It can be important to put some effort into writing your resume. You could potentially lose a job that would’ve been perfect for you, and it’s not exactly easy to find a job in the first place. Resumes are usually the first thing an employer will ask for during your interview so it’s best to make sure you’re making the proper one. We have here resumes fitting a writing career.
On this list, you will find writer samples that you can use to create the best resume you can. Speaking of which, If you’re not interested in that, we also offer general resumes and resume examples for you to choose from.
23+ Writer Templates - Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Excel, Adobe Photoshop (PSD), WordPress, Google Docs, Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Microsoft Publisher, Apple Numbers - START DOWNLOADING
Content Writer Resume
Grant Writer Resume
Sample Writers Resume
Technical Writer Resume
Senior Technical Writer
Content Writer Resume
1. How to Write a Professional Writer Resume
It can be important to be able to make the proper format for the resume you are making. It can leave a bad impression if you make a sloppy resume to present to your would-be employers. Here are some things to consider when you are making your resume:
- Follow proper format when making your resume. The examples provided above will help you do just that.
- Make sure to check your spelling and grammar. Double check at least twice after you’ve written the resume you’ve made.
- Remember to include in all the necessary information such as your name, address, contact information on your resume.
With all the examples we have listed for you on this list, it should be a cinch to be able to make a professional writer resume to present to your would-be employers. Speaking of which, if you’re ever in the need for more resumes, you can check out these technical writer resume templates and some other professional resume templates for yourself.
2. What Are the Objectives to Include in Writing a Resume?
The primary goal of a resume is to help you sell yourself. Being able to tell your employers of your skills and past experiences will increase your chances of getting a job. The objectives to include in writing a resume are to place just exactly what makes you capable of the job you are applying for.
Never forget to include your skills on your resume as well as your previous experiences. Employers do review resumes and will decide whether or not you’re qualified for the job in their company. Speaking of resumes, our website offers a lot more resumes for writers for you to choose from. Take a look at these writer resume templates and basic resume templates if you are interested.
Professional Writer Resume
Medical Writer Resume
Sports Writer Resume
Freelance Writer Resume
3. 5 Tips for Writing an Effective Writer Resume
- Don’t hesitate to sell yourself. Resume Objectives are there to make sure that you’re able to show off just exactly what you’re capable to your would be employers. However, don’t oversell yourself. Be polite, humble, and yet assertive when you do enumerate your accomplishments.
- Put in skills that are related to the job. In the same way as selling yourself, if you’re planning to be a writer for a certain company, then place in skills that you think will help you get the job and not just place everything you are good at.
- Show your proofreading skills—by proofreading your resume. It could very well help you land a job if you correct any errors before going to apply for the job plus it shows you a learned hard skill.
- Make your resume clear and easy to read. Choose the right font size and format so that your resume looks clean and neat. This will help employers get the impression that you’re a really professional person.
- Avoid any jargon or slang. But this doesn’t mean you should go all-out Shakespeare. Add targeted keywords like “editing or blogging experience.” Since a resume is still a professional document, your tone should be professional, more so.
With these tips, you can definitely make the best resume for a writing career that you can. Hopefully, this list helped you learn more about it. If you happen to be on the lookout for more resumes, we have here creative resume templates for you to choose from.