The industry and field of banking is a highly technical field. The employees who would like to create a career and possibly a positive mark in the particular industry needs to have specific qualifications and expertise that are usable in the field. Either you are an employee who would like to have a career advancement in the banking industry or an entry level applicant seeking for employment in the same field, it is very important for you to highlight your strengths and abilities that can be considered as additional value to the bank that you want to be a part of as an employee.
If you are applying for a specific banking position, you need to be able to assess your skills and how they can be of help to your application. It is essential for you to properly place the details that can help you to be considered for an interview. It is also very crucial for you to include the information that is needed for the job which is the reason why intensive research about the job position that you are targeting is highly suggested. Once you are already aware of all these things, creating a Banking Resume is the next thing to do so you can already start passing it to your prospective employers.
Investment Banking Resume
Investment Banking Resume Example
Investment Banking Analyst Resume
Investment Banking Associate Resume
Retail Banking Resume
Retail Banking Manager Resume
Commercial Banking Resume
Commercial Banking Manager Resume
Commercial Banking Credit Analyst Resume
Corporate Banking Resume
Corporate Banking Associate Resume
Corporate Banking Analyst Resume
Corporate Banking Credit Analyst Resume
Creating a Banking Career Objective
Since a banking resume should be more technical compared to other Resumes that are needed by other businesses who focus more on work experiences and abilities of their applicants, the career objective of an applicant in the banking industry should be able to provide a systematized, comprehensive, and technical objective. This will allow the applicant to get the attention of the employers in a positive way. A few suggestions in creating a career objective for applicants in the banking industry are as follows:
- Assure that you will include your goal of attaining success in the industry. Since there are a lot of position levels available in various banking processes, it will be better if you will state that you would like to grow professionally while helping the business grow as well.
- Identify the banking processes that you are comfortable in doing especially if it is directly related to the banking job position that you are applying for. It will also be helpful to write your abilities and skills that are applicable in the banking industry.
- Be aware of the needs of the job position and assure that your objective can highlight your attributes that are aligned to the needs of the business. This will help you to create a positive impact regarding your ability to do the job functions that will be assigned to you should you be hired for a particular banking job post.
Professional Banking Experience
It is very essential for an applicant to provide a background of the applicant’s professional work experiences in the field of banking. A few of the items related to the professional banking experience of the applicant that can greatly affect their application in the specific industry are as follows:
- The professional banking achievements of the person is very helpful. This will make the employer have a preview of the qualities of the individual and how the applicant is hungry for excellence. This will also make them know that the applicant can surpass their expectations in terms of work implementation. The achievements of the individual in the field will allow the company to trust the individual a position in the business. In the field of banking, a few of the professional milestones that a person may get include receiving the highest returns on loan in a specific time duration, getting commendations in providing great customer service, and improving the operations and client transactions of a specific bank.
- In creating a resume, the list of employers that the applicant has worked with is also essential. In writing the banks that you have worked for, a few of the information that you may include are as follows:
- The name of the banks where you rendered professional services
- The banking job positions that you have handled
- The duration of your service rendered on different banks
- The job functions that are entrusted to you by the banks that you have worked with
- The systems that you are aware of using that are related to the operations of banks
Aside from our samples of banking resume templates, you may also be interested to browse through and download our samples of Administrative Resume and Business Resume templates.
Banking Assistant Resume
Banking Administrative Assistant Resume
Banking Assistant Manager Resume
Private Banking Assistant Resume
Banking Clerk Resume
Banking Clerk Resume Example
Banking Clerk Resume Sample
Banking Executive Resume
Senior Banking Executive Resume
Investment Banking Executive Resume
Retail Banking Executive Resume
Banking Manager Resume
Banking Project Manager Resume
-Banking Branch Manager Resume
Banking Product Manager Resume
Banking Officer Resume
Private Banking Officer Resume
Banking Sales Officer Resume
Banking Job Positions
If you wanted to have a career in the industry of banking, the first thing that you need to do is to know the different job positions that you can apply for. This is very essential as you need to be comfortable with the job that will be offered to you if you pass the application processes of the specific bank where you applied. The common banking job positions that you may apply at depending on your skills, expertise and qualifications are as follows:
- Investment Banking Adviser
- Investment Banking Analyst
- Investment Banking Associate
- Retail Banking Manager
- Retail Banking Officer
- Retail Banking Sales Agent
- Commercial Banking Manager
- Commercial Banking Credit Analyst
- Corporate Banking Associate
- Corporate Banking Analyst
- Banking Administrative Assistant
- Banking Assistant Manager
- Private Banking Assistant
- Banking Clerk
- Senior Banking Executive
- Investment Banking Executive
- Retail Banking Executive
- Banking Project Manager
- Banking Product Manager
- Commercial Banking Officer
- Private Banking Officer
- Banking Sales Officer
If you want to be guided in creating the resume that you will use for your application in any of the above mentioned job positions, you may download the resume samples and templates that are available in this page.
Work Ethics and Professional Characteristics
More than the technical skills and work experiences of the applicant, it is very essential for an applicant to have the work ethics and professional characteristics that will allow him or her to work well in the professional banking environment and create a healthy relationship with his or her co-employees and the clients of the bank that will hire him or her. A few of these characteristics are as follows:
- The applicant needs to have an exceptional motivational and leadership skills that can be applicable for banking job positions especially if he or she will be hired either as a bank Supervisor or Manager.
- The banking job applicant should have excellent communication skills as it is very much needed in different banking processes and procedures. Banks hire applicants that are usually great both in written and verbal communications as there are various mediums and platforms that will be used for the processes that the bank will execute and implement for its clients.
- Because of various bank transactions that include outside sources and client inquiries, an applicant in the banking industry must be reliable, resilient, and patient.
- Moreover, a banking job applicant should know the responsibilities that s/he is tasked to do and s/he should be more than willing to excel in the areas where he or she will be assigned.
- The applicant should also have the ability to make a strong relationship with the clients of the bank. S/he should be able to promote client retention as bank loyalty helps a lot in the operations and business foundation of banks.
Other than our samples of banking resume templates, our samples of Marketing Resumes and Professional Fresher Resumes are also available for download.
Entry Level Banking Resume
Entry Level Investment Banking Resume
Entry Level Banking Resume Example
Mortgage Banking Resume
Mortgage Banking Business Analyst Resume
Mortgage Banking Executive Resume
Mortgage Banking Resume Example
Private Banking Resume
Private Banking Analyst Resume
Private Banking Associate Resume
Private Banking Manager Resume
Responsibilities of Employees in the Banking Industry
Though there are different positions that an individual can apply for, here are the basic work functions that are usually done in the banking industry:
- Handle client transactions that are related to the offers of the bank.
- Assure that the plans and offers of the bank are properly introduced and that all the information are accurate and ready for implementation.
- Create work plans to ensure the quality of the bank services offered to loyal clients and new bank customers.
- Make sure that the bank area where the employee is stationed is always available so that clients will have someone to talk to for particular bank services that they want to acquire or be a part of.
- Prepare, document and record the bank plans for giving and providing loans. Moreover, assure that receiving the interest to and from various organizations are properly executed.
- Assure that the customers are satisfied with the bank services and the client help program being implemented in the bank that are offered to them.
- Make sure that the individual has attended the needed bank training and seminars so that accurate knowledge regarding the bank operations will be gained
It is very important for an applicant to be aware of these information as the basics of the business will help him / her prepare and easily adjust in the major job functions that s/he will be tasked to do in the banking industry.
There are a variety of fields that are present in the banking industry. A few of these banking fields are as follows:
- Investment Banking
- Retail Banking
- Commercial Banking
- Corporate Banking
This is the reason why an applicant needs to have careful considerations regarding the items that s/he will include in his / her resume. The resume inclusions present in the professional profile of the applicant should be directly related to the specific position that s/he is applying for. Assuring that the professional banking resume will provide an advantageous presentation of the applicant’s industry credentials will provide higher chances of being interviewed and possibly be offered a banking job position.
If you think that you are already aware of the processes in creating a banking resume, you may also be interested to download our samples of Fresher Lecturer Resume and IT Resume Templates for additional knowledge in other types of resumes.