Sales comprise a big part of the earnings of a business entity. Proper monitoring should be done in order to have an accurate information at the end of every accounting period. A Tracking Sheet can be made in order to generate appropriate sales reports. This sheet is also known as a sales sheet.
In the creation of a Startup Balance Sheet, there is a need for information related to the sales of the business entity. Information such as cash are recorded on the sales sheet making it a need on balance sheet reporting. These sales sheet templates will provide the format needed to track sales dynamics.
Sales Contact Data Sheet
Analysis Data Sheet
Fundraiser Sales Sheet
Sales Call Log
Monthly Sales Sheet
Sales Sheet vs. Sell Sheet
A sales sheet and sell sheet are among the business terms being used interchangeably. Their definitions are presented below for proper application and reference purposes.
- Sales Sheet – This contains data on sales generated within a time period. Sales personnel take note of sold products or services. This sheet is similar to the Work Sheet Templates used for monitoring sales.
- Sell Sheet – Defined as a one-page document used for marketing purposes. This is similar to flyers but made with much thicker paper substance and much detailed in product or service information compared to a flyer.
Vital Elements on Sales Sheet Templates
The following elements are present on Sales Sheet Templates in Excel and Printable Sheet Templates provided on this website:
- Customer Information – The name and contact details of the customer is to be specified on the space being provided on the template. This is essential especially for service type of business entities.
- Details of the Sale – As can be seen similarly on Job Sheet Templates, a list of the items or services, that is already paid or is yet to be paid, is set on a table format. When a sale has transpired, it is recorded on the sheet including the date of sale, the nature of item or service, and the amount paid.
Real Estate Sales
Terms and Conditions Sheet
Food Sales Fact Sheet
Real Estate Comparable Sheet
Purposes of Sales Sheets
Sales should be properly recorded and accounted for in sales sheets for the following reasons:
- Monitoring Sales – To avoid lapses on recording of generated sales, a sales sheet is needed so as to record the sale after the transaction took place. In doing this, there will be minimization of unrecorded sales.
- Supporting Document – The reporting of sales at the end of the month is done with ease because of the listings made on the sales sheet. The sales sheet is the supplementary document of your financial reports.
- Guiding Sales Personnel – Business entities often set quotas when it comes to sales. Having a sales sheet makes them know on what items they should strive to make a sale and what items they can be at ease with in selling. Goals can be set similar to Goal Sheet Templates.
Keeping an eye on the sale of products and services is essential to have proper reporting of financial information in a certain company setting. With the use of Free Sheet Templates, tracking sales become less difficult, putting the business entity at ease in achieving the accuracy of recorded financial report.