You would generally need resumes when applying for any job, such as a server of some kind. If you are applying for a job in the service industry, you would need a resume like anywhere else. A General Resume would be a help here, as it could give you a basic framework for making your own resume.
Any Work Resume Template might do for your purposes if you wanted to be a server. But there are dedicated resume templates that would be specifically made for those looking in the service industry. So if you wanted to enter that line of work, there would be resume templates that could suit you specifically.
Head Server Resume
Exchange Server Administrator
How to Create the Perfect Waitress Resume
Waitresses are one kind of server who have flexible approaches to making resumes. You could use Student Resume Templates if that applies to you, or Maintenance Resumes since the job will entail looking after the restaurant.
No matter which type of template you use, there are some steps that you should follow.
- Mention any interpersonal skills you have, as you will have to deal with customers, possibly unruly ones.
- Any knowledge related to food handling should definitely go into the resume.
- Also, mention any knowledge you have concerning food and beverages, as this shows you would know how to answer a customer’s question regarding food pairings.
What Should Go into a Food Service Resume
While Basic Resume Templates are always an indispensable tool, you should consider what you need to include. Many other server templates, like Catering Resume Templates, would include some of the same skills, such as:
- An ability to keep a cool head. Restaurants are very fast-paced, and the ability to keep a cool head through it all can prove a good skill.
- Organizational skill, the ability to work with a team and to keep track of the restaurant’s inventory would be invaluable.
- Any previous experience as a server should also be divulged.
Food and Beverage Resume
Server Job Resume
Fine Dining Server
Tips for Writing Service Resume Templates
You could use any Simple Resume Templates or the more specific Waitress Resume Templates if you wanted to be as specific as possible. But there are some guidelines you should keep in mind when applying for the position.
- Make note of any educational background that could be of use in this profession. This can include managerial or culinary backgrounds, as those are backgrounds that can directly translate to server skills.
- Include your contact information, so that the restaurant can easily contact you.
- Do some research on the restaurant you are applying for as that can hep you tailor your resume to be more effective. This may also serve to help you understand the restaurant’s methods, which can make you sound more credible.
- Try to have a contact person, as this will make your resume and cover letter more personal now that you have a specific person to address.
If you should need a server resume, these should be what you need. But there are still other resume templates, for those who want to go into different lines of work.