A work resume is an important document that contains the qualifications and competencies of an individual. Work resumes, when curated appropriately, can help an applicant go through the initial processes of work application. Aside from an appealing resume objective and an informative resume headline, a basic work resume should also include information about the professional experiences and skills of a candidate.
The ability to properly put together your strengths can be very beneficial to your application undertakings. To help you create an effective basic work resume, this post can provide you with downloadable templates containing format and content layout that you may use in making your own professional profile.
Administrative Work Resumes
Administrative Assistant Work
Experienced Administrative Manager
Construction Work Resumes
Creating a Resume Header
A resume header does not necessarily mean that you need to place it in the header area of the document. Resume headers are the first information that you need to place in blank work resumes. For a resume header to be effective, it should include the following information:
- The full name of the applicant. It will depend on you on what format to use in stating your name. All you need to assure is that the spelling of your name is correct. Your full name should also have the biggest font in your simple work resume both for the purpose of memory retention and extra appeal to your prospective employer.
- The age of the applicant. Some resumes do not require the age specification of candidates. However, it will be helpful especially for job applications where age limit or restrictions are applied.
- The basic contact information of the applicant. A work candidate should present at least two contact details where employers may reach him/her with regards to the updates of his/her application. These contact details can include a mobile number, an e-mail address, or a home contact.
- The address of the applicant. It is important for an applicant to specify his/her current and permanent address. In case both of these are the same, there is no need for specification. Just write the specific address for proper information statement. This is essential as employers need to assure that the location of the applicant will not hinder him/her to go to the business location on a daily basis.
Contract Work Resume
Contract Work Resume Sample
Data Entry Work Resumes
Data Entry Clerk
Data Entry Specialist
Career Objective vs. Professional Profile
- You can use a career objective if you are a fresher in the industry where you are applying at. Career objectives provide information about your goals and aspirations. This also includes your plans for professional growth if you will be hired by the company where you applied.
- A professional profile can be used instead of a career objective if you are already an experienced candidate, especially in the field where you are applying. A professional profile or a resume profile contains the details of your expertise, qualifications, and competencies.
Inclusions of a Comprehensive Work Resume
Professional work resumes are created to present an individual in a professional manner. Thus, this document should contain all the needed information that can highlight the qualifications of an individual relevant to the field where he/she is applying. Other than the resume header and the career objective or professional profile, your work resume should also contain the following details:
- The professional work experiences of the candidate, which includes his/her previous employers, work positions, and work descriptions
- The technical skills, abilities, and competencies of the candidate that can be used by the employer in its operations
- The educational attainment and academic achievements of the applicant, should he/she have less than four years of professional work experiences
- The professional achievements of the candidate
- The training programs that the candidate has attended
- The references that can validate the information present in the work resume of the candidate
Some of the best work resumes contain all these items. If these initial information are already presented, there will only be a few items that employers may not know about, which they can clarify should you be accepted for an interview.
High School Work Resumes
High School Work Resume Example
Sample Resume for High School Students
IT Work Resumes
Experienced IT Work Resume Sample
IT Work Resume Sample
Labor Work Resumes
General Laborer Resume
Medical Work Resumes
Medical Social Work
Medical Work Experience Resume
Things to Consider in Making a Work Resume
Printable work resumes should be created based on factors that can affect its efficiency when used for a particular job application. If you want to create a work resume, here are some variables that you need to consider:
- The industry where you are applying. The first thing that you should think of when creating a work resume is the industry where you will use it. There are different qualifications in various industries, which is why you need to make sure that you are well aware of the nature of operations of the industry where you would like to belong. Having prior knowledge with regards to this matter can help you align your strengths to the requirements of the field.
- Your qualifications. Another thing that you should be aware of is your qualifications. Always make a work resume that focuses on your competencies and how they are relevant to the work functions that you will be tasked to execute should you be hired for a specific work post.
- The work position that you are targeting. Though there are work resumes that are not specific in terms of the work position that an applicant would like to have, listing the content of your work resume will make you more appealing to specific work posts. The work position that you want to be considered for should be properly targeted so you will land in the professional post that you will enjoy in the long run.
- The resume type or format to use. Free work resumes should be formatted based on the items that should be highlighted during an individual’s work application. The different kinds of resume formats will be discussed below for you to have more information about them.
Nursing Work Resumes
Sample Resume for Nurses
Sample Cover Letter for Experienced Nurse
Nursing Work Experience Resume
Office Work Resumes
Office Work Resume Example
Retail Work Resumes
Retail Work Experience Resume
Sample Retail Resume in PDF
Social Work Resume
Professional Social Work Resume
Sample School Social Work Resume
Types of Work Resumes
As mentioned above, there are different kinds of resume formats that you may select from. The general types of work resume examples include the following:
- Chronological resumes are used by applicants with impressive employment records and those who have a number of relevant industry experiences.
- Functional resumes are created by candidates who would like to highlight their skills and abilities more than the work functions that has been entrusted to them by companies.
- A combination resume is basically a combined chronological and functional resume, which means that it features both the professional work experiences and the competencies of an applicant.
- Targeted Resumes are made by applicants with specific work positions in mind during an application.