With the increasing developments in the field of information technology, more and more individuals are drawn to the IT industry. According to research, there is an increasing number of job applicants who are applying to the field of Information technology. If you’re one of them, then you’re in the right page. You may also see Resume Samples.
The IT resume templates will help you improve the quality and content of your resume. You can get ideas as to what headings and subheadings to use, general resume types for IT applicants, what information you should not include, the essential components of your IT resume, and some basic resume guides and principles.
Assembler Programmer Resume Template
Applications Programmer Resume Template
ASP Programmer Resume Template
ASP.Net Programmer Resume Template
IT Resume Template
Professional IT Resume Templates
Professional IT Manager Resume
Professional IT Project Manager Resume
IT Manager Resume Templates
IT Program Manager Resume
Senior Product Manager Resume
1. What Points to Consider in Writing an IT Resume?
For those who are planning to work in the IT industry, you need to consider that information technology is a broad field. It is multi-dimensional in character. You may take into account the following considerations.
- You should have the technical skills and expertise. Unless you’re an entry-level IT specialist, you need to take to showcase your technical skills, expertise, and knowledge. You may mention relevant certifications to justify your claims. IT resume samples clearly provide a breakdown as to how technical skills are enumerated and systematically positioned in a resume.
- You should suffice the educational background required. Most IT job posts require a minimum level of academic attainment. Make sure that your resume format perfectly lay out the progression of your IT studies.
- You should include a career summary. A well-written career summary, that is provided in an IT resume template, can open doors of career opportunities for you. Your career summary should include both your hard and soft skills. Hard skills would refer to your technical knowledge of the said field. On the one hand, soft skills would refer to your leadership skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills or other skills that are significant because they support the performance of your work.
IT Executive Resume Examples
Executive Assistant Resume
IT Programmer Resume Samples
Sample Entry Level IT Programmer Resume
IT Programmer Resume in PDF
2. IT Positions and Samples
In choosing the IT resume design that suits the IT position you’re applying for, you need to know and consider how the other professional IT templates function as well, in cases that you’ll be needing them in the future.
- IT Manager Resume Examples – As an aspiring IT manager, the applicant must tailor fit his or her resume to the branch of IT he or she would be dealing with. These templates showcase examples of core qualifications and strengths of an IT project manager, senior product manager, and many more. As much as possible, emphasize your areas of expertise.
- IT Executive Resume Examples – This position requires highly-experienced IT professionals. You should have a holistic knowledge on the field of information technology and can deliver comprehensive and integrated IT solutions and frameworks.
- IT Programmer Resume Examples – If you’re planning to apply for a programmer position, your resume should be as logical and systematic as the codes that you’ll be creating. Great programmers have high attention to details and good in formatting and sorting important details. Showcase these skills of yours in crafting your own resume and IT cover letter. For entry-level programmers, you need to emphasize your technical qualifications which may come from training and academic-related courses such as specific types of programming languages, operating systems, and database management.
- IT Business Analyst Resume Samples – An IT business analyst in a company is tasked to manage and monitor the company’s computer and data system. For applicants, you should showcase your computer proficiency, analytical thinking, and other specific technical expertise.
- IT Application and Web Developer Resume Templates – As an aspiring developer, the applicant must his or her expertise in web and application design. These templates also include pertinent keywords to give more flavor and substance to your resume.
IT Administrator Resume
IT Server Administrator Resume
Network & System Administrator Resume
IT Business Analyst Resume
Senior IT Business Analyst Resume
IT Business Consultant Resumes
Business Consultant Resume
Business Process Consultant Resume
3. What Not To Include in Your IT Resume
In writing an IT resume, you need to accept the fact that there are information that must not be seen or read in a resume. Basic resume format templates avoid these information because its confidential or inappropriate.
- A pure enumeration of your previous job descriptions – As you may observe, some sample IT resumes contain job descriptions. However, the job descriptions were written in a manner gives employers an idea of how your acquired experiences based on those descriptions can help the former attain their visions and smart goals. A mere enumeration is a big “No” in dealing with resumes.
- Personal information – These would refer to the applicant’s religion, race, political view or affiliation, and many more. Sensitive information must be excluded in your resume.
- Reasons for your previous resignations – In applying for a new job, it is inappropriate to add the reasons behind your resignation in your resume. You may mention the reasons during the interview, but not in outlining the content of your resume.
- Your weak credentials – Common sense would dictate that your weaknesses and frustrations are not welcome in your resume. You should focus more on what you can offer to the company.
IT Developer Resume
Senior IT Developer Resume
Experienced Software Developer Resume
Junior Software Developer Resume
IT Recruiter Resume
Senior Technical Recruiter Resume
4. What Employers Are Looking Forward to in Your IT Resume?
After knowing the details that you need to avoid in the course of writing your resume, you need to take into account the resume details that employers mostly look forward to.
- Targeted and specific resume format and content – Employers are mostly impressed by resumes that are customized and tailored fit for a particular job position. This will show that you took time researching their company and made modifications on your resume thereafter to suit the company’s preferences. IT resumes in PDF and other general resume templates only serve as your reference because, at the end of the day, you need to incorporate your personal touch in it.
- Modernized and updated resume – Especially for IT applicants, hiring managers have high expectations as to the format, structure, and overall quality of the resume. Modern IT Resumes and other modern resume templates can help you in learning how to incorporate modern elements in your resumes such as your business online and professional social media accounts. You can use them in directing the employers to your very own blogs, websites, and portfolios.
- Dashing IT cover letter – The quality of your resume should be at par with your cover letter. Bear in mind that your cover letter introduces and summarizes the details of your resume.