If you’re someone that has just graduated, then you know how hard it is to get a job. There are a lot of companies that usually don’t take in fresh graduates, but they can be compelled to do so should you be able to show them that you have what they need.
So how are you going to do that? Well, all you have to do is to know how to come up with a fresher resume that will present all the information employers will need to know that you can be a valuable asset. And that’s why this article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order to make one:
Elements of a Fresher Resume
Making a fresher resume won’t be easy, but at least knowing its basic elements should give you an idea as to how you should go about in doing so. These are things that you’ll want to include to ensure that employers learn all that they need to know about you.
With that in mind, here are the basic elements that any good fresher resume should have:
- Personal Information: You’ll want to show employers exactly who they’re dealing with and how they’ll be able to contact you should they wish to give you a shot at the position. So it’s here where you’ll have to write down your complete name, address, and contact details.
- Education: Since you’ve just graduated, this shouldn’t be too hard. All you have to do here is to point out the name of the schools that you’ve gone to, the dates in which you graduated from them, and any academic achievements that you may have gained during your educational period.
- Experience: This is where you point out any work-related experiences that you may have had that’s in line with the job that you wish to apply for. Point out the internships that you’ve taken, or any projects that you were a part of that has anything to do with the position you’re aiming for.
- Skills: Any skills that you’ve managed to acquire during your time in school should be written in your basic fresher resume. It’s best that you only write down those that are related to the job that you wish to obtain. The more you’re able to place, the better your chances in being chosen as a candidate for employment.
- References: Employers will always want to know if the information you’ve presented them with your resume is fact. So they’ll be contacting people that you know to verify what you’ve written down. So it’s here where you’ll be making a short list of people that they’ll contact. Best to go with people you trust such as your supervisor, school principal, etc.
10+ Fresher Resume Templates
Engineering Student Fresher Resume Sample
BCA Fresher Resume Template
Hotel Job Fresher Resume Format
Hardware and Networking Resume Template
MBA Fresher Resume Sample
Software Engineer Resume Format
Electrical Engineer Resume Sample
Fresher School Teacher Resume Template
Simple Fresher Resume Template
Basic Fresher Resume Template
How to Make a Fresher Resume
Now that you’ve learned what a resume should have, the next thing that you’re going to have to do is to learn how to make one. There are a couple of things that you still need to consider before you send any resume to an employer. If you’re not able to make your resume in a proper way, then that will reduce the chances of you getting hired for the job.
So with that in mind, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper fresher resume:
1. Know What Text Format You Should Use: As a fresh graduate, the one thing that you want to make sure that you’re able to do is to leave a good impression on the person that goes through your resume. One of the best ways for you to be able to do that is if you know to know what font and font size you should be using to present your information. Employers can use this alone to determine whether you’re fit to be an employee, or if they should go with other options.
So first, choose the font that you’re going to use. You can go with the standard Times New Roman, Arial, or Calibri as your choices. Know that there are others that you can choose from, so it’s best that you take a look at the many samples of resumes that you can find online to give you an idea as to what you can use.
Next, choose the font size you’ll want to go with. The standard would be 14 to 16 for the heading, while the rest would be at 11 to 12. Again, if you want to know what kind of font size you should go with, then it’s best that you go through resume samples that you can find just about anywhere online.
Just remember when choosing the font and font size, it has to look clean and professional.
2. Present the Information About Yourself: Once you’re done with choosing the text format and layout, all you have to do now is to write down all of the information you want to present via your resume to employers. Recall the basic elements of a resume and make sure that when you place them, you do so in a way that looks organized, clean, and professional.
Tips for Making a Fresher Resume Template
- Keep things short, but detailed: You don’t want to go into too much detail when showing your accomplishments or experiences, just be concise with whatever it is that you have to say.
- Always check for mistakes: No matter what, you should always make sure that there isn’t a single mistake in your resume. Check your grammar, spelling, and whatever information you’ve written down to see if you need to make any corrections. Best that you go through your resume at least twice so that you can spot and fix any mistakes you may have missed.
- Never lie: This should be obvious but it’s important that you never exaggerate or lie when it comes to the information in your resume. Only share facts about yourself and nothing else.
Types of Fresher Resumes
Know that there are a number of professional fresher resumes that you can make and that each of them can help you get a specific type of job. Learning what they are should give you an idea as to which you should make for the right job opportunity. So here are a few examples:
- Networking Fresher Resume
- MBA Fresher Resume
- Networking Fresher Resume
- School Teacher Fresher Resume
- Fresher Lawyer Resume
If you would like to learn about the other types that you can make, then simply go through our site.
Fresher Resume Sizes
If you’re going to make one, then know that the standard size should be that of an A4 or US, specifically 8.5 by 11 inches. This is mostly used on just about any business-related documents and it’s best that you stick with the standard as anything else will make the document seem less professional.
Fresher Resume FAQs
What Can I Use to Make My Fresher Resume?
There are many word applications that you can come across that should have all of the tools you’re going to need that will allow you to come up with your simple fresher resume. The most common one would have to be Microsoft Word, but choose the one that you know you will be comfortable with in using.
Is There an Easy Way to Make a Fresher Resume?
Yes, all you have to do is to make use of a word application, download a fresher resume template, open it, and customize the template to whatever you want it to be able to show. You can choose to make use of the ones available here should you wish to do so.
Although coming up with a fresher resume may not be easy, you’ll have to do it if you want to acquire a job as soon as you graduate. So be sure to make the most out of the information that’s presented to you via this article.