Getting a job in the academe is not that easy. You have to convince hiring managers that you have the complied with the formal education requirements and at the same time has the personality and positive attitude to face the challenges of being an educator.
One way of professionally communicating your credentials is through the usage and reference to free education resumes. In most resumes, there is a resume key skills section that outlines the specific and relevant personal and professionals skills of the applicant. Nonetheless, every section of the resume must not be taken for granted. Aside from the commonly used formats, there are also other types of nontraditional resumes that you can use to showcase your credentials and qualifications.
High School Education Resume Templates
Sample High School Student Resume
High School Graduate
Special Education Resume
Education Assistant Resume Templates
Special Education Assistant
Health Education Assistant
Education Administrative Assistant
Must-See Sections in an Education Resume
It is undeniable that because of the superior leverage of teachers over their students, the former have the capability to influence how students think and respond to situations. Because of this, school administrators are very critical and keen in the selection and employment of teachers. The hired candidates must be deserving and perfect for the job. To supplement the writing strategies provided in education resume examples, here are a list of must-see sections in an education resume:
- Clear and concrete professional summary – The resume should showcase the teacher’s chosen career path. Provided that the field of education is broad, your resume must provide what is your field of expertise and specializations.
- Academic accomplishments and relevant educational background – Generic resumes for teachers showcase how academic accomplishments are outlined and structured. Ensure that you emphasize your prominent academic achievements to increase your chances of getting an interview.
- Teaching experiences – Experienced teachers have an edge compared to the fresh graduates. However, freshers can still get a spot as long as you have the academic credentials and relevant internship and non-work related teaching experiences such as in the case of volunteer and tutorial works.
Business Education Resume Templates
Sample Business Resume
Business Education Teacher
Business Education Resume Example
College Education Resumes
College Student Education Resume
College Graduate Resume
College Education Resume Example
Education Resume Cover Letters
Cover Letter for Special Education Teacher
Physical Education Cover Letter
Elementary Education Cover Letter
Work Opportunities in the Educational Field
Most research studies consider the field of education as one of the fields that provide several work opportunities. Considering that the number of students increase every year, the demand for teachers is greatly ascending. In line with this, there are education resume templates that showcase a variety of work opportunities for teachers and educators.
- High School and College Resume Templates – Indeed, even students can earn extra-income from providing educational services such as tutorial sessions, helping a person in making research projects, and many more. However, resumes, whether high school resume templates or sample college resumes are still relevant in cases like these because clients will still conduct background checking.
- Education Assistant Resume Templates – For those individuals who are rending support positions for educators, these templates are perfect for you. There are indeed teaching positions that would require the assistance of other personnel because of the demands of the job itself. In here, you need to showcase relevant work experiences in providing teaching support.
- Business Education Resume Templates – There are also graduates of business schools that want to pursue a teaching career. Any template, even the basic education resume in Word, can give you a hand in building your resume. In your resume, you need to emphasize the certifications that you may have to boost your credentials, relevant teaching experience, field of expertise in the field of business, honors and awards, and your special skills.
- Education Resume Cover Letter Templates – Consider the quality of your cover letter is a must in dealing with resumes. The features of your cover letter must be in accordance to the details you’ve provided in your resume. As much as possible, the cover letter must be brief and concise. Do not provide too much information so that the details would not overlap with your resume.
- Physical Basic Education Resume Templates – Physical education is in demand in most schools. You can use these templates to modify the structure of your resume and enrich them with relevant information.
Physical Education Resumes
Physical Education Resume Example
Physical Education Teacher
Physical Education Resume Format
Higher Education Resumes
Higher Education Administration
Higher Education Resume Sample
How About Creative Education Resumes?
Even if education resumes generally adopt a professional outline, creative and modern resume designs are still welcome in an education resume. Because of the developments in the cyber world, there are now online resumes, softwares that generate resumes, and other platforms. Here are some points that you may consider:
- Download and use high quality modern resume templates. If you want to stand out from the pack, improvising the structure of your resume is also a good approach that you can look into. Especially for fresher resumes, applicants should review and learn from high quality basic education resumes rather than starting from scratch. Furthermore, using templates can also save your time and resources.
- Link your professional social and business accounts to your resume – If you have online portfolios or published research articles and journals, you can provide links in your resume so that the employers can review them. Just ensure that the accounts are labeled professionally.
- Emphasize your resume headings – You may use resume designs and resume formats to emphasize your resume headings. Bear in mind that the headings and subheadings serve as a guide to employers in the course of screening your resume.
Special Education Teacher Resumes
Elementary Special Education Teacher
Special Education Pre-School Teacher
Special Education Assistant
Education Consultant Resumes
Special Education Consultant
Professional Education Resumes
Professional Higher Education Resume
Professional Education Resume Example
Professional Education Resume in PDF
About Education Cover Letters
As discussed in the preceding sections, the cover letter for professional education resumes must be well-written and comprehensive. It must introduce the applicant to the hiring managers in an engaging and professional manner. Consider the following tips:
- Make an initial draft. The draft will serve as a platform for you to input all your ideas. You don’t really need to worry about the formatting aspects. What is important is that you can finalize what you want to include in your cover letter especially the content for each paragraph.
- Convey your interests and desire to apply for the teaching position. At the outset, your intention to apply for the job must be evident. It must be expressly and clearly stated.
- Provide reasons why you are interested in the said position. Employers are looking forward to reading the reasons for your application. As you may notice in free education resumes, the reason for the application is not included in a resume. The perfect avenue for the said matter is the cover letter.
- Briefly enumerate your credentials. In here, you need to provide reasons why you are fit for the job. You can cite salient work-related experiences or specific accomplishments that you’ve acquired.