10+ Basic Resume Templates
There will come a time where you’ll want to apply for a position within a company. Should you wish to do so, then you’re going to have to come up with a document that’s able to present the information that will tell employers you’re the person that’s capable for the job.
This means that you will need to be able to come up with a resume that’s able to do exactly that. And that’s why this article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to come up with a basic resume.
Elements of a Basic Resume
If you’re going to make a resume, then you should know that there are a couple of basic elements that you need to include. The reason as to why you must be aware of them is because they’re what’s going to show employers as to why you’re the person that’s suitable for the job. So if you miss including even one of them, then most likely your chances of getting chosen are reduced.
With that in mind, here are the basic elements of a a good basic resume:
- Personal Information: Employers will always want to know exactly who they’re dealing, as well as how they’re going to contact them should that person be the right fit for the position. So it’s here where you’ll want to write down your complete name, contact details, and address.
- Job Experience: Any job experience that you have that relates to the position that you wish to acquire can benefit you greatly. Point out the names of the companies that you worked for, the positions that you’ve held while in them, and the dates which show when you started and finished your term with them.
- Education: Employers will want to know if you’ve managed to acquire the education needed to take on all of the duties and responsibilities that come with the position that they’re looking to fill. Share the name of the schools that you’ve attended, the dates showing when you graduated from them, and any academic achievements that you may have gained.
- Skills: Employers will always want to know what kind of skills you have that will allow you to do the job competently. Share a list of all the skills that you’ve managed to attain. Sometimes it’s best to stick with writing down skills that only relate to the job that you wish to take.
- References: Many employers will want to verify the information that you’ve presented them through your resume. For them to do that, they’ll be contacting your references. List down people who you know you can trust and those that know you well enough such as previous managers, supervisors, co-workers, etc.
10+ Basic Resume Samples
Basic Network Engineer Resume Template
Basic Cashier Resume Sample
Basic Analyst Resume Format
Basic Receptionist Resume Template
Basic Pharmacist Resume Sample
Basic Criminal Lawyer Resume Template
Basic Lawyer Resume Example
Basic Fresher Resume Format
Free Resume Template
How to Make a Basic Resume
Learning what a resume should contain won’t be enough, you’ll also need to learn how you should make one. There are things that you’re going to have to do to ensure that employers can see that you’re the right person for the job. So long as you know how you should go about in making your resume, then you shouldn’t have too much of a problem doing this.
So here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper basic resume:
1. Choose the Right Text Format
The first thing that you’ll want to do when making a resume is to figure out what kind of text format you should be going with. This means that you must choose a font and font size that will allow you to present your information in an organized and professional manner. Employers can use this alone to determine whether you’re someone that’s fit to be an employee, or if they should go with other applicants.
First is that you’ll need to think of the font. You can go with Arial, Calibri, or just about anything that ensures your text looks professional. If you’re wondering what font you should go for, then you can always take a look at them any resume samples online as they’ll give you an idea as to which you should use.
Next is the font size. Standard sizes would be 14 to 16 for the heading, while other text would be 11 to 12. You can go with other size, but it’s best to play it safe and stick with the standard. Again, you can go through the many resume samples that you can find online to give you an idea as to what font size you should be using.
2. Know What Layout to Use
When you’re done figuring out what your text format should be, then the next thing that you’re going to have to do is to know what layout you should use. There are three that you can decide to choose from. Those would be the following:
- Chronological: It’s here where you’ll be focusing on showing the amount of job experience that you’ve manged to attain. This is perfect for those that have had an extensive carer in a certain field and who are applying for a job that fall in line with that field. So the more job experiences you have, the better this options if for you.
- Functional: This is what you choose to use should you have little to no job experience. This is especially useful for those who have spent majority of their careers as self-employed. If you have managed to earn a lot of skills and you don’t have much job experience, then you should definitely go with this layout.
- Combination: This is the one you want to use should you wish to combine the chronological and functional layout. You’re basically showing the amount of job experience that you’ve managed to attain, as well as the skills that you’ve acquired from them. Take note that this will most likely be longer than if you stuck with just a chronological or functional layout.
3. Show the Information You Want to Present to Employers
Now that you’re done with the foundation of your resume, then all you have to do next is to present the information your employers will want to learn about you. It’s here where you’ll have to recall all of the basic elements and place them in a way that looks organized and professional. If you have trouble doing so, then check out resume samples to give you an idea as to where you should place what.
Tips for Making a Basic Resume
- Always be truthful: Whatever information you put into the resume must only be fact. There should never be any exaggerations or lies as employers will verify any and all information that you’ve written into your resume.
- Never forget to proofread: If you want to show your professionalism, then your resume should not have any errors pertaining to grammar and spelling. Always proofread the document before sending it to your prospective employer as you do not want to embarass yourself by giving him/her an unpolished resume.
Types of Basic Resumes
If you plan on making a basic resume, know that there are many different types that you can make and that each of them servers the purpose of helping you attain a specific job. Knowing what they are should give you an idea as to which you’re supposed to use. So here are a few examples:
- Basic Lab Technician Resume
- Basic Cashier Resume
- Basic High School Resume
- Basic Media Resume
- Basic Microbiologist Resume
If you would like to learn more about the other types that you can make, then simply go through our site.
Basic Resume Sizes
You should know that the standard size when it comes to making any type of resume would be that of an A4 or US. If you want to get more specific, then it should be 8.5 by 11 inches. Although you can go with ones that are slightly larger or smaller, doing so will seem unprofessional and will most likely be turned away by employers. So it’s best that you stick with the standards.
Basic Resume FAQs
How Do I Make a Resume?
All you have to do is to download one of the many Word application software that you can find online and use it to create a new file that will become your resume. Know that the most common one used would be Microsoft Word as it’s easy to use and has all of the tools you need that will allow you to make one. But it’s all up to you as to which you would like to use.
Is There an Easy Way to Make a Resume?
Yes, you just need to make use of Word application software you’re comfortable with, download a basic resume template, and customize it to contain whatever you want it to. You can make use of the templates available in this article should you wish to do so.
Although coming up with a resume may not be the easiest thing to do and it may eat up some of your time, you’ll need to do it if you want to apply for a job that you want. Make use of the information presented in this article to guarantee that you’ll have an easier time in making one.