In dealing with an engineering resume, it must showcase the technical skills and knowledge of the engineer. It must be comprehensive and strategic at the same time. An engineer’s resume can take his or her career to various career opportunities.
To help you in improving and updating your engineering resume, we have here 54+ Engineering resume templates that are well-formatted and contain great content. They cater to various engineering fields such as mechanical engineering, civil engineering, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, and many more. If you’re still an aspiring engineering student and are planning for your internship, we also have internship resume templates for you.
Free Engineering Resume Templates
Free Engineering Sample
Free Engineering Example
Free Resume for Electrical Engineering
Professional Engineering Resume Templates
Guidelines in Formatting a Resume for Engineering Students
When it comes to resume, the specific backgrounds of the individual will truly count. You have to pattern your resume in a way that is favorable to you specifically your credentials. In line with this, here are some basic steps that engineering students can apply in writing their resumes:
- Stick to the general and formal guidelines. Being a student is not an excused. You still have to follow the same guidelines and consistency needed of a professional engineer. The variation would lie on how you will structure your resume what aspects to prioritize.
- Review the internship program or job position applied for. As a student, it is a good practice to review the position you are applying for. After your review, you can now pattern and structure your resume by using the reviewed job description as your benchmark.
- Always be true and honest. All of us aim to provide an outstanding resume. But faking and providing false accomplishments is not a perfect road to take. As an engineering student, be honest and genuine in emphasizing your skills.
- Put prime emphasis on your educational achievements. As a student, your edge is your academic experiences and achievements.
Check out these more generic Work Resume Templates if you want to build your resume from scratch (like the engineer who loves to build that you are). We also have specific engineering templates such as our Civil Engineer Resumes you could check out.
Software Engineering Resume Templates
Software Resume Example
Experienced Software Engineer
Software Engineering Internship
Software Engineering Example
Mechanical Engineering Resume Templates
Diploma Mechanical Resume
Mechanical Internship Cover Letter
Civil Engineering Resume Template
Civil Engineer Resume in PDF
Entry Level Civil Resume
Civil Engineering Skills Resume
Points You Should Not Include in Your Engineering Resume
According to CareerBuilder.com, recruitment officers receive an average of 75 resumes for each advertised vacant position per day. It can be a waste of time of resources on the part of the hiring officers if they will entertain every submitted resume. In line with this, they will screen the resumes and select the ones that truly stand out from the bunch. If you want to make the initial screening, here are some points you should not include in your resume based on consolidated research:
- Personal interests that are not relevant to the job. Adding irrelevant details about you will make your resume unprofessional and dragging. Remember that it is not about you. The core of your resume must be your professional competencies in order to suffice the advertised job position.
- Cluttered formatting. Always remember that the format of your resume is as good as its content, as what was emphasized by Amanda Agustine, a prominent career adviser. Avoid messy formatting.
- An unprofessional email address. We all know that we are fun of making fancy and creative email addresses. However, a resume is a formal and professional document. It is best to create a separate formal email address for work purposes.
- Names of your bosses and previous colleagues. As a general rule, you should not include your boss’s name unless they provided their full consent. After that, you can make necessary reference about them during the interview process.
- Previous salary details. Never provide your previous compensation details. It does not help. It can subject to negative interpretations on the part of the employers.
Speaking of resume’s structure and parts, you can check out our Mechanical Engineering Resumes samples that showcase some essential parts of a resume.
Electrical Engineering Resume Templates
Electrical and Electronic
Electrical Engineering Fresher
Electrical Engineering Sample
Biomedical Engineering Resume Templates
Biomedical Engineering Skills
Biomedical Resume Format
Biomedical Engineering Professor
Engineering Internship Resume Templates
Engineering Internship Sample
Engineering Internship Resume in PDF
Mechanical Engineering Internship
Chemical Engineering Internship
Engineering Manager Resume Templates
Senior Engineering Manager Resume in PDF
Software Engineering Manager
Project Engineering Manager
Engineering Manager Sample
How to Emphasize the Education Section in your Resume?
Provided that the engineering field is a technical one, formal education is definitely a must see in your resume. It is one of core and priority section. Listing your educational background is not enough.
In terms of placement, it would depend on your strategy and what is required by the hiring company. According to research, if you’re a beginner in the field or a fresh graduate, you can put your education accomplishments and background at the top of your work-related experiences. In this way, you can emphasize your academic achievement. If you’re an experienced engineering, you can put it under your work experiences as a way of supporting and supplementing it. As much as possible, include specific awards and honors as a proof of your diligence and passion for the said field.
Ways to Help you Write Your Work Experience in a Resume
Hiring managers mostly focus and review the applicant’s work experiences especially for Modern Executive Resumes such as supervisory and high-level engineering career positions. Here are some ways to effectively highlight your work experiences. Always substantiate that you will be a valuable asset to the company. If you’ve been efficient in providing positive and favorable results to your previous company which can be proved by awards and certificates, then the hiring officers will see you as a potential gem in the company.
For more specific examples, try out our Electrical Engineering Resumes samples and templates.
- 8+ Sample Functional Resumes
- 10+ Chronological Resume Templates
- Network Engineer Resume Template – 9+ Free Word, Excel, PDF, PSD Format Download!
Engineering Resume Cover Letter Templates
Civil Engineering Cover Letter
Mechanical Engineering Cover Letter
Engineering Internship Cover Letter
Graduate Engineering Cover Letter Sample
Computer Engineering Resume Template
Computer Science Engineering
Computer Engineering Internship
Computer Engineering Sample
Computer Engineer Cover Letter
Aerospace Engineering Resume Templates
Aerospace Engineering Sample
Aerospace Engineering Graduate
Aerospace Engineering Entry Level
Experienced Aerospace Engineer
Entry Level Engineering Resume Templates
Entry Level Civil Engineer
Entry Level Chemical Engineer
Entry Level Engineering Job
Engineering Graduate Resume Templates
Engineering Graduate Student
Engineering College Graduate
Engineering Graduate Fresher
Engineering Graduate Sample
Engineering Fresher Resume Templates
Engineering Fresher Resume in PDF
Engineering Fresher Resume in Doc
Engineering Fresher Sample
Sample Engineering Resume Templates
Free Sample Resume
Sample Civil Engineer
Sample Engineering Internship
Sample Mechanical Engineering
Sample Resume Cover Letter
Effective Tips for a Successful Engineering Resume
As an engineer, a certain level of expertise and professionalism is expected from you. You can freely engineer your resume to suit your current background and experience. Here are some easy and simple tips that will come in handy for you:
- Be keen and customize your resume to suit a targeted market. Rather than making general resumes for all prospective employers, come up with a specific and customize ones. It showcases your attention to details skills.
- Provide a list of projects. In the field of engineering, it is common that engineers deal with certain projects. If you want to, you can list your projects especially the ones that are successfully accomplished. Just provide a quick overview of such projects.
- Don’t provide too much information. Be concise and straightforward. Keep in mind that the quality of the resume does not depend on the number of pages of words in it. It is how professional and systematically prepared it is.
Speaking of tips, we also have guidelines and samples for Basic Engineering Resume and Chemical Engineer Resumes. Feel free to check them out.