For aspiring and experienced educators, your professional education resumes can help you get the job you’re longing for. As an educator, you should clearly convey your passion and commitment to touch the minds and hearts of students.
To help you build or enhance your resume, there are education resume templates that offer resume objective tips and well-formatted resume profiles. By using the following templates, you can increase your chances of getting a seat in the interview room and be given the privilege to explain to the hiring managers your love for teaching and sharing academic and life lessons to students.
Special Basic Education Resumes
Special Education Resume Template
Special Education Resume Sample
Elementary Special Education Resume
1. Resume Formatting
As you may observe in resume template examples, resumes come in multiple formats depending on the nature of the profession, preferences of the employers, style and strategies of the applicant, and many more. For educators, such as teachers and mentors, knowing the right format is considered as a cardinal rule. As role models, they should exemplify how professional resumes must be formatted.
- Know your priorities. In positioning the relevant details in your resume, you should adopt a system in order to present them in a logical manner. Put the important features on top and the other supporting ones at the bottom part. For freshers, resume template for fresher showcase ideas on how to strategically position professional details.
- Keep it short. Depending on your context, you can try as much as possible to come up with a 2-page resume. student resume template and college resume templates may observe the one-page rule because of their limited experiences.
- Add page numbers and margins. Page numbers are necessary if you’re required by the school to submit a detailed resume to guide them in examining your resume. As for the margins, you may follow the standard 1” margin, unless otherwise suggested by the hiring managers.
- Use a clean and high-quality paper. It is up to you if you opt to submit both a paper-based resume or an online resume sent via email. If you will submit a paper-based resume, be sure to use a clean and high-quality paper.
Sample Basic Education Resumes
Sample Education Resume
Sample Higher Education Resume
Physical Basic Education Resumes
Physical Education Teacher
Physical Education Resume in PDF
Health and Physical Education Resume
2. Education-Related Job Posts and Usages
Writing an education resume from scratch can be a hassle. That is why the set of basic resume templates can help you build your own resume.
- Special Basic Resume Template – A special education teacher is one that can work comfortably and effectively with children and youth that have special needs because of their mental or physical disabilities. Because of the level of skills required, most countries have high demand rate for special education teachers. The templates provided can help you sort out and organize your information.
- Physical Basic Education Resume Templates – P.E. instructors must showcase their enthusiasm all throughout the resume. For starters in such a field, the template provided can help you understand the nature of work of most physical education teachers. Physical education is also inextricably linked with health classes. You should emphasize in your resume your holistic knowledge regarding health standards and practices. If you’ve made pertinent publications regarding the said field, it would be best to include them.
- Elementary Education Resume Templates – Most countries require applicants for this job post to have a bachelor’s degree on elementary education and an accompanying license to teach. For those who are planning to apply as elementary teachers, you should channel both your creativity and intellectual ideas because you’ll be needing them in dealing with your students. Hiring managers are very keen in hiring teachers because they have the capacity to influence the minds of students.
- Higher Education Resume Templates – Unlike high school resume templates that showcase the academic credentials of the applicant, in here the teacher is assessed holistically. Some of the basic components included are the child care experiences, volunteer works, academic achievements and accomplishments, publications, awards and certifications, and many more.
Indeed, education resume templates come in various forms. What is essential is that you select the template that would work best for you especially on the field you’re interested in.
Elementary Basic Education Resumes
Elementary Physical Education Resume
Basic Higher Education Resume
Higher Education Administration
Basic High School Education Resumes
Sample High School Education with No Experience
High School Graduate
High School Physical Education Teacher
3. How to Add Modern Elements in Your Education Resume
Your impressive work history and stellar professional and personal achievements will not matter if hiring managers do not consider your resume to be appealing and engaging. Bear in mind that you have competitors to take into account. One way of rising from the bunch is by incorporating modern elements and formats in your resume such as the following:
- Make use of a MAC Resume Template – For MAC users, these templates are your best friend. The format and design are new, professional, and pleasant to the eyes. These resumes are mostly created using MAC document editor that allows you to flaunt your career achievements.
- Consider using Infographic Resume Templates – Traditionally, infographics are not welcomed in a resume. Because of the upsurge of information technology, infographics are now compatible with resumes provided that they are used accordingly. Most programmer resume templates use infographics and graphical representations in enumerating the experiences and achievements of the applicant. To add, you can also provide your professional online accounts and links to give more spice to your resume.
- Strike a balance between creativity and professionalism. Use modern elements that would empower your content rather than overshadow them. There are certain details that must remain formal and professional such as in the case of MBA resume template.
Assistant Education Resumes
Basic Entry-Level Education Resumes
Entry-Level Business Analyst
Sample Entry-Level Resume
4. Breaking Down an Education Resume
Before the actual writing of your resume, education resume templates are good references in deciding what to include or emphasize in your resume.
- Professional details – Don’t forget to include the standard basic details that every resume should have. Ensure that you provide an updated contact number.
- Professional summary – For educators, it is highly recommended that you provide a professional summary. Like business resumes such as an executive administrative assistant resume and a business analyst resume template, the professional summary will direct the attention of the employer to your cup of tea or areas of expertise.
- Academic background – Th academic requirements for every teaching job must be complied with. For applicants, you should consider the nature of the job post you’re applying for before organizing your academic background. By doing this, you’ll have an idea which information are no longer relevant and necessary.
- Work history – Having a good academic background is not enough especially for high-level teaching positions which require specific skills and competencies. To emphasize your work experiences, you have to use appropriate actions words to give more emphatic effect and also for easy reading.
And lastly, your honors, awards templates, accomplishments, and other certifications. Your professional and personal accomplishments are relevant because teachers must adopt a holistic and comprehensive approach.