In the competitive world of job hunting, your curriculum vitae (CV) may just be your ticket to landing a job. Since there are maybe hundreds, if not thousands, of other applicants aiming to land the same position as you, a professional CV template is a great way to get you noticed by the hiring party.
In this article, we will provide you with vital information about curriculum vitae, as well as CV samples, which you can download from our website, Template.net. And since your CV is the first thing that a potential employer will see, we aim to make the first process of job hunting easier and less stressful for you.
3978+ Resume Templates - Microsoft Word (DOC), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator (AI) - START DOWNLOADING
Functional Consultant Curriculum Vitae
HR Curriculum Vitae
Analyst Curriculum Vitae
Structured Marketing CV
1. What Is a Functional CV and When to Use It
Did you know that there are three different types of CVs you can use? Those three types are chronological, functional CV, and combined. While most applicants are using the chronological CV when seeking a job, there are a unique set of reasons for using a functional CV.
A functional CV focuses more on an applicant’s skills and accomplishments. It is the perfect option for applicants:
- planning to make a complete career change,
- who want to hide gaps in their professional history,
- reenter the workforce, or
- who are frequently changing different types of jobs?
If you think that this type of CV is for you but are not confident to write your own, you can take a look through our vast collection of curriculum vitae examples, or if in case you are looking land in a legal services job, check out our legal curriculum vitae samples.
2. Writing a Functional CV
- List relevant skills and accomplishments for the position.
- Your strongest asset should be on top. You can also choose to subdivide them into groups so that the employer can easily see the skill that is right for the job.
- Use keywords from the job description for your subheadings or in the bulleted lists.
- Include projects relevant to the position you are applying.
- Write your professional history at the bottom of your resume.
You may also want to check our curriculum vitae template and business curriculum vitae or executive curriculum vitae samples after reading this article.
Accounting CV Sample
Executive CV Sample
Functional CV Format
3. Pros and Cons of a Functional CV
Just like other types of CVs, a functional CV template comes with a set of advantages and disadvantages
- Its format strategically hides long periods of unemployment.
- Great for new graduates, as well as career changers.
- Perfect for applicants seeking project-based or contractual employment.
- Easily captures impressive skills and accomplishments.
- The hiring party may get the wrong idea that the applicant is hiding something.
- Usually not accepted by headhunters.
- The process of writing of a functional CV is more difficult.
- Lack of experience
Choosing to submit a functional CV comes with challenges. That is why you will need a great functional CV template to hide its flaws effectively, and you can find them on our website, Template.net. We have the most professional functional CV which you can download and edit easily. Do forget to visit us and download our curriculum vitae samples and developer curriculum vitae for free!