10+ Resume in PSD
For people who would like to apply for a position in a company, they’re going to have to show that they have the means to pass the necessary qualifications. This means that they will need to provide information such as their level of education, skills, work experience, etc.
The best way to show all that in an organized and professional manner is by making a simple resume and sending it to potential employers. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to properly make one.
Elements of a Good Resume
When the time comes that you have to make one, you have to make sure that it has all of the appropriate element that allows it to share information that will help you acquire a job. Because let’s say that you send out a technician resume, but you forgot to put in the level of education you managed to acquire. A simple mistake such as that will cause employers to toss aside your resume and ultimately reject your application.
So to help you avoid that, here are the basic elements that just about every good resume template needs:
1. Personal Information: It’s here where you’ll need to write down your complete name, as well as your address and contact details. All three are important as potential employers will want to know exactly who they’re dealing with, as well as have the means to contact you should you be right for the job.
2. Education: Majority of job openings will require applicants to have a certain level of education before they can even be considered as a candidate. So what you’ll need to do is to provide information such as the school/schools that you graduated from, the year that you graduated, and any academic awards that you’ve managed to gain.
3. Work History: There are instances where it’s best that you show your job history in your resume. Should that be the case, you must provide information such as the name of the companies that you worked for, the positions that you held, and the date that you started and ended with them.
4. Skills: These are what you can gain from either previous work experience or something that you’ve personally learned. Depending on the situation, you may want to withhold sharing some skills unless they’re ones that can increase your chances of acquiring the job.
5. References: These would be the names of the people that employers will call to verify any of the information that you’ve placed in your resume. Be sure that the ones you’ve listed down are people that you trust, as well as ones who know you well. A good example of people that you want to write down as your references would be previous co-workers, managers, and supervisors.
10+ Samples of Resume in PSD
Graduate Resume Template
Finance Resume Template Sample
College Resume Template Format
Creative Resume Template Sample
Mechanic Resume Template
Hipster Resume Template Design
HR Resume Template Layout
Housekeeping Resume Template Sample
Resume CV Template
Clean Resume Template
How to Make a Resume in PSD
Now that you’ve managed to learn what a resume should be able to contain, the next step is for you to learn how to actually make one. Coming up with a resume may not exactly be difficult, but there are things that you’re going to have to do in order to guarantee that it has all the information it needs to help you get a job.
So knowing that, here are the steps that will help you make a Resume in PSD:
1. Find a template: Making a resume via Photoshop isn’t exactly recommended, but if you’re applying for a progressive company, then this is a good option. So if you’re going with this option, the first thing that you’re going to have to do is to download a template. This is much easier rather than starting from scratch as it should already a list of the information you need it to have. All you have to do is to change what’s necessary until it shares what you want it to.
2. Create a layout and select a format: You’ll need to create a guide layout to help you come up with the design of your resume. For example, you can start by featuring three rows and seven columns. Doing something like this should give you an idea as to where you can place blocks of text, photos, headers, and then see what kind of background colors work perfectly with them. Having an idea of what you want to include in the layout helps you determine what you want to place and where you want to place it.
Next is that you’re going to have to think of a format that you want your resume in. Make sure that you are able to consider the following:
- Font: When it comes to making a simple resume, you have to make sure that everything that you’ve written down can easily be read by those who decide to go through the document. You’re going to want to make use of standard fonts such as Calibri, Times New Roman, Arial, Helvetica, etc. There are still more that you can use, but just make sure that they look professional and that they won’t make it difficult for anyone to read.
- Font Size: Certain pieces of information will need a slightly larger font size in order to be emphasized. A good example would be the your basic information. Having it at the top and making it slightly larger will ensure that it’s the first thing that employers see or catches their attention.
Tips for Making a Resume
- Always check for mistakes: The last thing that you want on your resume are errors pertaining to grammar or spelling. To avoid that, you simply need to go through it at least twice so that you can make any necessary corrections. Once you’ve proofread and edited the document, then you can proceed to sending it to your potential employer.
- Never exaggerate or lie: You do not want to get caught lying in your resume as that can potentailly lead to other negative consequences other than failing to apply for a particular company. It’s best that you only stick to the facts and that you don’t exaggerate anything that you’ve written down. Remember that it’s always best to show what you’re currently capable of rather than lying about something that you can’t do and getting punished for it later.
Types of Resumes
If you’re going to make a basic resume, then you should know that there are many different types. Considering the fact that there are many different jobs that you can possibly apply for, it’s only natural that there would be resumes fit for specific types of jobs. By knowing what they are, you should be able to identify which one you should make for the right situation. So here are a few examples:
- Nursing Resume
- Physician Resume
- Merchandiser Resume
- Pharmacist Resume
- Receptionist Resume
- Mechanic Resume
- Housekeeping Resume
If you would like to learn about the other types of Resumes that you can could possibly make, then all you have to do is to go through our site until you are able to get all the information that you are going to need.
Resume Template FAQs
Is It better to send a soft copy or hard copy of my resume when applying?
If possible, it’s best that you are able to send both. Come up with an email with the soft copy of your resume attached to it and send it to the employer that you wish to apply to. Then you bring a physical copy with you as you’ll never know when you might need one.
Is there an easy way to make a resume?
Yes. What you’re going to need is a template of the resume of your choice, and then the program that allows you to open that template. Make all of the necessary changes you want until you are satisfied with the outcome. If you like, you can make use of the templates that are available in this article.
Should the time come that you have to actually make a resume, then be sure that you are able to make use of the information in this article. Doing so guarantees that you are able to come up with well-made resume.