A professional marketing resume is used by an applicant who would like to get hired for a particular marketing position. There are already a lot of industries who need the services and expertise of marketing professionals as a great and usable marketing program and plan execution can heavily impact the sales growth and brand development of a business.
We have collected a number of marketing resume templates and samples that you can refer to when you draft a marketing resume that is suitable for the position you will be applying for. Make sure to select the applicable template that is relevant to the work post that you are targeting.
320+ Marketing Templates in PDF, Word, Excel, PSD, HTML5, WordPress, Google Docs, PowerPoint, InDesign, Apple Pages, Google Sheets, Publisher, Apple Numbers, Illustrator, Apple Keynote, Google Slides - START DOWNLOADING
Digital Marketing Resume Templates
Digital Marketing Manager
Digital Marketing Specialist
Digital Marketing Executive
Sales and Marketing Resume Templates
Sales and Marketing Coordinator
1. Guidelines for Creating an Effective and Well-Curated Marketing Resume
A marketing resume should be the document that can showcase how you can market a product, in this case, yourself. You need to be able to present yourself in an organized and striking manner to assure that the hiring personnel will take notice on the resume that you have submitted.
A few guidelines that you may follow if you would like to create an appealing and comprehensive marketing resume include these items:
- Specify the position that you want to apply for. Just like in the processes of marketing, you need to know where you would like to go and what you want to achieve. Being precise with the job position that you would like to get only means that you are aware of the items that you can deliver and the things that are already in your set of skills and expertise.
- Highlight your skills, competencies, abilities, and talents that can be used in the field of marketing. More so, provide details on your knowledge on how to fully implement these items depending on the situation that you need to face.
- Cite your knowledge in marketing analytics, processes, systems, and programs. You need to make sure that you will list down samples of these items especially in relation to the job position that you are applying for.
- Indicate exactly what it is you can deliver. List your value proposition and the marketing activities that you have already been a part of in the marketing resume template that you will use. You can discuss your marketing roles in the different work posts that were given to you and how you were able to cope up with these roles by providing the enumeration of your accurate marketing achievements.
Alternatively, you can also:
- Use any of the downloadable templates in this post. It will be easier for you to create a marketing resume if you are guided by a template. Choose one that can showcase how a typical marketing resume document formatted and put together.
- Identify the resume structure and marketing resume format that will work best with your qualifications. Give focus on your strengths and put them on the top part of your resume. Make sure to always be organized. Retain consistency all throughout the resume by following the same format that you have showcased on the initial page or part of your resume.
Business Marketing Resume Templates
Marketing Business Analyst
Business Marketing Student
Marketing Analyst Resume Templates
Digital Marketing Analyst
Marketing Research Analyst
Marketing Manager Resume Templates
Assistant Marketing Manager
Marketing Director Resume Template
Marketing Director Sample Resume
2. Can I Be Hired in the Field of Marketing?
Before creating your marketing resume, you first need to know that there are a variety of marketing work functions that require specific qualifications from applicants. A few ways on how you can identify the marketing work position that is appropriate for your professional qualities and competencies are as follows:
- Identify the platform or medium that is commonly associated with the work position. This will help you to assess whether the particular work position can provide you the appropriate medium to work on. There are marketing positions that are focused on events planning and handling while there are also some that are given the opportunity to work on online platforms, like social media and company websites.
- Assess your qualifications and professional work experiences. Make sure that you will be as honest to yourself as possible. This will help you to find the proper marketing work position where your qualifications best fit. Remember that the marketing industry needs individuals who are always updated with trends, communicable, creative, professional and accepting of the changes that usually happens within the industry in different periods of time.
- Think of the marketing processes and functions that you can deliver. You need to make sure that you can provide the marketing needs of the business. Creating a resume allows you to showcase your skills, abilities, talents, and areas of expertise which the business can use in achieving their marketing objectives and goals.
- Identify whether you can work at a supervisory level or you need to start from a rank-and-file or fresher marketing post. Properly identifying your qualifications can help you to have higher chances of being interviewed and being considered for the job especially if you have applied on the job post that fits you based on the organizational structure of the business.
3. Kinds of Marketing Professional Work Positions
To help you in selecting the marketing work position that you may try to target, we have listed a few samples of job positions that are usually open for employment in the field of marketing. A few kinds of marketing professional work positions are as follows:
- A digital marketing manager is tasked to assure that the company will have an exemplary online presence and that the online reputation of the business is well managed. Most digital marketing managers are in-charge of supervising the uploading of online content that can help the online pages of the business to get more online traffic.
- A digital marketing specialist is commonly hired by companies to provide support to the online activities of the business. This position is given the power to provide direction to the online marketing undertakings of the business in particular periods of time.
- A sales and marketing director is the head of the sales and marketing department. Since the department of sales and marketing are co-related, there are some companies who tend to put the two departments in the same wing for the easier implementation of the programs of the two departments. The main task of a sales and marketing director is to ensure the smooth flow of the sales and marketing activities of the business.
Marketing Executive Resume Templates
Marketing Sales Executive
Marketing Account Executive
Marketing Assistant Resume Templates
Marketing Executive Assistant
Marketing Internship Resume Templates
MBA Marketing Internship
Sample Marketing Internship
Marketing Internship Resume Cover Letter
Marketing Coordinator Resumes
Marketing Project Coordinator
Marketing Event Coordinator
4. Suggestions in Writing a Senior Marketing Resume
A senior marketing resume may be used by employees who wanted to apply for a high position in terms of the organizational structure of a business marketing department. Marketing managers and supervisors can fully get the benefit of using this kind of resume. If you are planning to apply for a senior marketing post, a few guidelines that you may follow include these items:
- Specify the number of years that you have work in the marketing industry. The longer it is that you have immersed yourself in the processes and activities involved in the field of marketing, the more additional value that you can provide to the business especially in terms of connections and marketing knowledge and expertise.
- Highlight the companies where you have worked for. Provide details on your previous companies’ standing in terms of industry standards and how it is related to the nature of operations and business processes that the company that you are applying at is practicing. More so, the information of your previous companies will allow your target employer to identify whether you have worked in the same industry where the business belongs. This will also help them to identify whether you have worked with the target market of the company already.
- Be sure to include the job functions that you have been exposed to. The company for which you want to work should be aware of what you can bring to the table and how you can be an added value to the company’s operations. Marketing activities are very essential to be keenly viewed as it can affect the branding, reputation, and market standing of the company.
- If you use a senior or executive marketing resume, you need to ensure that you marketing yourself properly. It is very essential for employees in this managerial or supervisory marketing work positions to have relevant work experiences and background in the variety of different tasks and undertakings unique to the marketing industry. Let your prospective employer see why you deserve the position that you are applying for.
- Lastly, your work resume must list down the job positions that you have already handled in the marketing industry. There are different branches of marketing and you need to showcase which marketing processes those are that you are aware of executing. It will be very helpful if you already have supervisory and managerial experiences as a part of the work functions of a marketing senior or executive position is to handle people within the department and oversee the entire marketing operations of the business on a daily basis.
Whether you are applying for a senior work position or an entry-level position, make sure that your resume template can help you get the attention of the people who will review your marketing resume.