Creating a professional resume can be a more tedious task if you are applying for a managerial position. When applying for this work position, your resume need not only present your strengths as an individual but also on how you can work with and handle groups. A manager resume can be used in different industries and fields of expertise as most businesses need managers to oversee the workforce and operations.
Writing a one page resume can be your option if you would like to squeeze in all information about your professional experiences and qualifications in a single page document. Moreover, you can also use nontraditional and modern designs in creating your professional manager profile. Refer to the samples and templates available for download in this post if you need to have guides in making your own manager resume.
Account Manager Resume Templates
Assistant Account Manager
Senior Account Manager
Accounts and Finance Manager
Project Manager Resume Template
Assistant Project Manager
Items to Highlight in a Manager Resume
Whether it is an operations manager resume or any other kind of manager that you will make, expect that employers would like to see more in a manager resume in terms of qualifications and competencies compared to those resumes used by applicants who would like to be considered for either a supervisory or a rank-and-file work position. Some of the things that you can focus on in manager resume examples include the following:
- The managerial functions that you were able to execute. The job functions that you have done during your previous managerial undertakings can provide an impression on how you handle a team and the situations your subordinates are involved in. More so, this can showcase your professionalism in relation to handling operations and its needs.
- Your professional work experiences in the industry. It is very important for you to be fully aware of the items that are attached to the operations of the business and the industry where it belongs. Having a wide range of product knowledge will allow you to create objective resolutions for the existing developmental needs of a company where you would like to be a manager.
- The results that you have provided to/for a team. You need to provide output not only based on your own work requirements but also with regards to the improvement of the performance of your team. More so, you need to present the goals that have been achieved by the management while you are still in the managerial position of your previous employer.
Sales Manager Resume Templates
Sales Account Manager
Market Sales Manager
Sales Assistant Manager
IT Manager Resume Templates
Senior IT Manager
Assistant IT Manager
IT Project Manager
Marketing Manager Resume Templates
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Digital Marketing Manager
Marketing Account Manager
Inclusions of a Manager Resume
A manager resume sample should be impressive enough for you to be considered by a company for employment among all the other strong applicants who would like to get the same managerial position that you applied for. You can write a well-curated manager resume by including these items in your professional profile:
- Provide a precise and updated contact details. You need to make sure that you have your contact number and e-mail address in your manager resume. This will allow employers to contact you easily with regards to the updates of your application. Also, make sure that your e-mail address is corporate looking and contains just your full name as your user name as much as possible.
- Use a professional profile rather than a career objective. Since you are already applying for a managerial position, your manager profile should have an introductory message that is fit for your experiences and expertise. As an example, retail manager resumes should have a career objective that can showcase the experiences of the candidate in the retail industry and how he/she was able to manage the efficiency of both the workplace and the workforce.
- List down your professional work experiences. A chronological resume will be best suited in making a manager resume as it highlights your industry experiences.
- Provide information about your competencies and technical skills. Managers need to always be alert, especially at times when sudden decisions need to be created. Your skills and abilities will help the employers identify whether you can work accordingly.
HR Manager Resume Templates
Assistant HR Manager
HR Project Manager
HR Recruitment Manager
Retail Manager Resume Templates
Assistant Retail Manager
Retail Store Manager
Retail Operation Manager
Operations Manager Resume Templates
Bank Operations Manager
Sales Operations Manager
Sample Assistant Operation Manager
Importance of Management Skills for Managerial Applications
The professional work experiences of a candidate is not the only factor that is being weighed by employers. If you are applying for a managerial position, your manager resume should also present your management skills. Some of the reasons why it is important for management skills to be present in the professional profile of an applicant vying for a managerial post are as follows:
- Management skills can showcase the specific line of work that an applicant is good at. This way, employers can fully see and identify whether the candidate is fit for the managerial position that he/she is applying for. Project manager resumes, for one, needs to focus on the project outputs that an applicant was able to achieve during his/her previous employment.
- The management skills that a candidate has can give an impression of the education and programs that the candidate undertook through industry experiences. Showcasing your management skills can be very helpful in providing the expertise that you were able to master because of the issues that you were able to resolve and face during your employment.
- Your management skills can reflect your ability to manager a team, supervise the operations and delegate the tasks that is helpful in achieving the goals and objectives of the business. Listing your management skills in a free manager resume can provide an idea about your strengths, skills, qualities, and characteristics. These items are very important in terms of team organization and coordination.
Assistant Manager Resume Templates
Restaurant Assistant Manager
Office Assistant Manager
Property Assistant Manager
Administrative Manager Resumes
School Administrative Manager Resume
Executive Administrative Assistant & Office Manager
Medical Administrative Manager
Business Development Manager Resumes
Senior Business Development Manager
Sample Real Estate Business Development Manager
Business Development Assistant Manager
Construction Manager Resumes
Assistant Construction Manager
Residential Construction Manager
Construction Project Manager
Contract Manager Resumes
Senior Contract Manager
Contract Project Manager
Cover Letter for Contract Manager
Guidelines in Writing a Manager Resume
A manager resume can be intimidating to create at first because of the expectations that people have when browsing this document. However, there are some guidelines that can help you make the job easier. Some of the tips that you may follow in creating a manager resume are listed below.
- Browse through and download other professional manager resumes for references. Having a guide in creating your manager resume can make it faster for you to come up with a document that is effective during applications.
- Capitalize with your qualifications. Make sure that you select keywords that can give an impact on your professional experiences. More so, arrange your professional work experiences and core skills in a chronological order with the most current work post and the most needed competency on top of the listing.
- Always be organized. You should always be consistent with the layout that you will use. This will allow for a smooth flow of information, which can generate good reviews from the people reviewing your resume.
- Have a manager position in mind. If you want to be hired as a manager, you need to make sure that you can deliver the requirements of the managerial position open for employment. As an example, product manager resumes should focus more on the abilities and experiences with regard to product creation and development, branding, and product advertising.
These guidelines will allow you create an effective and comprehensive manager resume that will be highly-usable in your applications.