When making a long-term project, it is always best to monitor how the project is doing to keep track of its progress, and this can be done through the use of progress reports. We can then determine if we are ahead or behind of our schedule. There are monthly, weekly, or annual reports, while there are also semi-annual and quarterly reports. You may also see report samples.
Progress reports are written in a business format since this is considered as a formal report. This can also mean that progress reports can be used for legal disputes if the need arises. Continue reading on for more information about progress reports.
Job Progress Report Template
Business Progress Report Template
Progress Report Template
Job Progress Report Template
Progress Status Report
Construction Project Progress
How Do I Write a Progress Report?
- Before you start writing, identify first the purpose of the progress report.
- Decide on how you should present your report.
- Write a heading on the top of your report. This heading should include the date of submission of the report, your name and designation, the name and designation of the person who will be receiving the report, and the subject of the report.
- Organize the topics of your report into sections to make it clear for your audience.
- Write an introduction which includes the purpose of the report, and the proposal on the project.
- Write the main contents of the report which includes the accomplished tasks since the last report, problems encountered daily that hindered the progress of the project, and changes that were made and need to be made.
- State what you plan to do next for the project.
You may choose to go with a high-resolution report sample PDF files. But for more report templates, check out our collection of Weekly Status Report Templates.
What Is the Use of Progress Reports?
Progress report templates are used to provide the reader, which could either be a client or the management, that progress has been made in the project and that it will be competed within the expected date. It will also give the reader with a visual image on the findings of the project, which can give them a chance to evaluate the work and to make some changes if necessary. Progress reports can also be used to provide the reader a chance to take up problems that are encountered during the duration of the project.
You may also choose to go with the fully editable report sample in .doc format. And for more templates, check out this collection of Progress Report Card Templates.
Annual Progress Report
Annual Research Progress Report
Guidelines for Progress Reports
- A progress report should always be centered on the project to give the reader with a complete overview and an update on how the project is doing.
- Keep your report short but filled with information. Write down only the most important findings and decisions made on the progress report.
- Use pictures, graphs, and charts on your report to provide the reader with a clear visual representation on the progress of the project.
- Choose properly which report format is appropriate for your purpose of reporting.
- Make use of a progress report template.