10+ Schedule Templates in Excel
Students and employees alike need to be able to keep track of the list of tasks that they need to accomplish every single day. While there are some that handle this better than others, those who have a hard time will need something to help them remember what it is that they have to do.
One of the best tools that they can possibly use would be a schedule planner as it can provide them with the help they need. And that’s why this article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to properly make one.
Elements of a Good Schedule
Although making a schedule isn’t something that’s hard to do, you’re still going to have to learn what’s in it to ensure that it can help you keep track of what has to be done. So what this means is that you need to know the basic elements that a schedule template comprises of. That way, you wont have to deal with a schedule that could end up confusing you or not being able to do what it’s supposed to.
So with that in mind, here are the basic elements that will allow you to come up with a good schedule:
1. Title: It’s important that your schedule has a title as you want to know exactly what it’s for. You have to make sure that whatever title you come up with relates to the purpose of the schedule. For example, if you plan on making one that will help you keep track of what you have to clean on a weekly basis, then you would want the title to be something like “Weekly Cleaning Schedule” or anything similar.
2. Names: Some schedules will require you to place names in it. This is because you might want to designate the schedule to someone in particular, or there are a number of people that are involved who need to know what they have to do and when they have to do it. Make sure that you provide their complete names so that there won’t be any questions regarding identities.
3. Task Details: It’s here where you’re going to have to provide important information regarding what you have to do. Be sure to provide everything from the location that these task have to be completed, to the time and date in which you have to start and finish them.
10+ Samples of Schedule in Excel
Maintenance Schedule Template Sample
Vehicle Maintenance Schedule Template
Weekly Payment Schedule Format
Payment Schedule Template
Sample Maintenance Schedule Template
Simple Schedule Template Example
Project Payment Schedule Template
Rent Payment Schedule Template
Theater Schedule Planner Sample
Sample Weekly Schedule Template
How to Make a Schedule in Excel
Now that you know what it is that should be inside a schedule, the next thing that you’re going to have to learn is how you should go about in making one. Again, making a schedule isn’t difficult, but there are things that you’re going to have to consider to ensure that it’s able to do what it’s intended to. And the only way for you to do that is by knowing the exact steps.
Knowing that, here are the steps that will help you come up with your own schedule in Excel:
1. Download and use an excel program: The first thing that you’re going to have to do is to download an Excel program. Once you’ve managed to install it, open it and do the following:
- Click on the “File” tab.
- Select the “New” option.
- Double-click the “Schedules” button on the “Available Templates” screen.
- Choose the template that you want to use. Double-click on the want that meets your needs.
- Click into one of the cells populated with information that you want to change.
- Overtype these pieces of information to whatever it is that you wish.
- Repeat step 5 to 6 until you are satisfied with the changes.
2. Be sure to provide all of the details: If you plan on starting from scratch and decide not to use a template, then you have to make sure that your schedule contains the following:
- Task descriptions: No schedule can be complete unless it has a list of all the tasks that need to be done. What you have to do is to make sure that each task is perfectly described in whatever schedule you end up making. That way, there won’t be any misunderstandings regarding what exactly has to happen. Be sure to describe these tasks in full detail.
- Locations: You’ll need to be able to point out where certain tasks have to be done to ensure that they’re done in the right place. Be sure to be very clear in terms of location as you’ll want to avoid having you or other people doing what they’re supposed to at the wrong place.
- Time and date: Since we’re talking about a schedule, naturally you’ll need to make sure that it has both the date and time. Whatever you write down should tell you when a particular task has to happen. Make sure that you take into account just how long a specific task is going to take, and that you include the appropriate number of columns and rows for the date and time that you’ll be writing down.
Types of Schedules
Now that you have managed to learn exactly how you should go about in making a schedule, you must now learn that there are different varieties that you can make. Take note that each type of schedule is meant for its own specific purpose. By knowing what those are, you should have an idea as to which one you’re supposed to make for the right situation. So knowing that, here are a few examples:
- Payment Schedule
- Medication Schedule
- Camp Schedule
- Work Training Schedule
- Hourly Schedule
- Appointment Schedule
- Vehicle Maintenance Schedule
- Production Schedule
- Workout Schedule
- Weekly Schedule
- Cleaning Schedule
In the event that you would like to learn about the other types of schedules that you can make, then you simply need to go through our site until you are able to obtain all of the information that you could possibly need.
Schedule Template FAQs
Is excel the only format I can make my schedule in?
No. There are many different types of formats that you can make your schedule in. For example, you can decide to make it in Word format if you think that will make it more convenient for you. Just know that you’ll need the appropriate program in order to make it in the format that you want it in.
Is there a convenient way to access the schedule I’ve made?
Yes. Considering today’s advancement in technology, being able to carry or access your schedule at just about any given point in time is very easy. You can transfer your schedule to any mobile device you might have and download an app that allows you to open it, or you can save it in a cloud storage and use whatever device you have to access it whenever you want.
Is it better to have a hard copy or soft copy of my schedule?
It’s advised that you always have a soft copy of your schedules saved at all times. You can decide to print out a hard copy if you think that it’s necessary, but you have to always make sure that you have a soft copy on stand-by as you’ll never know when you might have to print one out.
Remember that making a schedule is never going to be difficult, but you still have to make sure that it has all the information it needs to help you keep track of what you want. So make the most out of the information that is presented in this article to guarantee that you are able to make a proper schedule.