After having an engineering degree, you face the next step which is looking for a job. There are companies that you want to be associated with and jobs you dream of having. In order to impress the employers and get the position you want, a proper cover letter and resume is necessary.
There are different ways of achieving an effective resume. One way is following general resume formats which pertain to the common way of resume writing. Another way is incorporating a bit of creativity to the resume format. These engineer resume examples on this post will help you get started.
136+ Engineer Templates in Word, PSD, InDesign, Apple Pages, Publisher, Illustrator - START DOWNLOADING
Fresher Engineer Resume Template
Software Engineer Resume Template
Graduate Resume Template
Project Engineer Resume Template
Professional Resume Template
1. How to Write an Effective Resume
For a fresh graduate who has less work experience to indicate yet, here are the things to remember when writing an engineering resume:
- Choose which type of resume fits your needs. There are different types of resume you can use like functional, targeted and combination resume. The most common resume being used is the chronological type of resume.
- Write your correct contact details. Indicate the right contact information on your resume. This includes your address, contact number, and email address.
- Refer to sample resumes. To give you an idea of what a resume looks like, our website has basic resume templates and more specialized engineering resume templates you can view and download. You can use these samples as your guide.
- Indicate your skills and proficiency. For an engineer who is into designing and innovating, it is vital to write what you are good at on your resume. Software engineer resume templates show examples of technical skills that are written on engineering resumes.
- Detail educational and work background. Work experience may not apply to fresh graduates, but you can explain the internship and on-the-job training you have experienced. On another note, indicate the awards you have achieved and the best grades you have accomplished as a student.
- Affiliations and volunteer work. List related organizations you have joined and volunteer works you have done. You can check out these downloadable professional resume templates for visual samples you can browse through.
Civil Engineer Resume Template
Production Planning Control Engineer Sample
Embedded System Engineer Resume Template
Senior Technical Support Engineer Resume Template
Electrical Resume Template
Sample Resume for Engineering Students
2. 5 Tips in Writing an Engineering Resume
Engineers are associated with innovation and design. Thus, common resume formats might not look impressive to employers. Here are 5 tips to spruce up your engineering resume:
- Put your skills at a prominent position. For employers to see what you can do, you make your skills and abilities section easy to read.
- Write your work experience in an eventful way. Identify unique and impressive work you have done related to the position. Write more on what you did than on what your job description is.
- Proofread and format your resume. Make effort to check grammatical and typographical errors on your resume. Aside from that, use font types that enhance readability. Limit your resume to one to two pages.
- List educational background last. There are employers who do not check the educational attainment of an applicant and goes directly to the experiences and skills. For fresh graduates, you still need to write your educational attainment up front on your fresher engineer resume.
- Highlight capabilities on the summary. Resume objectives or summaries give an overview of your resume so it is important to create one that will show what you can do for them to check your resume.
Gaining the attention of employers to your resume is a priority when applying for a job. Therefore, it is essential to create a properly written and an honest resume in attaining the engineering job you vie for.