- Always proofread and edit your report: Before you finalize your report and hand it over to the people that need it, it’s best that you make sure that there are no grammatical or spelling errors. The best way to avoid them is by going through the report thoroughly so that you can proofread and edit anything that you need to. Best that you go through the report at least twice so that you don’t miss out on anything that you will need to correct.
Types of Reports
Now that you know what should be in a report and how to make one, next is to learn about the different types. Different types of reports mean that they have their own purposes. Knowing what they are should tell you what you should make that fits the situation. So knowing that, here are a few examples.
- Business Trip Report
- Employee Incident Report
- Market Research Report
- Management Report
- Annual Sales Report
- Assessment Report
- Company Report
Should you wish to learn more about the types you can make, or if you want to learn about the other documents that you can create, then you simply need to go through our site until you are able to get all of the information that you need.
Is Word the best way to make a report?
When it comes to making any type of report, Word is the standard format. This is because it’s easier to make it in Word and the fact that the format has generally been accepted as the standard for just about any document. Just know that you can also choose to make it in other formats such as PDF, but it’s always best to stick with Word.
How can I easily make one?
Again, the easiest way to make a report is by making use of a template. All you have to do is to install a Word program, use it to open the template, and then make whatever changes or additions that you want. If you like, you can make use of the templates that are available in this article.
Making a report may not be difficult, but it’s certainly something that you are going to have to do when the time is needed. So make sure to make the most out of the information in this article to help you prepare an effective report.