8+ Minimalist Resume Templates
For those of you who intend on applying for a job, then the best thing to send potential employers would be a resume that contains all the information that they need to learn about you. While there are those that want to get creative with their resumes, there are those who want to get straight to the point in regards to what they want to point out about themselves.
This is where a minimalist resume template comes in very handy as it allows you to focus on what you want to share in the fastest way possible. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to come up with one.
Elements of a Minimalist Resume
If you plan on making any type of resume, then you should know that there are a couple of elements that you must never forget to include. The reason as to why you’ll need them is because they’re the reason why you’ll be able to present the information you want to show to potential employers.
With that in mind, here are the basic elements that have to be included in a good minimalist resume:
1. Personal Information: It’s here where you’ll want to point out your complete name as well as a short description of yourself. Also, you’ll have to share your contact information so that should the employer wish to contact you about a job offer or interview, then all he/she has to do is to use what you’ve provided.
2. Education: It’s here where you’ll have to point out the information in regards to the information that you have managed to attain. Make sure to include the schools that you’ve gone to, the level of education that you’ve managed to acquire, and the year that you’ve graduated.
3. Work Experience: It’s possible that you might have previous work experience or that you’ve done anything that relates to the job that you wish to take on. If so, then you should definitely list them all down into the resume.
4. Skills: Whatever skills that you’ve managed to develop from a previous job or ones that you naturally have should be written into the document. What kind of skills you’ll want to include will depend on the type of job that you wish to apply for.
5. Activities and Hobbies: These are something that you’ll want to include so that your resume has a more personal element in it. Point out things that you enjoy doing, but only ones that are appropriate for conversations.
6. References: These are the people that employers will be contacting to verify whatever information you’ve provided in your resume. It’s here where you’ll need to provide the names and contact information of the people you wish to have as your references.
8+ Minimalist Resume Samples
Minimal BPO Resume Template
Minimalist Android Developer Resume
Minimalist Infographic Resume Template
Available File Formats
Minimalist Resume Design
Free Minimalist Resume Template
Bold Minimalist Resume
Minimalist Resume Template With Photo
Minimalist Graphic Design Resume
How to Make a Minimalist Resume
Now that you’ve learned about the basic elements of a minimalist resume, then the next thing that you’re going to have to do is to learn how you should go about in making one. There are some people who have no idea as to how they should go about in doing so, leading to their resumes lacking the information that’s desired by employers.
So to prevent that from happening, here are the steps that will help you come up with a proper minimalist resume:
1. Make Sure to Write Down All of Your Personal Information Right: The first thing that you’ll be doing when coming up with a resume is to point out exactly who you are. An employer who might be impressed by your experience will want to know your complete name as well as how to contact you.
First, start with your name. Be sure to include your first name, last name, and middle initial so that there won’t be any questions in regards to your identity.
Next, provide your contact details. It’s best that you place both your phone number and email address so that the employer has more than one way to contact you.
Lastly, you should definitely consider adding a photo of yourself. These should be just headshots as all you want to show us what your face looks like for easy identification. Although you don’t have to do this, it’s best that you place one so that the employer can familiarize your looks.
2. Point Out Your Education and Work Experience: It’s here where you’ll be focusing on what employers will definitely want to go through to determine whether or not you’re fit for the job. You’ll want to start with your education as that will tell if you have the knowledge to even handle the duties and responsibilities that need to be fulfilled.
Again, you’ll want to point out details such as the schools you went to, the year you’ve graduated from them, and the level of education that you’ve managed to attain. It’s also best that you include any academic achievements that you have gained during the entirety of your educational period.
Next is that you’ll have to point out any work experience that you have. Depending on what you’re applying for, sometimes it’s best that you only include the previous job experiences that are directly related to the one that you’re applying for. Just make sure that you share details such as the name of the previous company, the job title that you previously held, and date in which you started and ended your term of employment.
3. Share the Rest of the Information that Will Let Employers Learn More About You: Once you’re done with sharing your job experience and education, then next is to point out your skills an hobbies. While skills have may have a direct influence as to whether or not you get the job, hobbies are just there to show employers as to what you’re like as a person. Either way, both are important as it will give the employer an idea as to what type of employee you can be should you be hired.
Remember that there are times where you’ll only want to share certain skills and hobbies that will help you get the job. Choose the ones that are appropriate when writing them down.
Minimalist Resume Tips
- Make sure everything is brief: The point of having a minimalist resume is so that you can point out all of the information in a manner that’s straight to the point in a short amount of time. So keep things brief but concise so that you can share everything that you need to in the quickest way possible.
- Never Lie: The last thing that you want to have happened is for an employer to spot that you’ve provided false information in your resume. Always stick with the facts as that’s always better than getting caught lying.
- Check for any mistakes: Another thing that you should always make sure to avoid is to send an employer an unpolished resume. You should always proofread and edit your work to guarantee that there aren’t any mistakes. So what you should do is to go through the resume at least twice so that you can make the necessary corrections immediately.
Types of Minimalist Resumes
If you’re going to make one, then know that there are a couple of different types that could potentially help you get the job that you’re after. It’s best that you learn what they are so that you can figure out which ones you should make for the appropriate situation. So here are a few examples:
- 3 Piece Minimalist Resume
- Minimalist Resume and Cover Letter
- Minimalist Clean Resume
- Minimalist Bold Resume
Should you wish to learn more about the other types, then you simply need to go through our site so that you can get the information you need.
Minimalist Resume FAQs
How Do I Make One?
There are so many different types of programs that you can use to help you out, the one commonly being used until today being Word programs. Know that it’s only a matter of choosing the one that has the tools that can help you, as well as whether you feel as if you’ll have an easy time using it.
Is There an Easy Way to Make One?
Yes. All you have to do is to download a minimalist resume template, open it with the program that you’ve managed to install and make all of the changes that you want until you’re happy. If you like, you can use the templates that are available in this article.
Although coming up with a resume may not always be the easiest thing to do, it’s something that needs to be learned if you ever wish to properly apply for a job. So be sure that you are able to make the most out of the information that has been presented in this article to guarantee that you are able to learn everything that you need to.