The one sheet (sometimes hyphenated as one-sheet) originated in the entertainment industry as one-page sales material. Since then it has branched from show business to every other industry that needs publicity to sell itself and its products. If you are in sales or are working with people in sales, you will be making these at some point.
232+ FREE SHEET Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator (AI), Apple Numbers
Here’s a helping hand. Find a Sheet Template from this list of 10+ Word and PDF samples. We’ve included sheets for the film industry, promo sheets for public speakers and other artists, educational fact sheets, and financial plans and corporate marketing sheets, among others.
Product Fact Sheet Template MS Word
Business Term Sheet Template in iPages
Movie One Sheet Template
Marketing One Sheet Template
Corporate Partnership One Sheet
Business One Sheet Template
Speaker One Sheet Template
Artist One Sheet Template
One Sheet Template Music
When Do I Need a One Sheet?
One sheets are also called promo sheets or press sheets, and are often used for publicity and in the distribution process.
- Example: You’ll see this most clearly in the music industry. The one sheet will be this glossy page like a flyer, providing information about a musician and the current record or album being released. Radio stations and other showbiz publications will receive this sheet along with a CD of the new record. The station or publication can then be a part of the marketing and broadcast the artist.
This works similarly in all other industries. To push your work to the front of the media lines where it will be seen and talked about, the one sheet is your calling card.
How Do I Start Making a One Sheet?
First, know your audience. Who will be receiving the introduction?
- Example: The Speaker One Sheet Template will be used to market a particular speaker to the panel and sponsors who will be organizing a speaking conference.
Depending on the audience, you will need to incorporate the right details.
Any and all information you think will help with the campaign will help. It is basically a Fact Sheet Template. But remember that if you are selling product or service, so let the one sheet sound like a marketing pitch than a page from a textbook.
This is going to be similar to a flyer or ad poster; you are trying to excite and attract people. It is not a contract between you and your audience, and no one is obligated to act on it. It is, in other words, not a Term Sheet Template.
One Page Fact Sheet Template
One Page Sell Sheet Template
One Page Financial Plan Template
One Sheet Template Film
Details of a One Sheet: An Example
One sheets will vary depending on the industry. For the music scene, a one sheet will typically include
- artist biography and photograph(s),
- album or cover art for the release,
- titles of the highlight tracks for an album,
- similar artists (to help publicists market you to fans of similar artists), and
- record label and/or artist contact information.
For marketing any other artistic, business, or consumer product, the equivalent keynote details apply.
- In place of biography, there could be a summary of the film or business, and instead of photographs, you could use brand logos.
This is basically going to be a Sell Sheet Template, so make it appealing.