Most of the companies today are employing different software to ensure that daily operations run smoothly and efficiently; therefore, employers often seek the services of an IT specialist. And while there are a lot of employers who want to work for them, it is still highly important to send an effective resume for your job application.
Since we all know that there are hundreds of other applicants seeking to acquire the same position in the same company you’re applying, it is highly important to make the hiring party notice your application samples by sending them a professional resume.
Information Technology Generalist Resume Template
Information Technology Coordinator Resume Template
Information Technology Project Manager Resume Template
Information Technology Operations Manager Resume Template
Free Software Developer Resume
Free Professional Developer Resume Template
IT Business Analyst Resume
Information Technology Consultant Resume
IT Leadership Resume
Entry Level IT Resume
1. Elements Significant for a Great IT Resume
It does not matter if you are a fresh college graduate or a professional IT specialist with a number of experience in the field. If you don’t know how to make a great resume, it would not do your application any favor. But before writing a resume, it is highly essential that you know the different key elements that makes a resume great.
- Objectives – You don’t just say that you have a decade of experience working as an IT specialist. If you think that is impressive, well, it’s not. Your objectives should be a summary of your professional experiences that match the requirements set by the employer.
- Core competencies – This is where you write down all your skills, experience, and knowledge in the field.
- Relevant experiences – This section should highlight the accomplishments and contributions you have while working in the field.
- Education – List the degree you’ve earned, as well as the institutions and dates attended.
Before we proceed, check out these resume format samples and/or work resume templates on our website.
2. Tips for Writing a Great Resume
Oftentimes, the hiring party does not have time to read the whole resume content. According to experts, most of them only scan it for 25 seconds. So what’re your chances of getting noticed?
- Use the proper format and use bullets to highlight the important points.
- Focus on accomplishments rather than the job descriptions because most employers are looking for people who can solve problems.
- Sell your skills and strengths relevant to the job. Avoid making too many claims.
- Proofread your resume for any spelling and grammatical errors.
You may also want to browse through our MAC resume templates and basic resume template for more choices.
IT Lecturer Resume
Professional IT Resume in Word
IT Specialist Resume
Information Technology Resume Sample
IT Executive Director Resume
Information Technology Postgraduate Resume
Information Technology Manager Resume
3. Mistakes to Avoid
- Lack specifics – It is important to give a clear picture of your accomplishments as an IT specialist. Detailing your accomplishments can effectively catch an employer’s attention.
- Overloaded information – Writing irrelevant details in your resume is considered to be the biggest mistake an applicant can make.
- Ignoring keywords – A lot of times, resumes are reviewed electronically before the hiring party get the chance to read them. That’s why you need to use the keywords provided in the job description so that the hiring software can spot them.
Keep these things always in mind and you will surely get your dream job position. Make sure to visit Template.net and download our resume formats in Word and creative resume templates for free to help you get to step 1.