A well-written curriculum vitae is essential in looking for a job. In contrast to a resume, a CV is more detailed and concentrated on the individual’s academic and educational competencies. In the field of information technology, hiring managers expect a lot from IT professionals in terms of how they organize and layout their CV.
To help you in coming up with a professional CV format, you can use our IT CV format samples and templates to guide you in the process. They will showcase both modern and traditional CV formats and other key strategies and techniques.
IT Business Analyst
IT Support Engineer
Executive Curriculum Vitae
Sample IT Graduate
Key Components of an IT Curriculum Vitae
Curriculum vitae templates portrays diversified means in writing a CV. There are no hard and fast rule in writing a perfect CV. However, knowing the key elements can help you anticipate what the employers are looking for in a CV.
- Educational background – This section is very critical in a CV. This is where you will chronologically outline the academic institutions that you’ve attended. You should start listing the most recent ones. If you’ve gained honorary titles in studies, you should also emphasize them in this section. Like academic curriculum vitae, employers are very much interested to know your level of expertise.
- Key Course Related Projects – The projects or works that you can list down here can refer to your school-related projects or work related projects. Just remember to label them accordingly. For example, your formal curriculum vitae could include the successful projects you’ve handled especially in fixing technical issues.
- ICT Related Experiences – For positions that require experienced IT professionals, you can add this section to emphasize your work-related experiences in the field of IT. You can include the name of your previous employers, your duration of service, your key responsibilities and contributions, and duration of service.
Furthermore, you may also include sections for your demonstrated skills, extracurricular experiences, publications, and other relevant sections.
Manager Curriculum Vitae
Professional IT Curriculum Vitae
IT Sales Manager
Tips and Strategies in Writing a CV
Bear in mind that employers scrutinized every aspect of your curriculum vitae. You should showcase your skill in terms of attention to detail and in organizing and communicating your features and credentials. In line with this, the following are strategies that you may take into account:
- Make use of positive action words. Even your choice of word counts in perfecting your CV. Choosing the right action word makes your CV appealing and comprehensible. Employers must not exert too much effort understanding the terms of your CV.
- Do conduct research. As IT professionals, you should be very acquainted with research. You should research about the employer and their preferences. After knowing them, you may use them as benchmarks in creating your own CV. Furthermore, this also makes your CV specific and targeted.
- Provide sufficient evidence. If you’re claiming variety of awards and accomplishments , ensure that you can substantiate them with evidence such as your certificates, license, recognition awards and the like.
- Fancy layout is not welcome in a CV. Your CV must be professional. It does not mean that you avoid all design elements. It only mean that you incorporate suitable and modern ones that will surely increase your chances of getting the job.