A resume serves as the professional profile of a candidate who would like to be hired for a particular job position. There are different types of resumes that can be used depending on the specific needs of the applicant and the industry where he/she will apply.
Using a template in creating your Resume Format can be helpful should you need a guide with regard to the necessary content and the proper format. On this page, we provide you with these samples as well as those of Cover Letter Templates for reference in writing the document that usually goes along with the resume.
3978+ Resume Templates in Word | PSD | InDesign | Apple Pages | Publisher | Illustrator -START DOWNLOADING
Free Resume Format
Free Fresher Resume Template
Free Experienced Resume Template for Teachers
Free Generic Resume Template
Free IT Resume Format
Free Engineer Resume Template
Professional Resume Examples
Sample Professional Resume
Professional Resume Format
Career Service Resume Sample
Job Resume Examples
Sample Objective Statements
Job Experienced Resume
Job Resume and Cover Letter Example
Sales Resume Examples
Sample Sales Resume Template
Sample Resume Summaries
Resume Objective Examples
Resume Career Objective Resume
Sample Objective for Engineering Students Resume
Resume Summary Examples
Profile Summary Example
Skills Summary Example
1. Contact Information Section Inclusions
A contact information section is the part of a Professional Resume that contains the details that your prospective employer should be aware of with regards to the ways on how they can connect with you for professional purposes. A basic contact information list includes the following details:
- Your name should be on the top most area of the resume. It is highly suggested for you to write your complete name for a more professional appeal. Your name should have the largest font as it will be easier for employers to identify your resume from the rest. Also, larger font will allow the person who is tasked to review and assess your resume to remember you longer.
- Your age may or may not be placed in this information listing since it is not a part of your contact information. However, you can place it if there is a specific age bracket that a business requires for a particular job position application.
- Your mailing address should be listed in your contact information as well. If you are not a permanent resident of the area where you are currently staying (as you might only be there for work), you can write both your present home address and permanent home address. You should always make these things clear during application for the purposes of background checking procedures.
- List down one e-mail address meant for professional or business use. As much as possible, this e-mail address should have your full name. Avoid the usage of numbers, adjectives and other informal texts and symbols.
- Write a contact number that your prospective employer may reach to update you on your application. You can either list down your personal mobile number or you can also write your home telephone number. Since most businesses send SMS for updates to lessen the time that it may take to contact all initially qualified applicants through calls, it is suggested that you write your mobile number in this area.
- If you have any, you can include the links to your online professional profile or portfolio so the hiring personnel can have more references with regards to your work experiences and other qualifications.
Your Resume Format should follow all the above-mentioned items for your resume document to have a lasting impact even just from the initial information that you will provide.
Resume Profile Example
Professional Profile Example
Resume Cover Letter Examples
Cover Letter for Job
Resume Format Examples
Simple Format Example
Example of a Cover Letter
Job References Format
Free Resume Examples
Sample Cover Letter and Resume
Free Example for Jobs
Resume Letter Examples
Sample Cover Letter
2. Resume Introduction
A resume introduction is the statement that you need to create and put after your contact information. Resume introductions may vary depending on the job position you are applying for as well as the requirements of the company where you want to be a part of. Your skills, expertise, and experiences are the highlights of a resume introduction. The kinds of resume introductions that are created in varying methods are as follows:
- A career objective is the most used resume introduction in professional job applications. Career objectives or resume objectives is a statement of the skills of an individual that can be used in the operations of the business in which they would like to be hired. Career objectives may also include the professional goals of an applicant and the possible ways on how he/she can achieve it through the use of his/her skills. A career objective can be made by following these guidelines:
- Create a statement of your skills, application objective and goals which should be composed of two to three sentences.
- Properly construct your sentences and assure that they are direct to the point, precise, and accurate.
- Identify whether your career objective is applicable for the job position that you are applying for. Keep in mind that career objectives are suggested to be used for entry-level positions. More so, career objectives are usually written if the candidate does not have any plan for making a cover letter attachment.
- A qualifications summary is the resume introduction that gives focus on your achievements during your entire professional career. Qualification summaries are used by applicants if they think that the position that they are applying for requires a candidate to have a specific set of technical skills and abilities. A qualifications summary is characterized by the following:
- It is formatted in a bullet point list. Usual qualifications summary have four to six precise and short bullet points of discussion.
- Qualifications summary provides an in-depth information about the skills that an individual has. It is suggested for your qualifications summary to be based on your own strengths and they should not be generic in any way possible.
- A qualifications summary is used by people who have a wide range of professional experiences and can provide a lot of skill sets to the employer as references.
- A professional profile is the resume introduction that is deemed to be the combination of a career objective and a qualification summary. Since it is a combination of the two resume introduction types, you can format it either as a short paragraph or a bullet point discussion. The usage of a professional profile is applicable for the following instances:
- Professional profiles also work well if your expertise is directly significant to the functions of the work post that you want to have.
- You can use it as your resume introduction if you are applying for a job position in the same industry.
- A professional profile is effective if you both have the skills and industry background relevant to your work application.
Aside from the samples and templates that are already listed in this article, we can provide you with more samples of Modern Resume Templates and Basic Resume Format Templates in the respective links provided.
Resume References Example
Professional Resume References
Student Resume Examples
Student Career Centre Resume Example
Engineering Resume Examples
Example in PDF
Modern Resume Examples
Modern Technical Resume
Modern Professional Resume
3. Education, Experiences and Skills
If there are three important items that should always be in a Resume Format, those are the candidate’s educational attainment, professional work experiences, and skill sets. A briefer discussion about the inclusion of these items in an effective resume are as follows:
- Your educational attainment is very important to be included in your resume especially if your course of study is related to the nature of operations of the business. This will allow your prospective employer to know that you are guided by the basics of the processes so it is easier for you to cope with the other functions that will be given to you should you be hired. Your educational attainment section should have these items:
- Your highest educational attainment
- The name of your alma mater or the academic institution where you graduated
- The year of your graduation
- The location of the school where you graduated
- If any, the awards and citations that has been given to you during graduation
- Your professional work experiences should be listed in a reversed-chronological order as you need to supply the details of your most current job on the top of the list. The information that should be supplied for a complete listing of your professional work experiences are as follows:
- The name of the companies where you have worked
- The job positions that you have handled
- The nature of your job description or the job functions that has been entrusted to you by your previous employers
- The duration of time that you rendered your professional services to a particular company
- The specific dates of your employment and resignation
- The location of your previous work places
- Your skill sets, may it be communication, analytical, technical or any other skills is essential to be a part of your resume. The reason why you need to write these skills are as follows:
- Your skills are some of the major factors that employers consider whether they will hire you or not.
- Having the skills that the job position requires will allow you to have higher chances of being interviewed.
- Your skill sets speak a lot about your ability to professionally perform in a working environment.
This information may be added to your achievements, the training programs and seminars that you have attended, your talents and interests and a list of your references.
This additional data also depends on the level of the position that you are applying for based on the organizational structure of the company. More so, it will also depend on the type of job that you want to have and the industry where you would like to be involved in.
Other than our resume samples and templates, feel free to view and download our samples of Application Letter Templates as well.