The finance industry is a very broad field as there are different businesses that need the services of finance professionals. More so, there are different kinds of job positions that are involved in the processes of finance and accounting. One of the reasons why basic finance resume samples need to be well-formatted and professionally curated is that there are a lot of highly skilled applicants who are applying for the same finance positions.
Writing a targeted resume is the best option when applying for a finance work post. Creating a professional resume and formatting it, however, will still depend on your decision. Make the processes of curating a finance resume easier and faster by browsing through the downloadable samples available in this post.
Entry-Level Finance Resume Examples
Sample Entry-Level Finance Resume
Corporate Finance Resume
Corporate Finance Manager
1. Entry Level Work Positions in the Finance Industry
Even if the field of finance is a highly technical industry, they are still open in terms of accepting applicants who would like to immerse in the processes of finance and accounting without prior work experiences. If you want to start creating a career in the finance industry, here are some job positions that you may try applying for:
- Finance administrative officer
- Junior or entry level financial accountant
- Finance analyst. There are different kinds of financial analyst resumes depending on the nature of operations of the business where you will apply at.
- Corporate finance secretary
2. Tips for Making an Entry Level Finance Resume
Since you are applying for a rank-and-file position, here are some tips that you may follow if you will create an entry-level finance resume:
- Highlight your highest educational attainment, the relevance of your degree to the field of finance, the finance seminars and training programs that you have attended and the finance processes that you were able to do during your internship.
- Use finance resume templates formatted in a functional resume type so you can focus on your technical skills and abilities rather than your lack of professional work experiences.
- Make sure that your career objective will not only reflect your desire to grow as a professional but also how you can add value to your prospective employer.
Finance Manager Resume Examples
Senior Finance Manager Resume
Finance Officer Resume Examples
Chief Financial Officer
Finance Controller Resume
Finance Controller Resume Format
3. Skills and Expertise Listing in a Finance Resume
Since detail-oriented and highly-skilled individuals are most likely to be considered for a job interview within the field of finance, you need to make sure that your resume can provide information about your technical skills, abilities, and other areas of expertise.
Some of the skills and expertise that you may place in your finance resume sample include the following:
- Your knowledge of how to create, use, and adjust journal entries
- Your ability to execute account reconciliation, SWOT analysis, ratio analysis and financial documentation
- Your technical skills necessary for the preparation of financial statements, creditor and debtor schedules, and accounts payable/receivable transaction records
- Your ability to evaluate improvements in internal controls and office administration
Whether you are applying as a financial manager through the use of financial manager resumes or if you would like to be considered for a finance administrative assistant position, you need to make sure that your skills are given importance in terms of formatting your finance resume.
Having a comprehensive list of these items will allow you to possibly outshine your competitors which in turn is very beneficial for your application undertakings.
4. How to Create an Effective Finance Resume
Aside from assuring that you have a well-curated list of your areas of expertise and technical skills, here are some items that you may incorporate in the creation of your finance resume for the specified document to be as effective as possible:
- Always pay attention to details, especially in terms of assuring that your format is applied throughout your resume.
- Make sure that your finance resume can show your interest in the finance processes. Writing a thorough professional summary can help you with that. More so, your interest listing should also be aligned with the processes of finance.
- Include other experiences in the field of finance which are not associated with your previous work commitments. This can include the seminars and finance conventions that you were able to attend.
Finance Internship Resume
Corporate Finance Internship
Finance Internship Resume in PDF
Finance Director Resume Examples
Sample Finance Director Resume
Finance Associate Resume
Project Finance Associate
Corporate Finance Associate
Finance Associate Resume Sample
5. Steps in Writing an Appealing Finance Resume
When writing a targeted resume, your end goal for mind should always be getting the attention of your employer. One thing that you can do to have higher chances of achieving that is to assure that your finance resume is planned may it be in terms of its format and content.
The steps that you may follow in writing an appealing finance resume that can do wonders for your application include the following:
- Select from a variety of finance resume designs, formats, and templates so you can come up with the structure that you will use in making your finance resume.
- Create a resume header and a professional summary and place them on the initial part of your finance resume.
- Have a list of your professional work experiences in a reverse chronological order with your most current experience in the field of finance on top of the list.
- Collate all your qualifications and skills which you think are related to the business operations of the company where you are applying.
- Detail all the other deliverable that you can provide to the business.
- Your educational attainment may not be as necessary but it sure will give an additional impact if your degree is related to finance and accounting.
- Provide a list of references who should also be familiar with financial transactions and processes so the company may contact them for additional information and detail validation.
Finance Executive Resume Examples
Corporate Financial Sales Executive
Finance Account Executive
Senior Finance Executive
MBA Finance Resume
MBA Finance Resume in PDF
Finance Analyst Resume
Senior Finance Analyst
Finance Assistant Resume
Finance Administrative Assistant
Business Finance Resume
6. Guidelines in Making a Professional Finance Resume
If you think that we have already provided you with all the necessary information in the discussion above, you may have mistaken as we still have more items to discuss which can help in your preparation for an application in the field of finance. A few of the additional guidelines that you may follow in making a professional finance resume are listed below.
- Refer to the best finance resumes online so you can easily assess which finance resumes work well on different business operations. This will help you to further improve the finance resume that you will create.
- Do not be afraid to create basic finance resumes. Being direct to the point, specific, and precise with your discussion does not mean that your finance resume will be boring. Moreover, it can actually provide a sense of professionalism, which employers truly admire.
- Always make sure that the format of your professional finance resume is appropriate for the work post that you are applying for. Also, use font styles and sizes that are easy to understand, readable, and businesslike.
Remember that a finance resume (in Word), Excel or PDF is one of the items that can help you land on a job in the finance industry. Make sure to remember the items that we have provided you in this post as they can truly give you an easier time to curate an effective and efficient finance resume.