The usage of a server resume varies on the server job position that an applicant would like to be hired for. There are different kinds of servers that work in the service, food and hospitality industries. Creating a server resume will be easier if you use a template that can guide in you in formatting the layout and the content of this document.
This post is a collection of downloadable server resume templates and samples in Word and PDF. Create your own Resume Profile by using the templates that are available in this article. For more references, we can provide you with other kinds of Effective Resumes.
Sample Server Resume
Waiter Resume Objectives
An objective is one of the important parts of a waiter resume. Some of the objectives that you may place in a waiter resume are as follows:
- To practice your expertise and knowledge areas in actual service processes
- To provide your exemplary services to customers
- To have professional work experiences in the service industry
- To grow with the company while achieving personal and corporate goals
We have more Waitress Resume Templates in the provided link if you need additional references.
How to Create a Great Server Resume
A few steps that you may follow in creating a great server resume include the following:
- Focus on the technical skills that are required by the server position that you are applying for.
- Make sure that your resume format is organized and presentable. You may refer to our Resume Format Samples for more samples of a comprehensive and effective resume format.
- Provide a solid background in the service industry especially the server work positions that you have already handled.
Other than our server resume samples and templates, you may also download our samples of Infographic Resume Templates and Catering Resume Templates in the respective links provided.
Fast Food Server
Top Must-Have Skills of a Server
When you apply, you need to make sure that your resume is appealing enough for to your prospective employer. One way of doing this is by providing skills that are helpful in the operations of the business. Here’s what they often look for in a server:
- Excellent communication skills. Talking to a lot of people is already a part of the job especially if you are working in a hotel or casino setting.
- Exemplary customer service. Assure that the customers of the food establishment or restaurant will be fully satisfied by your service by giving them importance through providing their dining needs and requests.
- Product knowledge. As the server of the restaurant, you need to be aware with what you serve. You need to identify the food items so you can explain it to the customers should an instance like this arise.
- Knowledge of proper serving standards. Your technical skills should include the proper handling of food, the appropriate placement of meal items, and the correct way of putting the orders of the clients from the serving tray to their tables.
Aside from our server resume samples and templates, we can provide you with Basic Resume Template samples and Simple Resume Templates as well.