Typical and humdrum resumes may be ideal for most job. However, if you really want to make an impression towards potential hiring managers, why not go for non-traditional yet professional resumes. As a matter of fact, not all companies embrace the more formal approach.
However, this also depends on the type of job position you are applying for and where you want to work. Choosing an appropriate resume type can help you in promoting yourself in the candidacy. As you go along on this page, you will know more information regarding non-traditional resume and the different types of it.
Types of Non-Traditional Resumes
Several resume format templates exist around the web, ranging from the more formal traditional resumes to the more trendy non-traditional ones. Below is a list of various non-traditional resume examples that you can use for your job application.
- Infographic Resume – This is a type of resume that uses visuals, such as images, photos, charts, graphs, and other graphics in providing details regarding an applicant. It can also be shared to other connections and potential hiring managers. Infographics can be similar to traditional resumes in that they convey the same information such as contact details, past work experiences, and skills that are relevant to the job.
- Online Portfolio Resume – Sharing of resumes by means of personalized websites is already a trend. This is also a great way if you want to showcase your work experience, qualifications, skills, and other relevant information online. The so-called Social resumes provide a much complicated appeal of an applicant, this also shows the applicant’s eloquence about social media.
- Video Resume – This is what applicants use if they want to highlight their skills and experiences through a short video. Generally, the applicant will stand in front of the camera and explains briefly about herself/himself.
Helpful Tips for Using a Non-Traditional Resume
If you opt for a non-traditional resume over those represented in generic resume templates, there are several things you can do to maximize its efficiency. you can refer to these helpful tips. These are surely beneficial to your job application.
- Determine the nature of the job. Think about whether or not the resume will help you in the type of job you’re applying for. If you want to show your creativeness towards potential employers, then a non-traditional resume may be ideal for you. But if you are aiming for a more conservative position that does not rely heavily on visual arts, then stick to a traditional resume.
- Always follow the proper guidelines for job application. Make sure you’ve complied with the company’s rules and regulations for job application. If they are asking you to a pass a traditional resume, then hand them one.
- Always keep a traditional resume handy. Regardless if you have an online portfolio or any other resume types, keeping a traditional one is always a good practice. It is great if you can also give them a traditional resume should they ask for it. Luckily, these are easy to find, as there are a variety of printable resume templates online that would suit your liking.
Taking the non-conformist route will make you stand out from all the other applicants. Keep in mind the important details above, and you will not go wrong.