When we say designer, it doesn’t just mean someone who makes clothes or someone who deals with the arrangement of furniture inside a house. There are various types of designers who deal with different subjects ranging from people (fashion designers), houses (interior designers), and even Internet websites (web designers). Designers may work independently or they may also work under a company. And if they choose to work under a company, they may need to submit a resume to the employer. You may also see designer templates.
Resumes are documents submitted by job hunters to employers to provide them with their background information. Resumes contain information regarding the applicant’s biographical data, including the contact details, educational attainment, skills, employment history (if applicable), and a list of people who can provide more feedback behind the applicant’s background. Here on our website, we provide you with our collection of Resume Templates to help you get started in your career.
Free Designer Resume Template
Graphic Designer Resume
Fashion Designer Resume
Instructional Designer Resume
Interior Design Assistant Resume
Web Designer Resume Template
A Diverse Industry
Designers should not be considered as monoliths—that is, the only job they do is to, well, design. However, like may industries, being a designer, as with all careers, means having differing responsibilities and differing roles. Here are the many roles and types of designers in this industry:
- Instructional designer. A person who practices on improving the design of the learning process to make the transfer of knowledge and skills more efficient.
- Interior designer. A person who deals with the interior aspect of houses, buildings, and establishments. They are the people in charge for the decorations and furniture arrangement.
- Web designer. A person responsible in designing web pages for companies and businesses.
- UX designer, or user experience designer. A person tasked with making designs to enhance a user’s interaction with products on the media.
- Graphic designer. A professional who assemble and arranges images and texts to create a single design. Their work is usually published on the Internet or on printed materials.
- Database designer. A person dealing with the designing of a data model that contains all needed physical and logical computer data.
- Product designer. A person who supervises in the production and the presentation of a product.
The Types of Resumes
As with most careers, you need to create a resume specifically designed to target certain employers or maybe just something with which you could cast your line in this ocean of careers. Here are the types of resumes you could build on:
- Chronological. This type of resume focuses on the previous work experience and lists them chronologically.
- Functional. This type of resume focuses more on the applicant’s skills and abilities rather than the work experience. This resume is good for first-time applicants with no previous work experience
- Combination. This type of resume combines the first two types and consists of two pages. The first page would use the chronological format while the second page would use the functional format.
- Targeted. A type of resume which is more personalized to suit the company’s requirements.
Now that we have provided you with resume templates and some information regarding the types of resumes, you can now get started in writing one. Simply choose the template that fits your position, and you are ready to go. You may also want to check out Designer Resume Template and Fashion Designer Resume for other resume templates on our website.
UX Designer Resume
Entry Level Graphic Designer Resume
Database Designer Resume
Sample Freelance Designer Resume Template
Product Designer Resume
These templates can be easily accessed by anyone who has good Internet connection. Downloading is very simple as well, and you can download these in Doc, Docx, or PDF formats. These templates are also fully editable to give you the freedom in making the necessary changes according to your preferences.
For graphic designers, you may also want to check out Graphic Designer Resume for more templates to choose from. If in case you couldn’t find what you were looking for on this page, scroll down to the bottom and check out the other links provided below.