Applying for a job position in the field of finance and accounting can be a tough task due to the competition that is present in the industry. There are specific requirements and qualifications that need to be met by candidates before they can even be compared to their competitors.
Whether it is a financial manager resume or an administrative finance assistant resume that you will create, referring to a template will make it easier for you to create a professional finance profile that you may use for your application in the finance industry. Select from the downloadable finance resume templates that we have collected in this post.
Simple Finance Resume Template
Business Finance Resumes
Business Finance Analyst Resume
MBA Finance Resumes
MBA Finance Fresher
MBA Finance Resume in PDF
MBA Finance Sample
1. How Important Are Expertise When Making a Finance Resume?
Since the finance industry is a technical field, presenting your areas of expertise can provide a lot of advantages in your application samples. Some of the benefits that you may get when you have appropriately presented your technical skills, knowledge areas, and competencies include the following:
- A list of your areas of expertise can support your professional work experiences. This means that you can supply the information about the things that you have learned from your previous finance works.
- A list of your areas of expertise can set you apart from your competitors. Since there are a lot of qualified applicants in the field of finance, you need to make sure that you have an additional strength that you can showcase to employers. A financial analyst resume needs to highlight your ability to analyze and predict certain outcomes.
- Being able to show your expertise can reflect the scope of your knowledge on a variety of finance areas and processes. The field of finance is composed of different interlinked procedures that require people to be aware of financial systems and accounting terms. Listing your areas of expertise can show how knowledgeable you are of the work functions that will be given to you should you be hired.
Entry-Level Finance Resumes
Entry-Level Accounting and Finance
Corporate Finance Resumes
Corporate Finance Manager
Executive Corporate Finance Resume
Finance Manager Resumes
Finance Project Manager
Finance Account Manager
Finance Assistant Manager
2. What Should I Put in my Areas of Expertise?
Aside from your professional work experiences, your areas of expertise will be one of the most evaluated parts of your finance resume. If you are planning to apply in the finance industry, here are some areas of expertise that you may focus on when curating the content of your finance resume example:
- Your expertise in auditing procedures
- Your ability to implement development strategies in budget allocation
- Your knowledge of financial planning
- Your ability to create financial strategies necessary for the development of the accounting and finance processes of a business
- Your knowledge areas of finance and accounting standards
- Your ability to execute profit and loss management
- The items that you know about the needed legal finance compliance
- Your relevant knowledge with regards to cash flow management
3. Kinds of Finance Resumes
There are variations in terms of the content, finance resume designs, and layout of the professional profiles used by applicants depending on the job position that they are targeting. The field of finance needs employees with different functions and line of expertise for the entire finance processes of businesses and other establishments to smoothly flow.
A few samples of specific finance and accounting resumes include the following:
- A financial consultant resume contains information about the competencies and qualifications of a candidate who would like to immerse himself/herself in providing necessary consultations with different clients needs especially with regards to savings, insurance, and investments.
- An auditor resume is a finance resume that can be used by an applicant whose main line of expertise is related to the verification of fund management and financial and accounting statements.
- A loan officer resume is a kind of resume that is specifically created to showcase the expertise of an individual to evaluate and recommend different kinds of loan applications. Loan office resumes must also contain details about the ability of a candidate to discuss different kinds of loans and financial agreements.
Finance Analyst Resumes
Senior Finance Analyst
Finance Executive Resumes
Finance Executive Assistant
Finance Sales Executive
4. How to Write a Finance Resume
Writing a finance resume is one of the initial steps that you need to focus on during the early stages of your application. As much as possible, you need to make sure that you will create the best finance resume that can reflect your professionalism, work ethics, skills, and work experiences.
Follow these steps when writing a finance resume:
- Include a list of your areas of expertise, achievements in the field of finance, your technical skills, and other necessary items which you think can help you get the attention of your prospective employer.
- Start by putting your basic contact information on top of the resume and follow it with either a career objective or a resume profile.
- Assess your qualifications relevant to the processes in the field of finance.
- Use entry level resume examples if you still lack work experiences and skill sets needed for various job post open for employment.
- On the other hand, you may use supervisory and managerial resumes if you think that your competencies are already enough for you to qualify on higher positions.
- Use templates as your references in making a finance resume. This will allow you to properly format the content of your document.
- Write down your professional work experiences in a reversed chronological order where your most recent work post must be on top of the list.
- End the document by listing references that can validate the content that you have written in your finance resume.
Finance Internship Resume
MBA Finance Internship
Finance Officer Resumes
Project Chief Finance Officer
Senior Finance Executive Officer
Finance Assistant Resumes
Finance Assistant Cover Letter
Junior Finance Assistant
Finance Associate Resumes
Project Finance Associate
Finance Associate Resume Sample
5. Guidelines in Creating an Effective Finance Resume
Without you physically presenting yourself and the deliverable that you can give to a prospective employer, your resume must be able to present your ability to be an effective employee. Some of the guidelines that you may follow in creating a basic finance resume are listed below.
- As much as possible, use finance and accounting keywords in your discussion. It will be helpful if the employers will be aware of what you are talking about and how familiar you are with the processes in the industry.
- Keep in mind that the field of finance has different branches. With this, it will depend on you on whether you will create a targeted resume or you would like to explore in different opportunities that you may take in the industry. More so, you can also create internship resumes if you want to apply for a finance and accounting practicum training program.
- If there are any, it will be helpful if you will list your certifications relevant to the finance industry.
- Make sure that you will emphasize your accomplishments, which include your background in finance and accounting. You should be able to present the finance processes that you were able to execute which a provided a positive impact on your previous employers.
Being able to present yourself well in your resume can provide an initial positive impact which can be helpful in getting the attention employers in the finance industry.