10+ Weekly Schedule Templates
Whenever there are multiple tasks that you need to be able to complete within a specific amount of time, then you’ll obviously want something to help you with this. This is especially true if the amount of tasks that you need to finish span throughout and entire week.
One of the most helpful things that can help ensure that you’re always updated with what you have have done, what you have yet to do, or what you’re currently doing is by having a weekly schedule. And that’s why this article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to properly make one.
Elements of a Good Weekly Schedule
Before you can even begin coming up with a weekly schedule, the first thing that you’re going to have to do is to learn about its basic components. The only way that you will be able to make one is if you know what it should consist of. Because a schedule that lacks information is one that’s close to worthless.
With that in mind, be sure that you include the following so that you can make a good weekly schedule:
1. Title: If you’re going to make a schedule, then you’ll want to point out what kind of schedule is going to be. Having the title can help remind you what the schedule was meant for, as well as the things that you’re going to have to do. Be sure that the title is directly related to what you’re supposed to be doing within a week’s time. For example, if you were to make a schedule for your cleaning tasks, then you’ll want the title to be something like “weekly cleaning schedule” or anything similar.
2. Date and Time: Since we’re talking about making a schedule, then you’ll obviously want to know when you’re going to be doing specific tasks. All you have to do here is to point out the exact date and time in which certain tasks need to be finished and started. Since this is a weekly schedule, be sure to write down all of the days within the week.
3. Tasks: No schedule can be complete unless you point out what it is that you’ll be doing. It’s here that you’ll be writing down a list of all the things that you’ll need to do within the week. Just make sure that you write down exactly what needs to happen and when it needs to happen so that you’ll always remember what it is that you need to do.
4. Names: There are instances wherein you might need to include a name or two to specify who the schedule is meant for. If this element is needed, then just make sure to include the person’s first name, last name, and middle initial.
10+ Weekly Schedules
Weekly Camp Schedule Sample
Weekly Hourly Schedule Format
Weekly Medication Schedule Sample
Weekly House Cleaning Schedule Format
Weekly Weight Training Schedule Template
Weekly Kitchen Cleaning Schedule Sample
Weekly Study Schedule Template
Weekly Appointment Schedule Sample
Sample Weekly Schedule Template
Simple Weekly Schedule Example
How to Make a Weekly Schedule
Although you have already learned about the basic elements of a weekly schedule, know that it’s not enough to help you make one. It’s important that you know what it is that needs to be done to ensure that the schedule you make will be useful. So long as you can acquire the information that you’re going to need and place it in the document that’s easy for you to understand, then you won’t have to worry about too much in terms of remembering or completing your weekly tasks.
With that in mind, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper weekly schedule:
Know the Purpose of the Weekly Schedule:
Before you can even begin making the schedule, the first thing that you’ll need to do is to figure out why you’re even making it in the first place. By knowing the purpose, you’ll have a much easier time figuring out what tasks you need to put into the document, as well as the date and time in which they need to be started and finished.
All you have to do is answer this one question: What do I need a weekly schedule for? The moment you’re able to figure out that answer, then coming up with the entire schedule shouldn’t be too much of a problem.
Point Out the Tasks that Need to be Started and Completed:
Once you’ve figured out the purpose of the schedule, then the next step is for you to point out all of the things that you need to do within a week’s time. So it’s here that you’ll need to come up with a list of all of these tasks. Use as little words as possible, but not to the point where you or anyone will no longer be able to understand what needs to be done.
Write Down the Day and Time in Which These Tasks Need to be Done:
When you’ve already figured out what has to be done, the next thing that you’ll need to do is to figure out when they need to be done. Basically, you just need to point out the day and time in which certain tasks need to be happen and need to be completed. It’s best just to start by writing down the time in which you start the first task, and cover all of the time that needs to be spent until the last task that you need to complete.
Tips for Making a Weekly Schedule
- Go with a proper format: One of the easiest ways that will allow you to make a schedule is to know the format that you should use. There are a lot of different types and there are those that have their own formats. Know which ones you should use or use the ones that you think you’re comfortable with.
- Make sure everything looks organized: The only way that this is going to happen is if you organize the list of tasks that you have to do, as well as creating a proper chart that will easily tell you when something has to be done, what has to be done, and when it needs to be completed.
- Always check for any form of mistakes: If you want to make your schedule look as professional as possible, then the easiest way to do so is by going through it to check for any mistakes. It’s best that you go over the schedule at least twice so that you can easily spot any mistakes to grammar, spelling, or even the information that you’ve written down. Once you find them, fix them immediately so that you won’t have to worry about them any longer.
Types of Weekly Schedules
Know that there are so many different weekly schedules that you can make that each of them has their own specific uses. So long as you know what they are, then you should also know which one of them you should use. So here’ s a list of a few examples:
- Weekly Appointment Schedule
- Weekly Workout Schedule
- Weekly Maintenance Schedule
- Weekly 24 Hour Schedule
If you want to learn about the other types you can make, then simply go through our site.
Weekly Schedule Sizes
If you’re going to create a weekly schedule, then it’s best that you know that the standard size would be that of an A4 or US. You can deviate from the standard size by going slightly larger or smaller, but that’s ill-advised as they won’t look as professional. Stick with the standard size as it’s just enough to make everything look presentable, as well as being able to contain what you’ll want to write down.
Weekly Schedule FAQs
What Can I Use to Make My Weekly Schedule?
The best software applications that you can use to help you create one would either be Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel as those essentially contains all of the tools you need. Take note that there are also others that you can use, it’s all up to your preference on which you want to utilize.
How Can I Easily Make a Schedule?
Well, one of the easiest ways of making one is by downloading a weekly schedule template and customizing it in a way that matches what you need. You can decide to make use of the ones available here should you wish to do so.
It’s never going to be easy when the time comes that you have to make your own weekly schedule. It will take a good amount of your time, but it’s always best to have one rather than not at all. So be sure to follow the steps above and use whatever information is presented in this article to help you make a weekly schedule that’s effective.