Building a resume is considered as the first step in the applicant’s journey to get his or her desired job position. A resume embodies a person’s personal and professional skills, knowledge, and relevant credentials. To stand out from the bunch of applicants, there’s no doubt that your resume format must be the best.
For IT professionals, writing a targeted resume is highly recommended. The format and structure of their resume must be industry-specific so that their level of expertise and professionalism shines through their professional resume. To serve as resume guides, best IT resume templates are downloadable here. Choose the template that suits your career plans.
IT Administrator Resume
IT Network & System Administrator Resume
IT Infrastructure Administrator Resume
IT Business Analyst Resume
Senior Business Analyst Resume
Entry-Level Business Analyst Sample Resume
Business System Analyst Resume
1. IT Resume Keywords
Because of the increase in the number of IT applicants everyday, hiring managers and recruiters don’t have the time to review and read all submitted resumes especially in cases that the company is in dire need of new employees to fill in vacant positions. If you want to be noticed, you should strategize both the format and content of your IT Resumes. In connection to this, keywords help optimized and empower your resume.
Other than the set of keywords provided by IT resume examples, you can refer to the set of IT-specific keywords below:
- Distribution channels
- Online advertising
- End-user support
- Management information system
- Information security
- Knowledge management
- Software configuration
- Web administration
- Network solutions
2. Action Verbs?
Choosing the right verb is also critical. As much as possible, use IT-related action verbs such as the following :
- Streamlined Tailored
These are some action words that you may use in your resume provided that it fits your specific accomplishments, work experiences, contributions and awards, personal and professional traits and skills and many more. Thus, every single detail of your IT resume must represent your character and own brand as an IT professional.
IT Business Development Resume
IT Business Development Resume Sample
IT Director Resume
IT Project Director Resume
IT Infrastructure Director
IT Developer Resume
Senior IT Developer
Experienced IT Developer Resume
3. A Variety of IT Resume Templates
The field of Information technology is experiencing progressive developments. With this, IT professionals are in demand because of the increasing interdependence among global and international networks. In line with this, there are IT resume formats and IT resume designs tailored fit for a particular IT position or line work. Consider the following
- IT Administrator Resume Templates – If you’re planning to apply for an IT administrator position, the provided resume templates can help you a lot. Hiring managers are looking for IT administrators that have the passion and the technical expertise to manage IT projects and configurations. That is why this position mostly require at least 4 to 5 years of work experiences unless otherwise stated by recruiters.
- IT Business Analyst Resume Templates – There are resume templates provided for senior business analysts resumes. As an IT analyst, you should showcase your highly-technical skills in program research, innovation, and development. You should also have multi-tasking skills because IT analysts are expected to have comprehensive and detailed knowledge in the said field.
- IT Business Development Resume Templates – In your resume, you can include sections such as your personal summary, areas of expertise, career history, duties, key skills, training experiences, and many more. You should emphasize your skills in the field of management and your expertise in generating revenues in order to meet both short term and long term business objectives. You may also see Microsoft Word Resumes.
- IT Developer Resume Templates – An IT Developer refers to an individual that are tasked to generate and innovate software and program applications. There are different types of IT developers such as software developers, software engineer, computer programmer, and many more.
- IT Project Manager Resume Templates – In a company, IT project managers ensure that projects are completed or delivered on time. As managers, you should also guide and encourage your team members to deliver their designated tasks promptly, but still taking into account the quality of their works.
IT Executive Resume
IT Executive Resume Format
IT Engineer Resume
Senior Engineer Resume
IT Software Engineer
IT Manager Resume
IT Project Manager
Assistant IT Project Manager
4. Key Ingredients of an IT Resume
Professional IT resumes must be well-written, substantive, comprehensive, and targeted. In line with this, you should know the key components of an IT resume. Consider the following:
- Personal Summary – In this section, you can emphasize your character and brand as an IT professional. Bear in mind that the field of IT is broad and all-encompassing. Almost all industries demand for the services of IT professionals especially in terms of data management and monitoring.
- Areas of expertise – You can outline here the branches of IT that you are an expert of. It could be because of your working experiences, educational attainment, or through the certifications and awards that you gained. Examples of such areas are data management, project management, competitor analysis, and many more.
- Career history – In here, you should emphasize your work timelines such as your previous job titles and descriptions. Your relevant work experiences must be outlined logically and systematically. Include the business names of your previous employers for reference purposes.
- Accomplishments in the field of IT – For fresher resumes, you can emphasize your IT related projects and achievements in the course of your studies. You can include the insights and skills that you’ve acquired from your internship programs and training.
IT Networking Resume
Template of Senior Network Engineer
IT Networking Manager
IT Project Manager Resume
IT Senior Project Manager
IT Associate Project Manager
IT Recruiter Resume
IT Recruiter Resume Format
Senior Technical Recruiter
5. IT Resume Formatting Tips
Never underestimate the formatting elements in your professional resume. For IT professionals, most employers expect you to have good sense of organization, structure, and attention to details. To help you, you can refer to the details provided below:
- Resume headers – The headers make your resume comprehensible and convenient on the employer’s end. Modern IT resumes provide new resume header trends and techniques that you can learn from. To add, you should emphasize your headers by applying resume formatting styles that will make them different from the supporting details.
- Margins – Employers would not want to review a cluttered and untidy resume. Margins make your resume look professional and organized. Take note of the standard margins for resumes which are between .5” to 1”. Most Free IT resumes following the same standard.
- Font dynamics – The commonly used font styles for professional resumes are Times New Roman and Calibri. To add, the font size should not be too big and too small. The standard font size that resumes following is 12.
And lastly, use high-quality paper, in cases that you want to submit a hard copy of your resume. Moreover, proofread your resume to check for grammar and punctuation errors.