10+ Simple One Page Resume Templates
If you plan on applying for a job, then you should know how important it is for you to come up with a resume. While there are those who wish to present as much information possible, there are also those who wish to do so in the quickest and most effective manner.
However, they can only do this if they know the type of resume that they wish to create. And that’s why this article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to be able to come up with a one page resume.
Elements of a Good One Page Resume
No matter what kind of resume you decide to end up making, you should know that there are a couple of basic elements that all of them should contain. Knowing what they are will help ensure that you’re able to place all of the information that the document will need to show employers that you’re the right person for a particular position in their company.
With that in mind, here are the basic elements of a good one page resume:
- Personal Information: Here’s where you’ll be placing information about yourself such as your complete name, address, and contact details. This is to ensure that employers know exactly who you are and the means by which they’ll be able to contact you.
- Education: Employers will need to know what kind of education you’ve managed to attain to see if you’re able to meet with the basic requirements needed for a position. Share information such as the schools that you’ve went to, the dates that you’ve graduated, and any academic achievements that you’ve managed to gain.
- Previous Work Experience: Employers will also want to know what kind of jobs you’ve managed to attain before applying. So it’s here where you’ll need to write down the names of the companies that you worked for, the positions that you previously held, and the dates in which you started out and left.
- Skills and Hobbies: No doubt that you should have managed to gain some skills from any previous jobs that you may have had. It’s here where you’ll be placing every single one of them. It’s best that you include only those that are relevant for the job that you wish to apply. The same can be said about any hobbies that you may have. When writing these down, you should consider only adding those that shows how well you are able to implement your skills into your daily life.
- References: These would be the people that employers will be contacting to verify any information about you. Do not add any family members as employers will think that these people are biased should they answer any questions regarding your application. Write down people you trust and those who know who you are such as your previous supervisor, manager, co-worker, etc.
10+ One Page Resume Templates
Sample One Page Resume Example
Simple One Page Resume Template
Free One Page Resume Sample
One Page Resume Cover Letter Format
One Page Resume Template For Experienced Workers
One Page Lab Technician Resume Example
One Page Engineer Resume Sample
One Page Merchandiser Resume Template
One Page Doctor Resume Format
One Page Fresher Resume Template
How to Make a One Page Resume
Although you already know what a one page resume should contain, you’re still going to have to learn how you should go about in making one. There are a lot of things that you’re going to have to consider to ensure that the resume is able to present what you want it to that will make employers know how valuable you can be.
So with that in mind, here are the steps that will allow you to create a proper one page resume.
Go With a Proper Text Format
The first thing that you’ll need to do it to know how you’re going to make a good first impression with any employer that you decide to send your resume to. The way to do that is if you go with a font and font size that not only looks professional, but one that also looks clean. The reason behind this is because employers can tell what kind of employee you’ll be based on your resume, meaning that you’ll want to show them that you’re someone who puts in the time and effort to actually make it look good.
So start with the font. Know that the standard is usually Times New Roman or Calibri, but you can also go with other fonts such as Helvetica that’s perfect for business-related documents.
Then you should consider the font size. The heading is usually around 14 to 16 while the rest would be 11 to 12. Best to keep it that way as anything larger may not fit into your resume and anything smaller will make it difficult for your employer to read what you’ve written down.
Choose the Right Layout
Making a resume means that you’ll need to know what kind of layout you want to go with. There are three that you can decide to choose from:
- Chronological: This is a layout for those that have an extensive number of previous job experiences. This heavily focuses on what jobs you’ve had in the past and it’s best that you write them all down in reverse chronological order. This is also good for those who are focusing on a single career path as they’ll be able to show all of the jobs that they’ve had which relates to the one that they want to apply for.
- Functional: This layout is the opposite of a chronological one as this focuses more on the skills you have that relates to the job you wish to apply. The more skills you have, the more reason for you to go with this layout. This is one of the best options for those that have spent the majority of their working career as self-employed.
- Combination: As it suggests, it’s a combination between both a chronological and functional layout. This is the type where you’ll be showing the job experiences you’ve had, as well as the skills that you’ve managed to develop because of them.
Present the Information You Wish to Share With the Employer
Now that you’ve figured out the layout and text format you want to go with, then the next step is to write down all of the information that an employer will want to learn about you. Remember all of the basic elements and present them in a way that looks organized and easy to read.
Tips for Making One Page Resumes
- Don’t go into too much detail: Since we’re talking about a one page resume, you want to make sure that whatever you place in it fits. So as you’re writing down whatever information you wish to show, be sure that everything is concise and straight to the point.
- Never exaggerate: No matter what, you must never lie in your resume. If you do, then that can cause serious problems and you’ll most likely lost a good opportunity. So stick with only facts about yourself and nothing more.
- Check for mistakes: Before you send the resume to an employer, it’s always best that you check for any mistakes that you may have made. This includes grammar, spelling, or whatever you’ve written down. Go through the resume at least twice to ensure that you can spot and immediately fix any mistakes that you could have made.
Types of One Page Resumes
Know that there many different types that you can create and that each of them is mean for helping you apply for different jobs. If you’re able to learn about the different types, then you should know which ones to use for a specific job that you wish to apply. So here are a few examples:
- Hipster One Page Resume
- One Page Media Resume
- One Page Chef Resume
- One Page Creative Resume
- One Page Engineer Resume
- One Page Analyst Resume
If you would like to learn about the other types that you can make, then simply go through our site to know more.
One Page Resume Sizes
The standard size for just about any one page resume would be that of an A4 or Us, specifically 8.5 by 11 inches. Anything smaller or larger than that would make the document seem less professional and make the information look less presentable. So stick with the standard to ensure that employers are willing to take a look at your resume.
One Page Resume FAQs
How can I get an employer to know that I’m the right person for the job?
The way to do that is to present them with the information that they want to see. Write down information that’s relevant to the job and ones that you know will get you a higher chance in attaining the position.
Is there an easy way to make a one page resume?
Yes, all you have to do is to download a one page resume template and customize it to contain whatever information you want it to present. You make use of the ones you wish to present here if you wish to do so.
Make use of all the information in this article to guarantee that you will be able to come up with a one page resume that will help you get the job that you want. Also, be sure to thoroughly read what’s presented here to ensure that you make the most out of what you’ve learned.