The job industry continues to be more competitive, which is why using branding statements for resumes has been growing in popularity. This is mostly written at the top part of a professional resume. In this article, you will know more how to add a branding statement that will surely entice a potential hiring manager.
A branding statement is a brief and captivating statement that focuses on your most recent and relevant knowledge in roughly 20 words or fewer. You can further indicate your major skills and qualifications if you include a branding statement with a longer summary description.
1. Great Branding Statement – What’s in it?
Now, when it comes to crafting a simple resume, adding a branding statement can greatly help if you want to stand out from other applicants. It will surely give you an advantage.
Creating a good branding statement can make your resume more captivating compared to the usual ones. This will also give you an edge in impressing potential employers.
- Describe and impart your skills. An effective and great branding statement expresses outstanding qualifications, skills, and experiences that will distinguish you from the typical job applicants. When making a branding statement, make sure it would express how you include value and its respective outcome. It should also be tailored to a job that you are applying for.
- Consider taking a summarized statement. Include a summarized list of your accomplishments during your most relevant experience. Create a note of the personal assets that lead to those successes. You also need to analyze the requirements of your target job.
- Describe your strengths. In this, you need to select three or four adjectives that best describe your key strengths. Gather all the adjectives with your desired job position an tailor it to the detail that you will include.
2. How to Make a Branding Statement
Regardless if it’s a basic resume, adding a branding statement can indeed bring your resume to a whole new level.
Generally, there is no particular formula in making a branding statement. However, there are three major elements that you need to remember when making one. Adding these will ensure success to your resume.
These are the following aspects that you need to consider for an effective branding statement.
- Professional Values. This plays a huge role in how each one of us functions in this world, as well as in the different decisions that we make. One can’t last long in a working environment that contravenes his or her core values. This part should answer the question “what are your top professional values?”.
- Professional Goals and Ambitions. When looking for a job, it is not about the present time. Job seekers want a position that will last a few years or more. There should be progress in the career that allows you to specialize in a certain section of the industry.
- Past Experience in Relation to Your Goals. Your resume will show essential details regarding your professional experience(s). When making your branding statement, it should display how certain past experiences mirror your inner values and your smart goals in the future.
Companies need branding strategies to stamp their name and products permanently onto the minds of their clients. Apply the same strategy to your job application.