To provide a brief overview, a resume is a written summary of your work experience, education attainment, and achievements. When applying for a job, in most cases and as part of the application process, employers require applicants to submit a resume and cover letter.
Your resume serves as the first document that prospective employers will see when scanning your application. It is highly important that your resume contains factual and precise information of yourself. It is their means of checking if you’re capable and qualified for the position or otherwise. To supplement your resume making are our ever-ready best work resume templates are at your disposal.
Social Work Resumes
Social Work Resume Format
Volunteer Work Resumes
Volunteer Work Resume Example
Helpful Tips in Making a Compelling Resume
There are hundreds of hopeful applicants out there, so expect hundreds of resumes being submitted. These are what hiring managers face almost every day, tons of resumes piled on their desk. With this being said, having a compelling and engaging resume is advantageous. So if you want to know how, just follow these helpful tips.
- Having the best resume format is essential. Make sure to format it wisely and properly. A resume will not get a complete reading the first time no matter how great it is. Usually, it takes roughly 25 seconds or less for a resume to be scanned. And if your resume is insufficiently written, comprises of irrelevant details, and is hard to read, possibly employers will just ditch it.
- Focus more on your accomplishments instead of job descriptions. Most of the time, employers are looking for potential applicants that can help them solve issues or can bring positivity as an ideal asset to the company. For this reason, most work resume templates indicate accomplishments while on the job rather than just a list of mere tasks.
- Make sure to describe your achievements appropriately. Your resume serves as a great tool in promoting yourself to hiring managers. It should aim in showcasing your skills and qualifications.
Office Work Resumes
Entry-Level Office Assistant
Clerical Office Work Resume
Cover Letter for Office Work
Administrative Work Resumes
Experienced Administrative Assistant
Sample Administrative Assistant Resume
Sample Administrative Secretary
Types of Downloadable Work Resume Templates
Here in Template.net, we offer not just your regular run of the mill samples but templates that you can actually use for whatever job application needs you may have. These samples of our work resume templates are made ready just for you. These contain relevant information that are essential in every effective resume. You might want to see some of our samples.
- Social Work Resume Template – This is a type of resume that focuses on social work or job positions. This type of work focuses on helping individuals, groups, or communities in enhancing their well-being and welfare. This also aims in helping people to develop their abilities and skills.
- Volunteer Work Resume Template – If you’re applying for a volunteer work then this template will suit you best. Since volunteer work is more on providing services for no financial gain, a few key elements you need to include in your resume would be your experience in non-profit activity, such as community work and the like. You may also need to have specific skills depending on the type of volunteer service you are applying for.
- Office Work Resume Template – This is one of the work resume examples that highlight office-related positions such as office assistants, clerks, managers, supervisors, and other related job titles. This type of resume may feature the following skills: data entry, accounting, communication, and so on.
- Administrative Work Resume Template – This template targets any administrative job positions and it highlights skills and qualifications relevant to managerial tasks. If you’re aiming for the said job position, then this template works best for you.
- Construction Work Resume Template – This is a complete and compelling resume template that aims for construction-related work positions. So if you’re into repair, maintenance, demolition, or dismantling of buildings or structures forming, to supplement with your application, you might want to use this template.
Construction Work Resumes
Experienced Construction Professional
Sample Construction Supervisor Resume
Data Entry Work Resumes
Data Entry Operator Work Resume
Professional Date Entry Work Resume
Sample Data Entry Clerk Resume Template
High School Work Resumes
High School Work Resume Example
What are the Most Common Types of Resume?
Generally speaking, resumes (including printable work resumes) summarize an applicant’s skills and qualifications, however, they can be in different forms and each has its distinct purpose. Know some of these widely used resumes that you can utilize.
This is a type of resume designed in highlighting your skills and experience(s) rather than focusing on your work history. At the top of your resume, you may put “professional experience” or “accomplishments” instead of putting “work history”.
This section lists several of your skills that you have developed in the course of your career. If, in case, you are switching career paths or you have noticeable gaps in your employment history, this type of resume suits well for you.
If you want a resume that shows all your relevant work history, starting with the most recent job position, a chronological resume is what you need. After this is a list of your other jobs, and they should be written in reverse chronological order. This type of resume is mostly preferred by hiring managers since it is easier for them to see what jobs you have worked in.
Labor Work Resume
Medical Work Resumes
Medical Social Work
Medical Work Resume Sample
Nursing Work Resumes
Nursing Work Experience Resume
Sample Resume for Nurse
Retail Work Resumes
Sample Retail Work Resume
What’s Good in Having an Effective Resume?
We may know what the basic work resumes are as well as what they are for. However, one can’t simply take for granted the benefits of having an effective resume.
During the initial process of selecting potential candidates, which is the time you hand out your resume to a prospective employer, you will eventually find out whether hiring managers will include or exclude you from proceeding with the application process. An applicant with the most compelling resume often gets selected.
In order to secure a spot in their employment roster, you need to create a resume that’s makes you stand out. Even the most fundamental free work resumes can be turned into quite a powerful tool. When making your resume, you simply:
- Create one that possesses all necessary and relevant details.
- Make sure that it follows the proper formatting, of course.
- State your objectives.
- Select the right keywords.
- Make a list of your strengths and qualifications that is related to the position you’re applying for.
- Remember that you don’t have to exaggerate the contents of your resume just to make it great.
With the sample templates available on this post, you can acquire a solid foundation for an effective resume with just a simple click of the button.