When applying for a job, it is with high importance that your resume contains brief and essential details about your skills, qualifications, and your experience. Your resume serves as your ultimate tool when entering the world of competitive job-seeking. You need to keep in mind that your major goal is to stand out from other applicants as this will give you a higher chance for an employer interview.
Job seeking is surely a tough and challenging thing to do. Regardless of what position you are aiming for, it pays to have a well-written, professional, and engaging resume. This is a great way to impress prospective employers as well. Here in Template.net, with these work resume templates that we offer, surely these will bring you an advantage. Image samples of the templates can be seen below.
Social Work Resume Templates
Social Work Resume
Professional Social Work Resume
School Social Work Resume
Volunteer Work Resume
Volunteer Work Resume Sample
Volunteer Work Resume Example
Tips on How to Make an Outstanding Resume
It will only take a few seconds for hiring managers to scan a particular resume. So you need to make sure that within that few seconds, hiring managers will be able to see enticing details about you. Or else, your resume will just be thrown into a pile of records that they don’t want to pursue. Follow these helpful tips to ensure your resume won’t be eliminated.
- You may include a resume summary. It is always best if you add a resume summary at the top portion of your resume. Adding a brief statement that highlights your qualifications and skills is also an advantage. Don’t forget to state why you are a potential candidate for the job position.
- Highlight your relevant credentials. Most job positions require certain certifications and degrees. So it is important that you include our educational attainment. You also need to focus on the areas that are most relevant to the position you’re applying for. Warehouse worker resumes, for example, highlight skills related to handling certain types of machinery and/or tools.
- Determine and include major relevant experiences. When crafting your resume, it is also essential that you highlight all your experiences that relate to the job. In case you are shifting careers, you can consider your internships and voluntary works in the past.
- Avoid too much cliché. It is not a good practice if you overused statements on your resume.
Office Work Resume
Entry-Level Office Work
Office Work Resume Format
Administrative Work Resume
Administrative Functional Resume
Administrative Assistant/Executive Secretary
Construction Work Resume
Construction Project Manager
Some Samples of Our Work Resume Templates
Because it can be a little bit tricky to come up with your own resume, templates like those for Microsoft work resumes are your best option. Why? Templates are ready-made and are well-formatted, especially these work resume templates that we have to offer. These can be beneficial to you, for sure. Why not take your time in checking out these samples and download if you see one that matches your preference.
- Social Work Resume Template – This is a resume designed for a social worker position. If you have a background working in mental health clinics, schools, human service agencies, or hospitals, then this template is what you need. Details such as volunteer work and community involvement are included here.
- Office Work Resume Template – If office work position is what you are eyeing for, then this template is what you need. This contains information such as academic qualifications, career objective, field of expertise, personal skills, personal details, achievements, and other relevant details.
- Administrative Work Resume Template – This resume is intended for administrative work positions. This is a type of work where performing clerical tasks, administrative duties, in-depth research, and managing lower-level assistants are the major tasks. If this industry is what you are aiming for, download this template.
- Construction Work Resume Template – This resume is ideal for construction related work or labor maintenance. Main responsibilities are utilizing, setting up, or delivering tools or other equipment and working with other construction personnel.
- IT Work Resume Template – If working in an IT industry is what you are aiming for, you might want to download this template to supplement it. With this, you don’t have to worry about what details to include. This template targets IT-related job positions. It contains all the different types of programs one needs to successfully nab that IT job.
Professional Work Resume Template
Professional Construction Resume
Bar Work Resume
Bar Staff Resume
Bar Work Resume Example
Contract Work Resume
Common and Widely Used Resume Types
When applying for a job, always keep in mind that you are promoting yourself to potential hiring managers. It is just similar to companies captivating people in purchasing what they have and the services they give. When marketing yourself, using an appropriate resume is always recommended. You may check out these resume types for your job application and select the ones you think is suitable.
- Functional Resume – A type of resume that mainly highlights your skills and experiences. In this, it is not necessary for you to include the dates in which you have worked. The employment history is then listed below the information of your skills and experiences.
- Chronological Resume – This is the mostly used resume among applicants. A type of resume that lists down all of your work histories in a chronological order, and is mostly preferred by job seekers.
- Combination Resume – When it comes to providing details regarding both of your skills and experience, this is the ideal resume to use. A flexible resume indeed since it lets you focus on the details that tailors to the job position you are applying for. To illustrate, social work resumes have to highlight only skills and experience relevant to social work.
IT Work Resume Templates
IT Work Resume Sample
Labor Work Resume
General Labor Work Resume
Labor Work Resume Sample
What are the Steps in Writing a Resume
For those beginners in crafting a resume, you can download free work resumes while following these steps for a more professional and effective resume document.
- Select an appropriate resume to use. Even ordinary basic work resumes act as powerful and effective tools for any job seeker. Choose which of the three resume types you are most comfortable in using. Whether if its’ in a chronological, functional, or combination format.
- Create a career objective. In this section, you can just type your career objective in one or two sentences. Explain the job you are planning to apply and observe simple and concise statement.
- Create a list of activities that relates to the position that you are planning to apply.
- Make a list of your educational attainments. You can also list the awards that you’ve won.
- You need to make use of keywords. It should contain keywords that are relevant to the job position.
- Create a list of references. In this section, you can add 2-4 professional references. You also need to make sure that these are not your close friends or family. Include their name, your relationship to them, and their contact details.
Don’t miss out on any career opportunity. Use the tools that have been placed at your disposal, and take it.