10+ Datasheet Templates in Illustrator
Businesses that wish to promote their products, services, or even themselves will want to present potential customers and clients with all the information they need. Doing something like that could lead to an increase in sales or improve a business’s image in the eyes of its target audience.
The one document that is able to do just that would be a datasheet. This article will teach you what you need to know in regards to how you should go about creating a proper datasheet in Illustrator.
Elements of a Datasheet
1. Name of the product, service, business: Data sheets meant for promoting to customers and clients must be able to point out what exactly it’s trying to promote. And that’s why you must make sure that the document provides the exact name of the product, service, or business you want to share with readers.
2. Description of the product, service, business: After naming what’s being promoted, then next would be a short description. This is where you will give the reader a brief introduction on what the product, service, or business does. Also, you can use this as an opportunity to point out the origin of what’s being promoted.
3. What the product, service, business offers: Here is where you’ll need to share information on everything that the product, service, or business has to offer to a potential buyer. Be sure that you point out everything that customer can benefit should he/she make the purchase as doing so will affect the customer’s decision to purchase or avail whatever is being promoted by the data sheet.
10+ Datasheet Templates in Illustrator
Photography Studio Datasheet Template
Business Datasheet Template
Investment Marketing Datasheet Example
Product Datasheet Sample
Jewelry Store Datasheet Template
Free Real Estate Datasheet Template
Free Realtor Datasheet Template
Free Law Firm Datasheet Example
Available File Formats
Free Marketing Firm Datasheet
Free Travel Datasheet Template
How to Create a Datasheet
1. Gain access to Illustrator: If you’re going to make any kind of data sheet with Illustrator, then you’ll need access to the program first. Once you have managed to install it, then here are the things that you are going to have to do:
- Launch Illustrator.
- Click Create new to open the New Document dialog box. You can also use shortcut keys to do this: Control+N (Windows) or Command+N (macOS).
- Select a category at the top such as Print, Mobile, or Web.
- Select any of the presets of the different document types.
- Specify exact dimensions, change measurement units and page orientation by selecting Preset Details.
- Once done, click Create.
Take note that you can use the same process to help you create any document via Illustrator.
2. Creating your datasheet: After learning how to use Illustrator to create one via a blank document or a data sheet template, next is for you to learn how to put in what the sheet needs. Here are the things that you’ll need to do:
- Fully understand the product, service, or business that you’re trying to promote: No matter what it is that your data sheet is promoting to its customers, you have to make sure that you fully understand everything there is to know about it. This means that you’ll need to gather accurate information concerning the product, service, or business that will be promoted in the sheet. That way, customers will learn exactly what it does and you can present the information in a manner that will help them make important decisions.
- Consider the design of your datasheet: The design of your data sheet is very important as you’ll want to have one that’s unique to your business. Although you could just use a template and customize it in whatever way you wish, it’s usually best to come up with your own design to give off a sense of uniqueness. If you like, you can go through the samples of data sheets to give you an idea as to what the design of yours should look like.
Tips for Making a Datasheet
- Only present factual information: You do not want to give your customer such high expectations about what your data sheet is promoting, only for him/her to be disappointed when it’s not able to meet them. And that’s why whatever descriptions you create regarding what the product, service, or business offers has to contain no exaggerations or lies. That way, you can avoid potential backlash and you’ll save your business’s image.
- Proofread and edit: Whatever information your data sheet contains must not contain any grammar or spelling mistakes. Also, you want to make sure that there’s nothing missing or that there’s no incorrect information being shared. So to ensure all of that, you’ll want to proofread and edit the datasheet that you’ve just made. Go through the entire document and do a double-check just to make sure that you didn’t miss out on fixing anything important.
Types of Datasheets
Many businesses have different things that they have to offer, meaning that there are also just as many types of data sheets that can be made. Here are a few examples:
- Health Spa Datasheet
- Product Datasheet
- Business Datasheet
- Realtor Datasheet
- Travel Datasheet
- Investment Marketing Datasheet
- General Corporate Datasheet
- Financial Planner Datasheet
- Service Datasheet
Why do customers even need datasheets?
It’s very possible that there are customers who would like to gain more information about a product or service before they even consider purchasing them. Providing them with a data sheet when they need it or when they ask for one can help them realize whether or not what your business has to offer is what they need.
What other uses does a datasheet have?
Aside from using it to attract potential customers and clients, there are certain datasheets specifically meant for internal business purposes. For example, one can use a datasheet to check out the latest specifications on a business’s system management software. The information can help one to see if the software is obsolete and is in need of change for further improvement, or if it should be replaced entirely.